“Cannot recommend this hotel enough!”

Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
Ranked #34 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Ok we absolutely loved this place...
The staff are fantastic, the best i have ever encountered!
The location is perfect, right in the middle of it all so walking distance to most things and if you don't want to walk the hotel provides a free shuttle service that will take you pretty much anywhere you want to go in Ubud and pick you up again. They will even pick you up from one destination and drive you to another before coming back to pick you up again!
The Wifi in the rooms is fast and easy to get onto, the rooms are huge! Great bathrooms and a large verandah - very private.
Every room also has it's own Apple TV filled with music and movies and as part of their turndown service they even give you Komaneka sleeping shirts.
The hotel food is lovely and the pool is great, such a nice way to wake up!
The hotel is even owned by Balinese people and everywhere you look they have tried to make your stay as lovely as possible, just so thoughtful honestly I cannot rave about this place enough! It really feels like home, I miss it already!

If i had to pick on something - the air con was a little weak for such a large room but the reception was more than happy to give us a great fan when we asked for it and then it was totally comfortable. Also the bed was a little uncomfortable sometimes. But don't et any of that deter you, I would go back tomorrow if i could!

Room Tip: Even the deluxe room is amazing so i really don't think you can go wrong here, the hotel is new...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RubyH264
Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Extremely happy stay here for 2 nights. Wonderful helpful staff at reception who could not do enough for you. The rooms are gorgeous (HUGE) and come with a fruit bowl, tea facilities and cute complimentary gift. The bathroom is again HUGE and we arrived to a beautiful bath full of rose petals and flowers. Everything is clean and well presented.

Breakfast was an incredible 3 courses (no buffet here!) and the food excellent. If you are around there is also afternoon tea from 3-5pm by the pool consisting of teas, coffee, local cakes and spring rolls. Yum!

The pool is great for a cool down and the spa on the top floor stunning. My boyfriend and I booked joint Balinese massages and had a wonderful relaxing time.

Over all this is an excellent priced hotel (book through booking.com for a better deal, as booking direct through the hotel can be twice the price) and a wonderful stay in perfect walking distance from everything in Ubud. I would definitely stay here again! Very happy customer!

Room Tip: We were given a room on the 2nd floor as booked last minute and the 3rd floor was full. I would not...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Where_Magic_Happens
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We returned for 3 nights, a year after our first visit to this stylish, conveniently located hotel on the Monkey Forest Road. It didn't disappoint. This time we stayed in the 4th floor villas and they were excellent, but the standard rooms are more than adequate and spacious too. The children barely left the room as they were continually in the jacuzzi, watching Apple TV, lounging on the deck chairs. We had wonderful spa treatments, dearer than any of the massage places on the street, but so professional it was worth it. The food was still fantastic, and the little afternoon teas and craft sessions got the kids out of the room. Our daughter loved weaving the offering baskets and carving a turtle. They do lovely things like provide night shirts and bedtime stories at turn down, mozzie sprays, little gifts, fruit baskets, cookies - the list goes on. We also visited the Bisma on the free shuttle to have a look around. It was also superb, only a street away, but overlooks a ravine and rice fields. It was probably better for the kids as the pool and grounds were larger, but you would need transport back to the main street, whereas you don't need it with Rasa Sayang. All staff were superb, they really know hospitality. And we were touched by the lovely gifts at the end of our stay as we were return guests. Thanks, it was a wonderful, luxury finish to a fantastic 2 week holiday in Bali.

Room Tip: Floors 1 & 2 get the traffic to the restaurant and lobby (but not much as it's not that big...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FATWEEDY
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The Komaneka brand has three properties in Ubud, and while everyone points to the Bisma as the flagship, I find it hard to find a hotel in Ubud, or in Asia for that matter, that has urban hospitality down to a science like these folks.

The rooms themselves are perhaps the most well-appointed guest rooms of any hotel I have ever been in. They are luxurious and modern yes, but what surprised me was the amenities packed into my room - so many that it rivals world-class hotels like Acqualina or Ritz Moscow. Small things make the differences great, for example -
- Rooms have both shower and bathtub, and both have a separate set of toiletries in each
- Going for a walk? the room has bugspray and an umbrella and a flashlight provided
- Hungry - room has cookies, fruit, and water
- Sleepy - they provide slippers so your feet don't touch the floor, and pj's
- Evening - TV is equipped with apple TV, tons of free movies and music
- Want some air - room has an outdoor terrace with a table and a couch
- Got shoes - grab a pair of flipflops waiting in the cubbyholes near the door

I could go on. Everything you can possibly think of is provided, complimentary, to make your stay easy and comfortable

The staff define gracious, go out of their way to know your name, and welcome you at every turn. I get this a lot at hotels given my status/frequency etc, but it always feels forced - here it is genuine, and even by Balinese standards, the people who work here love their guests and it shows. I had a change required to my reservation that they happy agreed to even though it was a policy change - they even tracked me down to offer a refund based on changes in the exchange rate. The location is excellent in central Ubud, but you are just off the street, set on a little creek behind, and the pools are similar in shape to the Ubud Hanging Gardens pools.

Given the prices, quality of amenities and service, this hotel is one of the best values and experiences I have had, I cannot more strongly recommend it. Book without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank carino10021
Reviewed 17 March 2013

What a wonderful team at Komaneka Rasa Sayang. I really enjoyed my stay there. I only checked out a couple of days ago and miss it already. I stayed in one of the villas 4101, which was lovely and luxurious. The staff were so attentive and always smiling and greeting you hello. Every time you returned to the hotel I was greeted with a huge smile and a 'Welcome home' greeting.

I also happened to be there during Nyepi which is the Balinese day of silence. Not to worry, the hotel had various activities to keep us occupied. The location is really central. You step out and you are in the Ubud centre. They also have daily activities at their other hotels that you can do. I booked the yoga and their driver took me to Komaneka Bisma for it and picked me up after it was done.

Afternoon is delightful too. Thank you to the team for looking after me, really loved it!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2013

From the minute we arrived to when we left we were treated like we were the only ones at the hotel even though there were others there. The staff are amazing and cannot do enough for you, little luxurys like taking you to restaurants and then picking you up, nothing was any trouble, breakfast , the rooms everything was wonderful. thank you to all staff and the wonderful hospitality you gave us. Mr Harry and adean

Room Tip: ground floor has its own private garden
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2013

After our stay at Komaneka Tanggayuda, my husband and I moved here to be closer with the Ubud center. Room was slightly smaller than the one in Tanggayuda but still wonderful. Super clean. Very cozy and it feels more modern. Maybe because they equipped it with a big flat screen and an Apple TV. Internet connection was good and fast. The room amenities was superb! Attention to detail. They even prepared shower puff and flip flop sandals :)
Staff, like usual was all wonderful. Big compliment to Mr. Budiarta (Resort manager) for all your excellent staff. And thank you for the complimentary massage. My husband and I love it so much. It was heaven! The spa staff were great also.
There was this guy with a glasses who worked in Reception and both in the restaurant (I'm so sorry I forgot his name), he was so helpful, very friendly and very welcoming. I just want to say thank you very much for accommodating us. Two thumbs up for you!
Breakfast was amazing as usual. Afternoon tea was very tasty and once again very helpful staff.
The hotel itself located in the heart of Ubud area. Not far from monkey forest and any kind of shops, restaurants, etc. If you need to, they will bring and pick you up anywhere nearby Ubud area.
I can't praise this hotel enough. Definitely we will come back!

Room Tip: I think every room are with the same view. But higher floor rooms are better.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple