“Wow. Outstanding and exceptional experience and value for money.”

Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
Ranked #33 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I would return in a heartbeat. I love value for money and this surpasses expectations. Exceptional service and beautiful rooms. Lovely pool area. Is missing a spa pool but a small thing for us. Fantastic location for shopping yet when you enter the hotel you are a world away from the main street activity. Very private rooms. I seldom return to the same hotel but in this case I can't wait to return. Hard to put it in words. Just try it.
We visited the other komaneka properties and found the same level of friendly warm professional staff and amenities. These properties are really well managed and the staff are trained by the hotel. Congratulations komaneka for a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Sallylyons

Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed at the Komaneka at Rasa Sayang with my wife in Feb 2012. This has to be one of the most wonderful properties we have ever stayed at. The staff is extremely warm and welcoming, right from the manager Mr. Budiarta onwards, and made all efforts to make our stay comfortable. We were most impressed that they remembered our names and greeted us accordingly and even more impressed to find they also remembered our food preferences.

The hotel is spanking new and the rooms are spacious, modern and equipped with really nice bathrooms. We thoroughly enjoyed our complimentary afternoon tea by the stunning poolside and the massage at the beautiful rooftop spa. The location can’t get much better – right at the heart of Monkey Forest St. with lots of restaurants and shops outside. At the same time, inside the hotel there is a totally serene and peaceful feel.

I highly recommend this resort and would certainly want to stay there again on my next visit to Ubud.

1  Thank jas125
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My Fiance and I stayed at Rasa Sayang over the week of the 22nd on our second part of our bali trip to look at wedding Venues. It was an absolute gem. From the amazing location right there on Monkey Forest road, to its spotless and well appointed rooms, it was a completely 5 star stay. To top it all off while we were there my Fiance actually didnt feel well from a dining experience in Seminyak and we needed to call the doctor. The staff at Komaneka called us a in house doctor and stayed with us during the visit. As soon as the doctor said what he needed to have for the next few days Yuria was on it immediately ordering it to the room (Bannanas, Water, Isotonic, apples, bland food) and by the time the doctor left all of it was brought to our room. The service was the absolute best, superior to all other places we've ever been.

We would reccomend this resort to anyone staying anywhere in Ubud, and I would base that completely on the service. The fact that the location, the rooms and the food was so great is just layers and layers of icing on the cake.

We will be utilizing this hotel again when we come back to ubud for the wedding for all our guests. I cannot rate Rasa Sayang high enough and would so encourage everyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a beautiful little garden patio
1  Thank DandCAus
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Have just returned from a two week holiday in Bali,including 2 nights in Komaneka in Ubud.
We arrived early for our check in and were received with open arms,the staff were so friendly,couldn't do enough.The rooms were huge and very well fitted out,modern yet traditional.We were offered complimentary afternoon tour of the rice paddies and a coffee plantation with the most expensive coffee in the world digested from an animal similar to a possum ,then processed,interesting to say the least.The hotel had free shuttle to anywhere you wanted around Ubud we waited no longer than 10 mins and then the staff apologised.The position was 10/15 mins walk to the market place and central to many boutique shops and eateries.The wet edge pool capped off a hot days shopping,with free Balinese afternoon tea .Be careful you find the correct hotel as there is another across the road same name different address.

1  Thank 57Mal
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here in late December with our two young children for 2 nights. We originally booked a room at Komaneka, Monkey Forest, but were greeted with a pleasant surprise when the staff offered to upgrade us to a room at the Rasa Sayang branch, at no additional cost.
It's a small establishment. The stay was very comfortable, and I was very impressed with the room and the bathroom which were new, spacious, clean, simple and well-designed.
The only downside is the room we got had no view, and the balcony is facing the wall of the next building. But this was not an issue to us as it means more privacy.
Service level was excellent. The pool and breakfast were good. The hotel manager also offered free body masssages for two. I was dwelling about slipping away from my 2 kids to go for a massage when this offer came up. All in all, the stay was memorable and I hope to go back there in future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Although we are still at the hotel, I felt compelled to write this review now about what we feel is probably the best property we have stayed anywhere in the world. Although the hotel is centrally located on the main street of Ubud, you would never know once you emter this oasis which is set back from the street. The location is perfect for shopping and a large selection of restaurants. What sets the hotel apart however is the wonderful staff, each and every one of whom make you feel like you are the only guest in the hotel. For instance, we had a small problem with our Internet connection and an engineer was dispatched immediately to deal with it. We then went down to breakfast and as soon as we sat down, the waitress told us the problem had been fixed. When I walked past the front desk, the receptionist told me the same thing. Now there's service and communication! Last night, we wanted a low key pizza dinner.The staff recommended a wonderful restaurant, one that is favored by the locals and even offered to drive us there and pick us up.

Our accommodation in one of the villas is absolutely amazing and is truly the highlight of our stay in Ubud. The villa is huge, has an outdoor shower and stunning views over the Ubud treetops. We are planning on spending the day "at home", we love it so much here.

We would be very sad to say goodbye tomorrow were it not for our move to the sister hotel The Komaneka At Bisma. We are confident that these same levels of attention and service will follow us there!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night recently when my family was visiting. The rooms are very large with comfortable beds and big bathrooms. Nice design, friendly staff, good pool too. The afternoon tea is a nice touch. I thought the dining room was a bit bare and lacked warmth, and we didn't try the food. The price was a bit more than I am used to paying in Bali, especially in Ubud, but all in all I think it was good value, and we really enjoyed the short time we spent there,

Room Tip: The rooms at the front on the ground floor, although they have a large balcony, face a wall and are...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family