“Wonderful staffs!”

Ranked #213 of 542 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderful staffs!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights. Wonderful host and staffs! However, it's really not easy to find this place especially at night. Our driver drove around abit before finding it. Just remember it's very near sankara (a popular resort in Ubud)

Gusde and staff were waiting at the door for us when we arrive. The villa we stayed in was actually a 2-bedroom villa but since only 2 of us are staying, he locked the 2nd floor bedroom. The room was quite cosy and comfortable. But the air-con was a little noisy and it gets a little hot sometimes since it's behind the wall of our bed. The bathroom was quite big and clean but it's a little inconvenient when the sink is not in the bathroom. The pool is quite dirty with some dead mosquitoes so i don't really enjoy the pool alot. Just remember to be prepared with repellents! Overall, the room is good if you are not too particular with the details.

Service matters more to us and we were really happy with their service! Especially the manager, Wayan! A very nice guy with his trademark words, "Yes, please". Even tho the villa is really not very well located, we get shuttle service everyday. And Gusde owns a restaurant in the city centre, Bali Pesto cafe. It's quite nice, try the duck there!

All in all, we enjoyed our stay here! :D

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shiping

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 18 May 2014

No doubt the location is slightly far from town (est 5min drive), Gusde Villa provides free shuttle to & fro town (Bali Pesto Restaurant, which is also owned by the boss, Wayan).

We love the 2 bedroom private pool villa. Electric mosquito repellent & the decorative mosquito net it's not helping. We've lucky that we came prepared with all the relevant repellents. You name it we got it! Read through the reviews from others & realised that we're not offered for any in-room breakfast neither we're told that we're able to place order from the restaurant & serve in villa.

During one of our night stay, there was a electrical black out in the villa. We then realised its not only us but the whole village around our area. Staff did not come up to us to check if we require anything i.e. torch, etc. We had to call & request for it, guess they were all busy rectifying the problem. Electricity was back in less than an hour, all was good.

Nonetheless, we had a good laughing over it, as the black out happened only after we've done soaking in the pool, bathe, etc and chit chatting on the bed. How lucky are we!!!

Staff are hospitable but could have done better.

Room Tip: If you're afraid of sleeping alone in a extremely quiet room, there're only 3 of you travell...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChrissyChong
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We booked this place because everything listed looked great.. but what you actually get is something different.
The place is very hard to find and we drove around in circles to finally make it here.. We were greeted by a young boy who seemed very nice but could't speak any english, they didn't seem ready for us.
After dragging my bag down to the bottom villa ( the young boy carried my wife's bag )
we were given the keys and thats it.. then he run off to get our welcome drinks.

As soon as we got to our villa i was put off by the noise.. the pump for the pool is un believably loud.. you can hear it in bed at night, trying to relax by the pool is impossible, Its very very loud.

Theres building work going on all around us too .. power tools going all day, i did ask the manager if it would stop and to be fair to him he run over and stopped people working which i felt bad about but i've come here to relax away from the hustle and bustle of the main town. The next day though its back to normal.. building all around us.

Theres no choice for breakfast you just get given it.. it was actually ok but you can get much better quality in town, they offered to bring the breakfast to our room and we agreed 9am.. at 9:30 we got fed up of waiting and went out to the front.

This isn't the most expensive place to stay but you can get better for what it is.. we are moving on wednesday to another resort.

The place is clean and the beds are comfortable, Pool is nice and the staff are friendly but i just can't stand the noise.

Room Tip: Don't get one with the loudest pool pump in the world
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Gusde House is such perfect place if you want to get the real spirit of Bali.. Perhaps a little far from the city center which has in fact any interest except for vegan coffee shops the house is in the middle of amazing fiels just next to a small village Mas The team is taking care of you with great breakfast and all tips for visiting the area The place is extremely clean nice and new . Staying there you will find the spirituality of Bali. To feel better hire a bike then you will be able to move everywhere they offer too free transport to the city. To be a little far from city center is a must if you want to experience Bali the Nature the Quiet ...
I will never forget this trip at Gusde House with Gusde Wayan and all the team ... Thank you

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I'm staying at Gusde right now and wanted to write the review while fresh on my mind. I arrived during the night and was picked up by Wayan. He was very nice and spoke good English. Unfortunately when I arrived at the villa with the private pool, the room was not clean. It was obvious to me that the cleaning was not done thoroughly and they were not prepared for me. There were ants, bug wings all over the floor and on the bed including hair! The kitchen floors and the bathroom were not clean and there was dust on the table. I was not pleased - they cleaned and changed the sheets. I was given the option of moving into a room however, I declined the offer because I paid for a whole villa. Since the first night, the staff has been cleaning the room but I still find the cleaning to be unsatisfactory. There were no hangers to hang my clothes so I had to hang them on the chair on lay them on the bed. There were no soap or shampoo provided - these days most basic hotels offer these. However, the bed is comfortable.

The villa is private although there is no view of padi fields! The staff would just walk into the compound with no prior notice which made me uncomfortable. This is after I've locked and latched the front door of the villa compound. It did not give me the sense of privacy I was looking for. The breakfast was mediocre. They served me hard, cold toast and cold omelette which was prepared 2 hours prior to serving. I requested for my breakfast to be fresh, not sitting cold in the kitchen for 2 hours. It was nice to have breakfast served at the villa. Even though breakfast is from 7 or 8 to 11, I felt I did not have any choice as to when breakfast would be served as the staff would just show at a time convenient to them rather than when I was ready for breakfast.

I did not have the pleasure of meeting Gusde and his family since my villa away from main building which was not what I expected. When I booked I was expecting the villa that was shown on the website. There were no cd/dvd player, electronic safe, hairdryer, tea or coffee maker, sofa in the room as advertised on their website. There was nothing exotic about the drink I received upon arrival nor did I get any cold towel upon arrival. I didn't see any Balinese flower arrangement nor did I get the complimentary afternoon tea for one of the days I stayed in. Not sure about the daily tropical fresh fruit selection - I guess it came with breakfast. Never received the complimentary cooking class - no one mentioned to me.

On the whole while the place is private and quiet, I would not stay here again. I felt I wasn't welcomed the first night even though Wayan apologized for the oversight. I felt I did not enjoy all the benefits of the whole villa package that was promised. The distance from Ubud was inconvenient particularly since there was no padi fieldd view to enjoy from my villa. I would stay in town next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Oakland, California, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The Gusdes and their staff are the kindest people and vey considerate of their guests. We stayed in their guest house, which is split into two levels with separate entrances. Each is its own studio. There is a small private pool right outside the door! The guest house is clean, quiet and serene. Their traditional Indonesian breakfast is delicious and very filling. They will help take you to Ubud and tell you about all the different places you can see.

Room Tip: Second floor of the guest house has stairs going up to it.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly Y
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We had an amazing stay at Gusde House where we stayed at the villa with private pool, with paddy fields view. Gusde and his family's warmth welcome and helpful services gave us a memorable stay in Ubud.

Pros:
- Very quiet and private.
- Clean room, hot shower, comfortable beds and amazing pool!
- Free shuttle service to Ubud town, specifically to their restaurant. Last pickup is 10 PM.
- There's a pantry next to the pool that was well-equipped. Aside from the water filter, we could also boil hot water.
- Breakfast is sent to your doorstep daily.
- Attentive, polite and friendly staff :)

Cons:
- Complimentary breakfast was limited to American, Continental & Indonesian breakfast. I found them too oily for my liking.
- The AC wasn't working very well .. it was very warm during the day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank s0311