“So relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Komaneka at Rasa Sayang

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
Ranked #21 of 193 Hotels in Ubud
Adelaide, Australia
“So relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I just stayed here for 4 nights, the only problem we had was arriving at 3.15pm to find our room not ready, we did go by the pool and have lunch and a drink, we were given a 30 min massage for the delay. Room was ready by 4pm when we got into the room it was very hot still and we felt the air on did not work very well, especially after coming from a hotel were it was so nice and cold. We complained and they sent someone straight away, then the manager came and showed us 3 other rooms but there were no better so we stayed in our room and they also gave us a fan, and know we had a 1 hr massage, after this initial hiccup our stay was perfect the room did a bit cooler and the fan was good, the room had everything you needed and ordering breakfast was great as I get very sick of smorgasbord breakfasting also great you can have this in your room, although we also enjoyed the restaurant. staff were fantastic and would do anything for you and the use of the driver was great, food was amazing the afternoon tea is a lovely touch and the spa was lovely up on the 3rd floor.
I would stay here again as the staff make the place it's just a shame rooms can't be a bit cooler.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Komaneka Rasa Sayang is the newest if all 4 Komanekas in Ubud and is always my first choice for accommodation. Staff are always friendly and service is always very personalised. They address all guests by their names!
This time round however, that idealistic environment seems to have declined a little, and I would know that because I stay at this hotel 2-3 times a year. There are many new faces and it's these new faces that haven't seem to caught on the Komaneka culture. Having said that, service is still better than many places in Ubud and I would definitely return.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank mcmeelo
Lyon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at the Komaneka a while back and I loved every minute of it! The rooms are gorgeous and spacious, but it was mainly the swimming pool and the stunning setting which took my breath away! The view from the spa on the top floor is definitely worth checking out too (have had better pedicures though). The hotel staff were really friendly and were always ready to help - every detail was taken into consideration! Such great service :) Also, the location of the hotel in Ubud is great - everything is within walking distance. One of those places I would return to without hesitation!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Bisma, then transferred to Rasa Sayang to be closer to town. Bisma was just stunning and the suites were very spacious with balconies overlooking the rice paddies. Rasa Sayang was a bit of a downgrade in terms of size and view (as in no view), but the upside is that you're right in the center of Ubud.

Service and breakfast were excellent at both resorts. We found a dog that got hit by a car just outside the resort and were worried about it our entire stay. The staff at Rasa Sayang were extremely helpful in repeatedly calling the local rescue organizations to try to come and help. We probably seemed obsessed with helping the dog, but not one person in the staff made us feel that way. I highly recommend Rasa Sayang if you're looking for a luxurious stay in central Ubud!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelnut75
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

A new hotel that is not only after six months still to be able to, it is very beautiful. I have two nights in three human woman in deluxe room of the third floor. Or because was not a day off season, not apparent Japanese guests during their stay, most people in Europe and the United States customers, I saw how many people it is Western women who are stay in one person. We are quite confused Monkey Forest street, but changes and Gara~tsu to relax space to calm and quiet if you enter the hotel. Stunning views has spread and go to restaurants and pool the best back further. The staff is always smiling, I applied to various care about plans during your stay, We respond to flexible transfers and tours, taxi arrangements, even such as sudden time change of the car, it was very helpful. I want to stay in Komaneka when I went to the next time Ubud! Were some staff that can speak Japanese to [other] front. · I go on a tour of free activities, Neka Museum is recommended. -Not a buffet, breakfast type that get brought to order. · I enjoy afternoon tea during the time of 3:30 to 5:30 in every day. · There are a lot of stylish restaurants within walking distance, is not troubled with the meal. Besides, it delicious! , Scenery is nice and also the hotel restaurant, it was good in space where you can relax. Also a pleasant night. Ali same family hotels in the immediate vicinity of the same street, if you go by taxi from the airport, the driver was wrong. · Sign of where you enter the hotel from the street is hard to understand, I have also passed three people on the way home in the city walk.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Komeneka for four nights and had a fantastic time.

The food, staff and facilities ticked every box and we would have no hesitation staying there again or recommending to our friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew D
Hobart
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in October for two nights following a three night stay in Seminyak. Our transfer saw us arrive before the check in time, so we left our bags and wandered first around Ubud.

The first thing that struck me is the location of the hotel. It's just off Monkey Forest Road which is incredibly busy but you'd never know it! There is a short narrow driveway to the hotel and then before you is an extraordinary looking reception. The staff are amazingly friendly and attentive and wear traditional dress.

When we returned a few hours later we were shown to our room (2308) on the same level as reception. I'd agree with other reviewers that if you are on the lower level it is dark due to the vegetation. The room itself is well appointed and large with all the mod cons you'd expect and some extras like Apple TV. The bathroom is large and has both a shower and large bath. The one annoyance about the bathroom is the inability to turn on just the toilet light, meaning you flood the whole room with light for just a quick trip to the loo.

Another small complaint for me was the bedding. I'm always cold when I sleep so not having a doona or blanket (sheets only provided) meant I feel cool both nights. We were also provided twin single beds even though we'd requested a double room. The turn down service that occurs is luxurious with free nightshirts for sleeping, slippers laid out and water by the beds and is quite a lovely surprise!

The other thing I found slightly annoying is that the rooms are not soundproof. So loud patrons next door could be heard very clearly. In particular the slamming of the front door which should have a soft close mechanism. All in all, these are minor issues.

The hotel breakfast is wonderful, as is the complimentary afternoon tea. On our second afternoon by the pool we were offered numerous cups of coffee and several serves of cake and delicious treats. The pool itself is a lovely infinity salt water pool at the back of the property. It doesn't get a lot of sun because of the vegetation, but that can be a blessing.

I think we'd both happily return here if given the chance in the future, although we might also seek out villa options instead of a traditional hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple