Puri Sunia Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,089 results
All reviewsevery hourrice paddiescinnamon toastmorning yogacomplimentary activitiesfree shuttlelocal villagealways on timepool villaubud centreafternoon teadeluxe roomminute driveregular shuttleshuttle servicecooking classbalinese massage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Before you think that I am going to give Puri Sunia a bad review, this is really not my intention. In fact, my overall rating for the resort is very good, which I must say was largely because of the staff and their services.

After reading the various comments on this site, I decided to book my stay at Puri Sunia for a relaxing holiday in Bali. Maybe its just me but I really did not expect the resort to be so small. It took us less than 5 minutes to cover the whole resort. Other than the main pool and the restaurant, you really don't have many other places to sit and relax.

We stayed in a pool villa, which is really very private. The only problem I had was that it was TOO close to nature. I saw big lizards just outside our rooms, bugs flying around and ants all over the room. Not that it's dirty. The room is in fact very clean but you just cannot avoid the bugs and ants given the surrounding. If you are scare of the creepy crawlies, maybe staying in the rooms on the 2nd level would be better rather than the villas. Otherwise, going to the toilet may become a very stressful experience since it is out in the open!

That said, if you're a nature lover and you don't think it's important for a resort to have too many facilities, this is really a nice place to stay in. We are in particular very impressed with the service staff. They were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. During our 5-day stay, the internet was down for 4 days. So I'm not sure if it is reliable.

Do try to go for the padi field trekking! It is one of the highlights of our trip! The lady staff (I forgot her name!) was very patient with everyone and made sure the pace was manageable for everyone. Just be careful, it is really not as easy as you think it is. Nonetheless fun! Try it!

1  Thank Pageten
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Located a winding, scenic 15 minute drive from the town center, this is a perfect, quiet retreat from busy Ubud. Extremely friendly service (is there any other kind in Indonesia?), simple decor, lush landscaping, and healthy, full-portioned meals. Amazing, refreshing swimming pool. Great, reliable, hourly shuttle service to/from town. One of the best massages I've had in 15+ years living in Asia!

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Great setting with adequate pool and decent facilities given the size of the hotel. Rooms are large and spacious but a little bit damp. Restaurant food is good and reasonably priced. Only one high chair (which had to be held together with a strip of cloth) which is a problem if more than one baby. Baby cot was provided but no net so we often found gecko droppings in our babies cot the next day, needless to say we didn't use it. Shuttle bus is regular and efficient. Every night we went to bed you could here music from somewhere, not great if you have a baby. We checked out one day early as we had booked four nights, it was too long. I found it rather odd than none of the staff even asked why we were leaving early.
Staff were very friendly and helpful but pitifully slow and disorganised. It seemed that there was no leadership or management presence.

Room Tip: If you have a baby ask for a lower floor as there are a number of steps to get to the rooms with balconies. As it often rains this can become a bit of a issue.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TheSarahsHK
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Stayed 3 nights in deluxe room on the ground floor.

Pro:-
The staff were very polite and always smiley especially staff at the restaurant.
Free yoga lessons. Free 10mins foot massage.
Punctual hourly bus shuttle.
Clean towels.
Nice/small swimming pool.

Con:-
Intermittent wi-fi connection with frequent request to sign-in.
Musty smell on pillow and linen.
Slippery/slimy bath tub corners.
Showers - Water temperature fluctuates on its own.
Cash and handphone stolen while asleep.(!!!).

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank TFLing
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Booked the Healing Package for my friend and I which was great as it included a lot of goodies for us to enjoy.

Pros:
- The FOOD! Absolutely delicious and 5*. Was very impressed and highly recommend. Was happy eating there for all meals if I spent all my time in the hotel.
- Great customer service. Staff is always smiling and helpful. We had a bit of an insect problem just hours after checking in and they moved us immediately into another room.
- Minutes away from Ubud centre and shuttle bus also available on the hour
- Tranquil setting amid Jungle

Cons:
- Insects in ground room. Not cool.
- Faint 'musty' smell in the rooms. Wasnt so bad in the upper level room.
- Very weak wifi. Only available in dining room and reception area.

A fantastic stay if you are looking to get away from it all but still be close enough to explore.

Room Tip: Higher floors have no problem with insects. If you are sensitive to spiders then stay away from ground floor. Doors arent sealed completely when closed so they are easy to get in.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends