“Convenient.”

Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
Ranked #34 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I've stayed in 4 hotels in Ubud. Komaneka at Rasa Sayang was very good but still not my favorite. It's conveniently located in the touristy center but most of the rooms have no view of the rice paddies.

LOCATION: Walking distance to the Monkey Temple (one of the main attrations in ubud), and in the heart of the tourist shops (and traffic!!!).

FOOD: Good. Lots of options, the kind of breakfast you would hope for at this price.

ROOM: Excellent. Modern, well designed, comfortable bed with lots of pillows, ac works great...had to ask for a blanket.

SERVICE: Excellent. Friendly staff who responds immediately to requests.

VIEW: NO REAL VIEW!!! At this price, I'd expect a view, and the only view is at the top floor in the private villas at at the pool. Even then, I've seen better views for same price and under!!!

TIPS: I'd stay at the Komaneka at the Bisma location. It's still in town but on a less busy street, and all of the rooms have an amazing view of the rice paddies and the tropical forest!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and hope no one is in the rooftop villas.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank susQnyc
Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed 29 May 2012

The narrow unassuming entrance to the Konaneka Rasa Sarong is a welcome retreat set back from busy Monkey Forest Rd. The convenient location is an easy walk to the Monkey Park, temples, cultural shows, restaurants and the hundreds of small shops in Ubud. The gracious and helpful staff are eager and quick to provide advise or whatever is needed during your stay at the newest of the 3 Komaneka boutique hotels. In fact, soon you are recognized and greeted you by name.
There are about 30 modern, elegant rooms, 2 penthouses, a rooftop spa, computer room, open air restaurant and an infinity pool --all efficiently and creatively built on a narrow expanse of land stretching back and above the river. Each room has a lush outdoor lanai or deck wirh cushioned lounging furniture, however the property is enclosed by a high boundary wall, so the lower floor rooms are dark and do not benefit from from the views and sunshine of the upper floors. While at first this was a off-putting, it became a nonissue since we were mostly out galavanting during the day or on the pool deck. The attention to details are found at every turn, from a flower petal design on the king+ size bed to fresh cotton pajamas and slippers provided with the turn down service. The restaurant's breakfast menus are diverse and competently prepared, although eggs for our group seemed to be either too runny or too well-done. While we only ate one dinner here, it was good but not particularly noteworthy except for trying my first snake fruit margarita! For me, I think I'll need a few more to acquire a taste for it. The spa is beautiful and many rooms overlook the tiled and thatched rooftops of Ubud. All of the services are a magical and most are an amazing value compared to US prices
(easily half). I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank activechica
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This was our first trip to Bali, and we arrived in Ubud tired and hungry after an early flight and some bad planning on our part!

We were greeted warmly, and offered a delicious complimentary drink while our details were processed. We arrived before check-in, and were shown to the restaurant to have lunch while we waited. This was the only "main meal" we had at the hotel during the stay, however we had breakfast and afternoon tea every day. The food is delicious and of a high quality.

The room was spacious with an outdoor private balcony and large bathroom. Fresh flowers filled the room with a lovely scent, there was a small gift on arrival, and the bed covered in rose petals. Complimentary bottled water appeared every day, along with a bowl of fruit and a never ending cookie jar!

If I wanted to find one flaw in the room, the bathroom and toilet doors have a slatted section at the bottom - if you had a dose of Bali belly this might be a little uncomfortable for anyone else in the room!

Towels appeared to be changed twice a day - the room was made up while we were at breakfast, and again when we went out for dinner.

The complimentary afternoon tea was always delicious and the service was exceptional.

We also used the spa services which were great as well.

The location was great - 10 mins casual walk to the centre of Ubud, and 5 mins casual walk to the Monkey Forest. Surrounded by restaurants and shops. The beauty of the location was the ability to duck back to the hotel for a quick shower to freshen up at any point throughout the day.

We used the hotel taxi service to get back to the hotel. This was $50AUD and we could have taken a taxi off the street for half the price. However, our taxi was pristine, air-conditioned and again was stocked with bottled water, soft drinks, beer, and snacks! The driver was of the same warm, friendly nature as all the other hotel staff, and made conversation through the approx 1hr journey as well as asking us if his driving was too fast/slow etc.

Every aspect of the hotel service could be summed up as warm, inviting, with a high attention to all the little details that make the difference.

We'll definately travel to Ubud again, and if we do, we would most definately stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JadeandSimon
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Our stay at the Komaneka at Rasa Sayang was awesome. The rooms are very big with a large private balcony and the service is amazing. You will feel like a royal the way you get treated.
It's just all the little things the staff do, like the all remember your name and say welcome home every time you return to the hotel.
The rooms get serviced twice a day and in the evening there are night gowns put onto the bed with a different bed time story each night.
Also there is a car service who will happily take you to dinner around Ubud in the evening.
Having stayed at many resorts around the world this is definitely one of the best ones.
Two thumbs up!!!!

Thanks again Mr Paul and Mrs Shelley

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bossiron
Reviewed 19 May 2012

This is a lovely hotel with excellent service! The staff made my daughter's birthday very special by coming to our room and singing happy BD on our arrival evening with a cake.
they remembered our names during the whole stay and were very helpful. The outstanding location, staff and service made our stay very enjoyable .
Many great restaurants and shops are within just a short walk.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Helenedang
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

We visited Bali in May and stayed at the Komenika Rasa Sayang twice during our visit. We both felt that the hotel was a home from home - their attention to detail is amazing and they always gave us a warm welcome (including a small present during our second stay). The rooms are comfortable, well laid out and the best we stayed at in Bali! I would recommend this hotel to everyone and this is the first time I've left a review on trip advisor because our stay was that good!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank OwenandLaura
Reviewed 17 May 2012

But my home is not nearly as beautiful in the same way as this place! I say it was 'home away from home' because all of the staff did everything they could to make me comfortable. I was traveling with a group but occasionally wanted to explore Ubud on my own. I would tell the front desk where I was going (because I wanted to, not because they were nosey).. And when I came back they'd always say 'welcome home'. How wonderful.
The amenities were amazing. Food, classes, pool, comfortable bed, and even provided pajamas and robes! Great value for the money!
There were shuttles in VERY nice cars if I wanted to travel a little further out.
The spa was beautiful with talented staff. The waitstaff were so kind and patient. The rooms made me feel like I was living in a princess' dream! Very spacious and comfortable. Large balcony with table for having meals and couch for relaxing.
A plant lover's dream with lovingly attended gardens.
I could say so much about this wonderful place...
I will certainly return to Komaneka at Rasa Sayang as soon as possible!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there are any bad rooms here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends