“Tranquility in the rice terraces”
Review of Villa Sancita

Villa Sancita
Ranked #180 of 538 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Manila, Philippines
“Tranquility in the rice terraces”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Let me start by saying that this is the first time I have ever wrote a review on trip adivisor. Our experience at Villa Sancita was just so good that I feel compelled to. Our family of 6 thoroughly enjoyed our time there. There are a lot of villas in Ubud, but this villa was the perfect combination of the comfort of staying in a home with the services of a staff. Santi arranged all our transfers and activities flawlessly and the staff cooked wonderful breakfasts and desserts to our specification. The house is beautiful with very unique architecture so that you feel like you are living right in the rice terraces. It is a short drive to Ubud, but easy enough to arrange for transport. Hubby and I especially enjoyed our morning runs through the local villages. My only caveat would be that this might not be the right house for you if you are travelling with very young children as the stairs and pool are quite open which might be dangerous. There were also a few critters at night as you would expect with such an open air design. Overall, a fabulous place that I would love to return to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Anne T, Owner at Villa Sancita, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Wow! I'm delighted that your experience at Villa Sancita inspired you to write such a great review. We want all our guests to have such a fabulous time. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and with other travelers. We hope to have your family visit us again!

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We spent two nights at the Villa Sancita and had a magnificent time. Beautiful building, unbelievable surroundings, great staff, good food and wonderful driver. Ubud is less memorable; the trick is to get away from the crowds, traffic, haphazard overdevelopment and noise. This is what the Sancita offers - a retreat from all that, as well as a great staging point for visits to upcountry temples and scenery.

We will be back!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Anne T, Owner at Villa Sancita, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
We are delighted that your stay with us was such a peaceful retreat for you. Thank you for the wonderful positive feedback on the house, the staff, the food, the surroundings -- the entire Villa Sancita experience! We look forward to having you back with us again.
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I have stayed in the house a couple of times and it´s always a great experience!
You feel like you are in a oasis overlooking the ricefields and the pool. The standard of the house is great, always clean and great service! The staff really takes care of you and makes you feel like you are in a five star hotel! And this is also one of the reasons why I i´m always is a recurring guest, I can honestly say that the the staff gives one of the best experience in service that I´ve ever experienced and cooks great food! If you stay in the house you have to let them cook for you!

I can highly recommend Villa Sancita for everybody who visit Ubud!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Niclas C
Anne T, Owner at Villa Sancita, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank You for your great comment and for your great recommendation.
We are highly appreciate for your time to write and sharing your special memories during stayed at villa Sancita. We look forward to have you stay with us again.
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Have been staying in this Villa for Three times and I must say that during my 6 visits with several Villas and Hotels this is the best Villa I have stayes at. The style of the Villa is in a luxuary, contemporary style and the views are really balinese style with rice fields, palms and a very green surrounding. Clean and fresh and going to the centre of ubud with a bike is made in less than 5 minutes, otherwise they can Cook for you at the Villa and that food is really tasty.

The staff is suberb, Everything is possible to solve and the Villa manager called Santi is an amazing woman who really makes you feel welcomed and really cares that you have a great time during your stay.

If you can get a booking at this popular Villa, just do it :)

Stefan (Stockholm)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stefan E
Anne T, Owner at Villa Sancita, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
Thank you for giving us such a great recommendation! A repeat guest coming to stay more than one time is the best compliment we can have. We appreciate all your positive comments about the house and our wonderful staff, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Villa Sancita surpassed the lovely photos on line. This was quite a beautiful oasis overlooking rice paddies with a picturesque "backyard". The house itself is spacious with an open design looking out at the pool and a postcard view. It's hard to believe I was somewhere so peaceful and pretty just days ago.

The villa is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of inner Ubud city happenings, but just a short ride by moped or car into town for fun shopping and yummy restaurants. I can't imagine having stayed anyway else, although we did venture one night's stay to the north along the black sand beach coast. The place where we stayed in Lovina cannot even be compared to Villa Sancita.

The staff of Villa Sancita are very gracious, attentive wearing smiling faces throughout our stay. We were welcomed with a fresh fruit drink of our choice while lovely flower petal arrangements decorated each bathroom. Santi is an excellent cook with the urab (savory salad dinner dish) and the Balinese crepes -- oh my! I'd almost come back to Villa Sancita alone simply for Santi's cooking!

The bed was soooooooo comfortable -- it I could have packed it in my suitcase I would have. I miss that cloud-like bed already. If I returned to Bali again, I wouldn't stay anywhere else but Villa Sancita. Seriously. The bathtub in the master bath is the most comfortable tub I have ever been in my entire life -- I'm a bath person so I should know!

I cannot say enough good things about Villa Sancita. I'm glad I had the opportunity of a lifetime to stay here with my husband.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TXTravelphile
Anne T, Owner at Villa Sancita, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you for such an excellent review! We aim for every guest to feel as you do, that the Villa is an oasis of beauty and peace. Thank you for taking the time to add your review and for sharing your special memories of your holiday with us.
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Not enough can be said about this property due to the excellence of the manager Santi and her staff, in particular Wayan, among a host of others. The beauty of the surroundings aside; it is the beauty of these people, their attention to details, superb cooking and domestic services combined with an abundance of tourist information and programs to make this a one of a kind Balinese experience.

Room Tip: There is just one master, two average double occupancy rooms, and one single.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Anne T, Owner at Villa Sancita, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you so much for such a great review! We are delighted you had such an enjoyable time at Villa Sancita. As the owner, I absolutely agree that Santi and the rest of the staff represent the best of Bali. They make every stay at Villa Sancita truly special. Thanks for taking the time to review us.
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We arrived very late at night and were warmly greeted by Santi and staff with fresh fruit juice and a tour of the villa. It is gorgeous, but yet comfortable and inviting. The next morning we awoke to a magnificent view of lush foliage, palm trees, rice paddies and lovely pool. We unpacked and felt completely at home.

We enjoyed most of the next 3 1/2 days in and around the pool, playing cards on the deck and even watching a movie with popcorn. We did some site-seeing around the beautiful area of Ubud, but ate all of our meals except one at the villa. This gave our family time together and enabled us to totally relax. Plus, the food was delicious and beautifully presented!

Santi and the entire staff were friendly, helpful, informative and wonderful with our 2 boys. Thank you, Santi, for the cooking lesson and to Wayan and Butu for the boys' language lessons! And thank you, Wayan, for driving us around Bali and sharing so much with us about the island and its culture. We were sad to leave but hope to come back one day!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Anne T, Owner at Villa Sancita, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you so much for the enthusiastic review! It was great to have your family with us and we are glad you had a chance to relax together. We enjoyed having you all and hope you do come back one day!