“Average hotel but value for the price we paid”
Review of Y Resort Ubud

Y Resort Ubud
Ranked #150 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
“Average hotel but value for the price we paid”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My wife and I stayed for 6 nights at the Y Resort. Although the resort is quite modern the rooms are on the small side and with the sliding door closed for security there is no ventilation. To turn the power on it was necessary to put the key tag in the light switch, no problem, but to get out the door in a hurry the key had to be reinserted in the door lock, this IMO is a fire hazard. Breakfast was included and was average by Bali standards.
Located about 2 to 3 km from the edge of town it is quite walkable, however caution is required due to no footpaths in places. The hotel runs a shuttle service and a 1 way taxi is approx US$3 so quite affordable. There are restaurants nearby and a lovely cafe a short walk through some pathways away from the road.

The pool is of a good size but a bit dirty, sun loungers are available along with pool towels etc. Staff were always friendly and very helpful. We extended our stay as we were enjoying Ubud, the rate offered at reception was US$20 more than online, we booked online.

I would stay again but would not pay more than US$70 a night.

Room Tip: Check online pricing as well as direct to the hotel, most of the rooms are similair as far as I coul...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The good thing about this resort is that it is fairly new and modern, and has a nice pool. The fittings are not first class, for instance, the air conditioner was a little bit noisy. But overall, I would still say it is good enough. The service staff are friendly. It is quite inaccessible to the town and you would have to rely on the shuttle bus or taxis, which are easy to find.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Most items on the menu not available
Waitress didn't understand the drinks menu
Simple store bought pizza was served
Grossly, grossly overpriced

Nice surroundings
Very quiet
Lovely cats

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank ChrisRedfearn

Travellers are raving about these Ubud hotels

Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

The driver who dropped us off at 8 in ubud didn't show up to pick us up at 1015 as requested. We waited from 10 to 1030 for the shuttle in the dark with mozzies and aggressive taxi touts! :( We chose to walk instead which is highly not recommended for the elderly as the hotel is located a little far out.
First day there was buffet breakfast which resulted in upset stomachs.
2nd day it was ala carte due to lack of guests. Breakfast was served by non english speaking trainees without supervisors. My hot chocolate didn't come and so did my croissants. Out of 6 items I only had ommelette and toast! :(( toilets was dirty and had black mould on the walls. One can get much better deals for the same price!

• Stayed May 2012
Sydney
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The location isn't great and its not the kind of place that you want to hang around too long. Sure there is a pool and some lounge chairs, but it feels a bit try-hard. The room was quite small and the decor looked cheap. It did like the pebble floors in the shower. The breakfast was quite limited and a bit dis-organised, there were many staff and quite a few just milled around. They need some training with customer relations. They were Bali nice but not helpful. The hotel is fairly cheap compared to a lot of options in Ubud, but I would probably say to either in town at a local guest house, or even further out of town where you get a more relaxing experience. They do offer a a shuttle to the main town.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at Y Resort for 3 nights & there were good & bad aspects of the hotel.

Good:
- location was great, just out of the town centre.
- the shuttle bus every 2 hours was an easy way to get into town
- the room was quite small but clean
- free wifi is always good
- friendly staff (however not great english)
- I travelled alone & felt very safe there
- staff helped me organise to do a silversmith jewellery class

Bad:
- maintenance work going on right near my room, loud banging, drills etc
- bad mosquito/bug problem. I've never been bitten so much in my life! Really ruins meals when you're getting eaten alive
- I got a massage at the spa & it was quite horrific - once again getting eaten alive by mosquitos & other bugs. Nothing relaxing about it
- the shuttle bus didn't get me at the time it was supposed to on one occasion
- the resort was not busy at all, so there wasn't much atmosphere. I was often the only person in the restaurant for breakfast/lunch/dinner

All in all a pleasurable stay but I found myself hiding away in my room while at the resort so I was safe from mozzies & bugs. A weekly bug gassing is needed like they do in other parts of bali.

• Stayed January 2012
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed nearby and stopped in tonight to have dinner. It's my wife's birthday, so we wanted to turn up the style a notch. For the record, we did not sleep here.

The place was noisy, we were the only diners, and the food was terrible.

We had an awful experience. We sat down as the only diners in the restaurant, and ordered cocktails and food. About one minute after we ordered, a carpenter started up a sander in the back. (Perhaps he was resuming work?) The noise went on for ten minutes, and we then asked the staff if he could stop or switch to a quieter activity. Much discussion among the staff ensued, and five minutes later he stopped sanding. Two minutes of silence passed. He then started running an electrical drill.

The food arrived. It was not very appealing looking, and we weren't going to stay. We asked to have the food wrapped and took it home. The staff apologized for the noise on our way out, but offered no compensation. Oh well. At home, we opened the food. My "tofu steak" was just terrible, and her mie goreng was only slightly better.

I understand that my frustration over what is probably a necessary activity may be unwarranted. So be it. I would not want to eat there again, and find their approach to customer service quite lacking.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple