“Poisoned!”

Ranked #417 of 746 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Indian Cuisine, indian food, best food, ubud, eat at ubud, Beautiful View
Ubud, Indonesia
“Poisoned!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Eat here 6 hours before getting on a flight and got so sick on the plane that they had to page the plane for a doctor. I will never ever go here again. Buyer beware!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank S M

• Indonesian first
WA
“New location”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Same restaurant as in other reviews, but in a new location. The address given here is correct and must have been changed by the owners as it's only been open a few days. Ignore all comments about decor as they are in a brand new building. In fact at this time, they are the only tenants in this new group of shops. The decor therefore is all new. It looks a bit sparse and could do with some Indian paintings etc on the walls. It's a nice change to have Indian food. We found it very tasty and serves were generous enough for us to need to take the leftovers home. The location overlooking the Campuhan Ridge hasn't been used well at all, so don't expect views, but at night this wouldn't matter. Plenty of parking, extensive menu, pleasant service and a tad more than we would usually pay, but, as I said, we got an extra meal with takeaway.

Visited September 2013
Vikramkalra_77, Owner at Indian Delites, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Hi Jayjay,
I am glad you enjoyed your experience dining at our restaurant.
I would like to inform you that we are still not 100% ready, we had to move from our location last month and this restaurant came up in less then one month.
We will be completing our setup by second week of october for the second floor with amazing view of the mountains and green love valley as our balinese youngsters call it as "Bukit Cinta"

Would love to have you back and look forward for your review again

Cheers
“Genuine Indian food, very extensive menu!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

This very genuine Indian restaurant has an exceptionally long list of great Indian options available. We had the Dahl, which was very good - as was the enormous bowl of raita. Great Indian option in Ubud.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lbosh
Holland
“Was better in the past”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Food is good. It's tasty, although the spiciness is not really Indian, even if you ask for 'spicy'. The price is quite high for Bali / Indonesia. I have visited this restaurant in the past and I noticed two things: 1. the place looks run down: it needs a renovation, table cloths with holes in it, just aren't good! 2. the prices are high and during our visit (July 2013) we were already warned that soon prices would be raised, by a small note attached to the menu. We were not sure in the end if we already paid more than last time: the bill seemed higher than before.

Service is ok, well at least for Indonesian standards. You will have to ask and wave to get served: but that's very common in Indonesia. I got used to the fact that empty drinks aren't a trigger for waitresses to ask you if you would like to have some more. At least they explicitly tell you that rice needs to be ordered as a side dish as all main courses are served without, but don't expect them to advise you on the various choices you have. Saffron rice tastes very well here and should definitely be considered. Naan is yummy, especially the garlic naan.

Overall: average, because the place is a bit run down, it's a bit expensive and service isn't great. The food is good that makes up for the rest.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank HenriHolland
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Delightful”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I chose this restaurant as it was my birthday whilst we were in Ubud and I wanted to go for a curry.

We asked if they sold Smirnoff Ice as this is my favourite tipple, they did not but allowed me to buy some bottles from the local supermarket and take them into the restaurant which was very good of them.

We ordered Poppadums to share which were excellent, and almost a starter in themselves, and then I had chicken madras, rice and naan bread and my husband had lamb rogan josh . We enjoyed the food so much we went back a few nights later and again, the food was very good as were the staff.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Indian Delites? Share your experiences!