“Cosy and a tip top location”
Review of Jangkrik Homestay

Jangkrik Homestay
Ranked #108 of 652 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I arrived here quite late after a delayed flight with their lovely driver, Dewa, and was simply shown to my room. It was really clean, comfortable and had everything a budget traveller would need (I.e. a nice big bed, toilet paper and a shower). I went out to find some dinner and within spitting distance is a large number of cafés and restaurants. It's also in the nicest shopping street in town. In the morning, breakfast (delicious! ) was served on the little table on the terrace outside my room, and the owner of the house came up for a chat. Although I was only there one night, I would have liked to have stayed longer. The one slightly negative thing I would say is that when I arrived, I was shown my room but wasn't really given any information about breakfast time, check out time etc etc. That may have been down to the late arrival time but it would have been nice to receive a bit of info. Otherwise, excellent little spot!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Megan S

Reviewed 16 December 2013

i spent almost two weeks in Jangkrik homestay and i didnt mean to but it was so comfy ,great poeple and amazing breakfast that i felt like at home and stayed longer! the price is very competitive anyway its the place to be if you spend few days in Ubud

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Coming to Ubud means for me... coming to Jangkrik Homestay!. The rooms are clean and the beds are the best, and the fan is more than good,also in the night!. From Jangkrik Homestayi walk the street down and in 10 min. i am in the center off all the nice things!.
And the big surprise every morning when the breakfast is being served, one word only WAUW!!!!!
Made and Kadek have told us about the culture in Bali and where to go to undergo this the best!
So, i have a great time every year i go there, since 5 yaers now!

Room Tip: there are 7 rooms, all are very good!!!!!.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank AnsHendriks
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Nice rooms, good beds, nice family and really good breakfast and nearby the monkeyforrest. Lovely people to stay a few days with. Tip, go on yoga class at yogabarn 5min walk. Take the moening class at 7am that a really good thing to start the a new day

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank naomiko2013
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Stay with friendly Balinese family. Lives with Balinese family.

Great location, 5 mis walk to supermarket, 8 mins walk to PERAMA Bus stn.

Yummy Balinese style breakfast, changes everyday.

I was there by myself and have a double bed room.

But the room is hotter than outside at night time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Marde and Kadek were very friendly hosts, and the room included breakfast which had a few options - we had fresh fruit salad and vegetable omelettes which were very good.
The whole family was actively involved in the local ceremonial life... they took us to a new moon ceremony at the temple in the Monkey Forest Sanctuary, and we saw them perform singing and dancing in the temple across the street as part of the traditional Kecak and Fire dances.
The only drawback of this place is their cranky old dog who likes to bark as you come in, a bit scary if you're not confident with dogs.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I came to jangkrik homestay while I was sick with Typhoid, as soon as we got here the host was so nice and happy and made us feel really welcome! As soon as she found out I was sick and I told her I was going to go to a doctor she gave me coconut water and told me that she would make me any foods I needed, she then called the doctor for me and got 2 of her employees to take me an my boyfriend down separately on the back of their motorbikes to the doctors, the employees waited for us out the front of the doctors and drove us back! Everyday the staff asked if I was ok and of I needed anything at all! Breakfast was excellent everyday we were here and the host also organised the shuttle bus to take us to the airport :)
The rooms were so nice and the beds were really comfortable!
The position of the homestay is really good as well, it is just a short walk to everything but it's a very quiet and relaxing environment just off the main roads.
I would DEFINATLY stay here again!!!
Thanks!