“Love the place!!!”
Review of Jangkrik Homestay

Jangkrik Homestay
Ranked #90 of 622 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Coming to Ubud means for me... coming to Jangkrik Homestay!. The rooms are clean and the beds are the best, and the fan is more than good,also in the night!. From Jangkrik Homestayi walk the street down and in 10 min. i am in the center off all the nice things!.
And the big surprise every morning when the breakfast is being served, one word only WAUW!!!!!
Made and Kadek have told us about the culture in Bali and where to go to undergo this the best!
So, i have a great time every year i go there, since 5 yaers now!

Room Tip: there are 7 rooms, all are very good!!!!!.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank AnsHendriks

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Nice rooms, good beds, nice family and really good breakfast and nearby the monkeyforrest. Lovely people to stay a few days with. Tip, go on yoga class at yogabarn 5min walk. Take the moening class at 7am that a really good thing to start the a new day

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank naomiko2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stay with friendly Balinese family. Lives with Balinese family.

Great location, 5 mis walk to supermarket, 8 mins walk to PERAMA Bus stn.

Yummy Balinese style breakfast, changes everyday.

I was there by myself and have a double bed room.

But the room is hotter than outside at night time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Marde and Kadek were very friendly hosts, and the room included breakfast which had a few options - we had fresh fruit salad and vegetable omelettes which were very good.
The whole family was actively involved in the local ceremonial life... they took us to a new moon ceremony at the temple in the Monkey Forest Sanctuary, and we saw them perform singing and dancing in the temple across the street as part of the traditional Kecak and Fire dances.
The only drawback of this place is their cranky old dog who likes to bark as you come in, a bit scary if you're not confident with dogs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I came to jangkrik homestay while I was sick with Typhoid, as soon as we got here the host was so nice and happy and made us feel really welcome! As soon as she found out I was sick and I told her I was going to go to a doctor she gave me coconut water and told me that she would make me any foods I needed, she then called the doctor for me and got 2 of her employees to take me an my boyfriend down separately on the back of their motorbikes to the doctors, the employees waited for us out the front of the doctors and drove us back! Everyday the staff asked if I was ok and of I needed anything at all! Breakfast was excellent everyday we were here and the host also organised the shuttle bus to take us to the airport :)
The rooms were so nice and the beds were really comfortable!
The position of the homestay is really good as well, it is just a short walk to everything but it's a very quiet and relaxing environment just off the main roads.
I would DEFINATLY stay here again!!!
Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We recommend this place.

It is nice and clean, it has hot water, the owners are very kind and helpful and the price is great (8 euro per person per night).
The breakfast is included and it is absolutely amazing.the friendly staff bring it to you when you want. they change the breakfast menu every day with a plate of fresh fruit and coffee or tea.
The homstay is in one of the main streets, so you can walk to the touristy places easily.the only problem is the roosters that sing in the early morning but that's the situation everywhere in ubud.
You really should go there!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The family is great. Two lovely daughters. The father really works the getting higher on Trip Advisor thing. There are cheaper places, but this one is centrally located in the coolest part of Ubud. Everything is within walking distance. Breakfast was great. We meet some great people. You have to walk in past some other local peoples place, but once you get there it is nice, and set up in an open style where it is easy to connect with and get to know other guests. If you like that kind of thing. If you rather have more privacy that is okay, but you might want to choose another place.

Room Tip: If you want more privacy ask for the upper floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple