“Great place to stay”

Pondok Pundi Village Inn & Spa
Ranked #79 of 604 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms, nice pool, spa & restaurant all at very reasonable price. Bit of a walk from the busy side, which makes it nice & quiet. The next time I go back to Bali i would definately go back to Ubud & stay here

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank NSLT
There are newer reviews for Pondok Pundi Village Inn & Spa

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I travel the world like crazy, I did nearly 100 countries and all the continents and most of tourist places in the world. But when we entered the internal hotel facilities I was hit. I had never slept in a such a nice place in my life.
You reach your rooms passing a real ancient looking shrine. They have a pool facing a jungle. We wanted a room with additional bed for my daughter , but we were given two extremelly large romms apartment. Altogether 4 times bigger then 5 star Westin we slept later during this trip. Plus a few meters from a monkey forest. Minor thing , Pondok Pundi is in a village/town centre so sometimes you may hear chickens in the morning

Room Tip: All of them are perfect, but those on a top level are bigger
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, but could have easily stayed for many more. Beautiful accommodation, amazing service, very friendly vibe. Upon arrival we were greeted with a complimentary drink, told we had a free massage each to book when it suited us, and because of a booking mix up, were upgraded to the deluxe suite. A bedroom, bathroom and lounge area. The villas themselves were beautiful, and very traditionally Balinese from the outside, with modern more Westernized fittings on the inside. Would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool, preferably on one of the upper floors. The sunset from the bedr...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Set back from the busy Monkey Forest road, this place is very quiet and very relaxing. All staff were friendly and Ayu especially was extremely helpful. We stayed for 7 nights and had no complaints. The Spa is also very good.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael h
Reviewed 22 December 2012

My husband and I have been traveling the world for 2 years and needed a place to rest and relax. Having visited Bali numerous times, Ubud was the perfect choice to go and Pondok Pundi felt like the perfect place to call "home" for a month. It is smack in the middle of town, yet a world of quiet and peace. You enter through a long walkway, through the house temple gates until you are far away from the hustle and noise of the street. Excellent breakfast is included and they were kind enough to serve us in our rooms. Wifi connection is very good. The manager was very professional and always attentive to our needs. If I had one complaint it was a bit uncomfortable to have the room staff's area where they keep supplies and hang out smacked up against our room! We stayed in room 202-and I do think this is the only room that is affected in this way. Otherwise, it was a perfect place to stayed.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank donnakay99
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Amazing hotel , amazing staff great pool, good value for money . Been to many hotels and this is one of the best . Breakfast good . Massage and spa nice and rooms very clean . The beds are great . Only downside is the strength of the Internet by the pool otherwise heaven on earth

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I stayed here for four nights in December 2012 at the recommendation of a friend. I need to buy her a big drink to say 'thank you' as this place is heavenly. There IS a reception desk and staff were waiting to welcome me when I arrived. Nothing has been too much trouble: easy, gentle service delivered with a smile. Perfect. I made two separate bookings to extend my stay which resulted in two different style rooms; both were immaculately clean, tastefully furnished and with very comfortable beds. The second one was next to the pool with a verandah, perfect for an early morning swim or a nap in the afternoon. Breakfast is included and had been delicious every day. The staff are fantastic; I hurt my ankle trekking Mount Batur and they have really looked after me.
This has proved the perfect spot from which to explore Ubud and the surrounding area. I am reluctant to leave, it's been bliss!
Would recommend this hotel to anyone...ten minutes walk to Monkey Forest down the hill, about the same to the market and Water Temple on the other side.

• Stayed: December 2012