Puri Sunia Resort
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
1,089 results
All reviewsevery hourrice paddiescinnamon toastmorning yogacomplimentary activitiesfree shuttlelocal villagealways on timepool villaubud centreafternoon teadeluxe roomminute driveregular shuttleshuttle servicecooking classbalinese massage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed here for 5 days recently (March 2012). The location is outside of Ubud, about a 10 minute drive, in a cute little village. There are rice paddies around and lovely scenery. The resort provides an hourly shuttle service into Ubud and back when needed.
My favourite thing about Puri Sunia is the staff. All the staff are so nice and happy. The resort also provided twice daily room service and got the canopy ready over the bed each night and folded down the bed sheets. As it's a small little resort they get to know all the guests names as well. The complimentary yoga each morning was a great start to the day. The yoga centre is in an open pavillion surrounded by trees and is very peaceful.
The food in their restaurant is absolutely amazing, the chef cooks high quality food and I would highly recommend dining there. The presentation of the food is also impressive and the restaurant staff are so friendly and nice.
And I also had a fun experience making coconut leave offerings with the yoga teacher, was so much fun and very interesting to see how they are made.
I would definately stay here again and recommend this resort to others.
Oh and almost forgot, I had a balinese masssage there in the spa centre and it was the best massage I've had in Bali!

Room Tip: we had a room near the pool and restaurant, even though this room was lovely, if you want more privacy choose one up towards the yoga centre.
2  Thank fizzles
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed at Puri Sunia for 2 nights at the end of my 2 week holiday in Bali and found it to be one of the best resorts I have found. The resort is new and the location is 10 minutes from Ubud in the countryside very pretty, quiet and peaceful. The great thing is that a complimentary shuttle leaves hourly to and from Ubud so you can spend as much time in town as you like without having to worry about taxis. The accommodation was very nice with all the facilities you would expect in a resort of this quality, however the best thing about the Puri Sunia for me was the food. The breakfasts were fantastic and even if you had a huge appetite I would doubt you could eat everything provided, and the overall quality of everything on the menu was top class in both presentation and taste. The chef was interested in feedback and just wanted the guests to enjoy the experience which I really did - Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank J D
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We decided to stay here for the first three days of our one-week in Bali based on the reviews posted on Trip Advisor. In retrospect, we wished we had booked the resort for the whole week. We found the previous positive reviews to be extremely accurate. The resort is nestled outside of Ubud in a beautiful area among the rice paddies and local villagers. You are quickly immersed in how the locals live when you take an early morning guided two-mile walk in the area around the resort. Upon arrival, you are offered a free 15-minute welcoming foot massage. We took advantage of that on our third and final day. Note: mosquitos were not a problem here as the area around the resort is fogged once a week. The complimentary morning breakfasts were great with a number of options including a traditional American breakfast as well as local food such as Nasi Goreng (fried rice with chicken and vegetables) and Mie Goreng (same dish but with noodles). Service was exceptional and extremely gracious. The rooms were comfortably spacious with very nice marbled finished bathrooms. The grounds of the resort are extremely peaceful. You feel you are in a holistically healthy and spiritual place in a very natural way. The serenity is not forced upon you-it is simply present. Free shuttle service to Ubud was great. Ubud is a great little village that is the center of culture and art in Bali. We stayed in Nusa Dua our last 3 days in Bali but next time will stay at Puri Sunia for a week instead of staying at the beach areas of Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, or Nusa Dua. You can hire a driver to visit those areas. If you want a truly relaxing and spiritual experience, stay at the Puri Sunia for a week. You will not regret it!

4  Thank Emptynest1234
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I am so pleased my travel agent recommended puri sunia - it was exactly what I was looking for! I am travelling solo and this resort has been my family for the last 7 days, they have looked after me in so many ways...I am so greatful that there are hotels like this that really nourish the mind, body and soul! I have loved the complimentary yoga each morning, mediation, cycling, massages at the spa (the whole experience at the spa is just beautiful) and quiet time. The food is brilliant and the staff are so kind and generous....every single request is welcomed and taken care of and the rooms are fit for a king, I especially love the way they prepare the bed for daytime and then different for nighttime, I feel very looked after and pampered! It had been my little piece of heaven on earth!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are fantastic and are very private with your own balcony!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed at Puri Sunia recently for three nights and absolutely loved it. We were in a suite room overlooking the pool which was tastefully furnished and well equipped with everything we needed for our stay from a good range of toiletries to robes, slippers, water and power adaptor. We took advantage of the hotels activities, the ricefields jogging and yoga - other guests said the trekking was great too. Of particular note was the food - by far the best we have had in Bali by a long way. The breakfasts were beautiful, we tried all the choices but loved the Puri Sunia breakfast of fruit, cinnamon toast and either chicken or prawn rice porridge - absolutely stunning! Dinner was served with a complimentary amuse bouche and sorbet between courses. The service in general was truly fabulous. Shuttle service was great. All in all a wonderful resort if you are looking for peace, quiet and relaxation.

1  Thank Roses273