“Home away from home...”

Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
Ranked #31 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 17 May 2012

But my home is not nearly as beautiful in the same way as this place! I say it was 'home away from home' because all of the staff did everything they could to make me comfortable. I was traveling with a group but occasionally wanted to explore Ubud on my own. I would tell the front desk where I was going (because I wanted to, not because they were nosey).. And when I came back they'd always say 'welcome home'. How wonderful.
The amenities were amazing. Food, classes, pool, comfortable bed, and even provided pajamas and robes! Great value for the money!
There were shuttles in VERY nice cars if I wanted to travel a little further out.
The spa was beautiful with talented staff. The waitstaff were so kind and patient. The rooms made me feel like I was living in a princess' dream! Very spacious and comfortable. Large balcony with table for having meals and couch for relaxing.
A plant lover's dream with lovingly attended gardens.
I could say so much about this wonderful place...
I will certainly return to Komaneka at Rasa Sayang as soon as possible!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there are any bad rooms here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kristal E

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I could not possibly think of one reason why not to re-visit! We had originally booked Komaneka at Monkey Forest however on arrival we were asked if we would rather stay at Rasa Sayang as it was new etc. They sold it as a free upgrade and without seeing the rooms etc at Monkey Forest we can't comment on how it compares but we weren't left wondering after a fabulous stay.

We extended our original booking of four nights to nine. The staff were very polite and could not do more to make us feel welcome. The room was impeccable and a lovely size. Water was always topped up so we had an unlimited supply. There was also a cute jar of biscuits that were replenished.

Breakfast was a feast and we also ate one night at the hotel which was complimentary due to our extension. Could not fault the food.

The location could not be better, right in the heart of Ubud on Monkey Forest Road and walking distance to all the local attractions, restaurants and bars.

Overall a wonderful stay and will be recommending to all our friends travelling to Bali!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonLolo09
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I’m a big fan of Komaneka, and have tried most of them except Bisma. It was my first stay at Rasa Sayang which opened in late 2011.

Checking in was quick and efficient, you’re offered the usual cold towel and welcome drink. Staff were surprised when I answered 6th to the usual “Is it your first time at Komaneka sir ?”

As my room was not yet ready I was given a grand tour of the property, including a visit to one of the 2 Villas located on the top floor (4th).

In Rasa Sayang the architecture, design, décor and wonderful staff remind you that you are staying in a Komaneka but the concept is slightly different than Monkey Forest or Tanggayuda.

This one is a 4 story building with room access from an outside corridor, the narrow building goes all the way from the road to the river.

At the river end you can find the restaurant, pool area and a small terrace close to the river right below the pool area.

My room on the 3rd floor was large, well equipped with a large balcony but not much of a view towards Pertiwi. The bathroom is also large and functional. Nice bathtub and a separate shower cubicle.

Breakfast was good with a choice of Continental, American or Indonesian options. It’s more than enough to keep you going until diner with maybe a minimal lunch.

As usual after a few hours the reception staff and a few others start addressing you by your name which is always a nice touch.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the spa pricelist at Rasa Sayang is more reasonable than at the other Komanekas I stayed at by 50% of more. The Spa is located on the 4th floor, on the back side of the hotel offering a wonderful view from the lounge. I’m not and authority on spa and massages but I had a few sessions and was quite pleased. Same great service, good facilities and wonderful staff.

For those who are wondering, I inquired and it looks like Monkey Forest kept the old price list.

Overall a great stay, a lovely hotel ideally situated on Jl Monkey Forest, great staff and peaceful setting.

Would I recommend it, yes no problem.

Would I come back ? Yes, but only if Komaneka Monkey Forest is out of the equation. I just love the gardens, small building and sense of being in a small village you get there.

Rasa Sayang has all the Komaneka attributes in a more classical hotel setting.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Bougnat_ie
Reviewed 2 May 2012

our staying in this Komaneka resort was paradise, the most friendly and efficient staff ever...
although in the middle of busy busy Ubud streets, it has a very cosy and relaxed atmosphere,
beautiful swimmingpool , large and modern rooms with all comfort!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We booked in for 3 nights and without hesitation extended this to 7 nights and would have love to stay longer if we could. The hotel is modern, the rooms very comfortable and spacious. Everything is supplied for you, including little gifts to make your stay more pleasant. The most enjoyable factors of our stay were the outstanding service, the friendliness and the quality of the food and amenities. It is without hesitation the best hotel i have ever stayed at and highly recommend it to travelers without hesitation

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I went to Bali for a few days and was looking for a quiet and peaceful place in Ubud. I made the choice to go to Komaneka at Rasa Sayang and staying there was beyond expectations ! They just make everything possible to fulfill your needs, the rooms are huge with all you need up to the nice basket to pack your stuff to go to the swimming pool or to the market...
The service is excellent, discreet and efficient as you expect it to be. I wish I could have stayed longer.
The spa is also worth mentioning with its very professional team far better than the massages offered on the street.
The location is also perfect, right in the center of Ubud, you can go anywhere walking. The activities offered by the hotel go from walks around Ubud in the morning, to "how to wear a sarong" or drive you to temples for typical balinese danses.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2012

we had booked a 6 day stay at komeneka monkey forest; having been several times in ubud including last year, I was looking at a central hotel with nice facilities for four people
the upgrade to rasa sayang was a nice surprise with larger rooms
everything was perfect: service especially; do not miss the free transport to other komaneka locations ( bisma, tanggayuda) for the spa , and swimming pool and jsut to take the breakfast
it was a surprise having booked the breakfast at tanggayuda to have the staff welcome us by our first names!
do not miss the bisma swimming pool: simply gorgeous
having been to ubud in a top location last, I have to admit that this one was beating it by the level of service even if the location more convenient did not have the same spendid views on the rice paddies
another good surprise was the free shuttle for restaurant at night ; as we showed up to get a taxi, the staff which had helped to book the restaurant offered us to take the hotel car
the girls tried the spa at bisma;3 h 1/2 for $85 good value for a perfect service; pay with amex you will get a 20% discount on the spa
simply perfect