Review of Yeh Spa

Yeh Spa
Ranked #100 of 222 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: welcome to Yeh spa Ubud.our spiritual spiritual love healing as Bali shaman healing and Reiki session and Balitraditional treatments. more details please visit to our web site.
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I always try to visit many spas both at top-end hotels and in towns every time I go to Bali and I was very impressed with the level of service and atmosphere at Yeh Spa when I had a reflexology and pedicure package last month. So good that I had to book a cream bath session straight after my first visit and went back two weeks later. The rooms and facilities were simple but clean and the therapists were well-trained and friendly. The owner of Yeh Spa was also really charming and helpful and she greeted me personally every time I went there. She also explained to me clearly about the spa's new treatment range and prices and I thought it was really reasonable and fair. It is good to know where to go for a reliable and affordable treatment with short notice when you are in Bali for a long holiday and Yeh Spa has become my favourite independent spa in Ubud. I will be back definitely.

All reviews
"excellent massage"
in 6 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I went to Yeh Spa after being recommended to do so by the staff at our lovely hotel, the Royal Pita Maha in Ubud. Having received the recommendation, I had assumed that I was about to have a memorable spa experience... The staff seemed very nice. But, upon my arrival, I just got the feeling that the staff were a bit disorganised as if my visit was something of a surprise to them despite my hotel having phoned the day before to make the booking for me (and I was picked up by one of their drivers too so...I am not sure how it could have been a surprise visit!). I walked past a room where the person who turned out to be my masseuse appeared to be still in her pyjamas, and seemed to be mouthing off at the girl who seemed to be the manager or person in charge anyway. Maybe she wanted some more sleep??! :) Anyway, to begin with, I needed to use the bathroom, and was taken to a room at the back of the facility which I can only describe as being akin to a toilet I once had the displeasure of using on an overnight train in Vietnam. It stank!! There was also no toilet paper provided...anyway, I digress - back to the Spa treatment. I was then taken to a room which was bright, hot and not welcoming at all. I had to ask the masseuse to please turn the fan on because it was hot. I had asked for one of their signature massages, can't remember which one now, but, it was the worst massage I have ever received in my life. It was so bad, that half way through, I simply had to put a stop to it (I paid for the 30 minutes but really I don't think I should have paid anything). I am not sure if the masseuse was inexperienced or what but she had very little idea about how to give a proper massage. The other thing is that the prices (although cheap in comparison to what you would pay in Australia) are quite high for the overall experience. I think that a 60 minute massage was 210,000 Rupiah or about $21 US dollars, and although that is not much at all, compared to other places in Ubud, it seemed quite high to me. So, I was expecting much nicer facilities, and a much better experience overall. I left thinking that the staff at our hotel must have recommended it because they know the person who owns/runs it or something which is really disappointing. I had originally thought to visit the Botanical Spa in Ubud (having read a good review about it in Lonely Planet) and was convinced to go to Yeh Spa. Sometimes, its better to trust the literature over the recommendations of hotel staff who clearly have a vested interest in their recommendations.
So, overall, I highly recommend that you DON'T visit Yeh Spa if you want to have a beautiful and relaxing experience.

2  Thank Clairni
Reviewed 25 September 2012

1) Spa facilities need to be improved.
2) WIFI is provided during waiting.
3) Body treatment questionnaire has to be provided during pre-massage
4) Home transfer is good
5) Provide warm water than hot water.
6) It is too bright during massage
7) Provide safety box.
8) Should switch odd the fan during massage
9) Male massuer is well trained.

seamint, マネージャー at Yeh Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for your visited to yeh spa.We are very happy to your comments spa.We wish your welcome back spa and Bali again.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I had heard about this spa for a while and decided to try it. Upon entering the spa, I was welcomed by warm and friendly staff. The staff are well-trained and I had an excellent massage. You just need to specify what type of massage you prefer; firm or softer, and the masseuse will tailor it for you. I met the owner while I was there and he is very intent on pleasing the customers and eager for feedback. I will definitely try Yeh Spa again.

1  Thank KetutZZ2015
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 April 2012

As I'm a massage-lover, Southeast Asia is a paradise. That's why I frequently visit Bali and Thailand. Experiencing Yeh Spa was not expected, I went there due to one of my Japanese friends recommended. The services were quite impressive. The massagers seemed well-trained, both their techniques and attitudes were excellent. Fortunately I had a chance to meet and talk to the owner, we chatted for almost half an hour. The owner seems really taking care of her customers, it was so sweet. Overall, this is the one of my favorite spas in Bali. Definitely will visit again!