“Genuine Indian food, very extensive menu!”
Review of Indian Delites

Indian Delites
Ranked #425 of 820 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Indian Cuisine, indian food, best food, ubud, eat at ubud, Beautiful View
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This very genuine Indian restaurant has an exceptionally long list of great Indian options available. We had the Dahl, which was very good - as was the enormous bowl of raita. Great Indian option in Ubud.

1  Thank Lbosh

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Food is good. It's tasty, although the spiciness is not really Indian, even if you ask for 'spicy'. The price is quite high for Bali / Indonesia. I have visited this restaurant in the past and I noticed two things: 1. the place looks run down: it needs a renovation, table cloths with holes in it, just aren't good! 2. the prices are high and during our visit (July 2013) we were already warned that soon prices would be raised, by a small note attached to the menu. We were not sure in the end if we already paid more than last time: the bill seemed higher than before.

Service is ok, well at least for Indonesian standards. You will have to ask and wave to get served: but that's very common in Indonesia. I got used to the fact that empty drinks aren't a trigger for waitresses to ask you if you would like to have some more. At least they explicitly tell you that rice needs to be ordered as a side dish as all main courses are served without, but don't expect them to advise you on the various choices you have. Saffron rice tastes very well here and should definitely be considered. Naan is yummy, especially the garlic naan.

Overall: average, because the place is a bit run down, it's a bit expensive and service isn't great. The food is good that makes up for the rest.

1  Thank HenriHolland
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I chose this restaurant as it was my birthday whilst we were in Ubud and I wanted to go for a curry.

We asked if they sold Smirnoff Ice as this is my favourite tipple, they did not but allowed me to buy some bottles from the local supermarket and take them into the restaurant which was very good of them.

We ordered Poppadums to share which were excellent, and almost a starter in themselves, and then I had chicken madras, rice and naan bread and my husband had lamb rogan josh . We enjoyed the food so much we went back a few nights later and again, the food was very good as were the staff.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I've dined here a few times over the last few years. The food is pretty awesome, great variety of meaty and veggie dishes. But the service is just awful. If you're up for good food served with a smirk, this is the place to eat! :p

1  Thank Lu P
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Delicious and authentic. Try the Afghan Tandoori chicken, unusual and wonderful. Nice setting, great service

Been to Indian Delites? Share your experiences!