“Nice Balinese style hotel ”

Munari Resort & Spa
Ranked #131 of 555 Ubud B&B and Inns
Cairns, Australia
“Nice Balinese style hotel ”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice overall experience. When we arrived we were greeted with a few staff full of smiles. When we got to our room we noticed the hot water wasn't working,my partner mentioned it to reception and they said it should be working soon, maybe about an hour later it wasn't yet, so they staff happily moved us to another room. However that room was clean and tidy but didn't have a big bathroom which is what we originally requested. So we then asked to see if we could get a room with a bigger bathroom, the staff were helpful and took us upstairs. It was a big room with a big bathroom, most of all a very nice balcony(private with sink and lounge to lay on) so we were very happy with the outstanding result we got. The restaurant was decent and clean with friendly staff.
The last couple of nights staying in our room we heard "rodents/small animals scattering inside the ceiling. It was probably the only thing that was a bit disappointing. I didn't bother to mention it to the staff because I didn't want to sound like a pain as we already had a few problems to start with. So Munari, if you are reading this now this is probably something that should be investigated, as it may/could be a health &saftey issue in the future. Other than that, thank you so much for having us, the foot massage on our last day was also BAGUS. Thank you :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Myajayne
Peter N, Director of PSB Hospitality at Munari Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
We are very happy and that you enjoyed your stay in our Resort even there are a situation make you uncomfortable.
We are very sorry for the hot water wasn’t working and finally our staff could solved the problem by moved you and partner to another room and happy to hear that you happy with the outstanding result.
Actually, we always check all our room before guest check in and we have scheduled pest control treatment.
We will inform our staff and give more attention for this matter.. Hope this will increase our service to our valued guests.
We really happy to have you to stay at Munari Resort and Spa and excited when you said BAGUS for our foot massage.
Once again thank you very much indeed for your review, really appreciate of your comment and look forward to welcoming you back to Munari Resort and Spa – Ubud soon to experience more.

Peter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Indonesian first
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We just finished a 3 night stay with Munari. The staff bent over backwards for us. We were the only ones there the first two nights since it was right after Nyepi Day and travelers were elsewhere in Indonesia. The facilities were much better than we expected and for the price, nothing can beat it. The beds were soft and we even had a deck and kitchen where we had our tea and coffee with views of nearby rice terraces. The infinity pool was just icing on the cake.

Room Tip: I recommend spending a little more on the superior rooms or even more. The Deluxe room was just fine...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan R
Peter N, Director of PSB Hospitality at Munari Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Ryan R

Thank you very much for your staying with us and reviewing your experience at Munari Resort and Spa – Ubud. We are very happy and excited that you enjoyed your stay in our Resort.

It was an honor and our responsibility to give you the best when you stay at Munari Resort and Spa and thank you for loving the beds that we have provided. We hope your stays feel like home.

Once again thank you very much indeed for your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Munari Resort and Spa – Ubud soon to experience more.

Tembagapura
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed here three nights with my children and we enjoyed our stay here very much.
The staff was very friendly and helpful, the driver they recommended was a gem!
The pool is not large, nothing special, but great for a cooldown.
We had one of the upstairs rooms with a terrace balcony. Nice view on rice padi next door, enough cool breeze to relax for a long time.
The restaurant offered good Indonesian favourites at reasonable prices.

We'll definitely try to book again our next trip to Ubud!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Peter N, Director of PSB Hospitality - Bali at Munari Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear DirkSmama,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience at Munari Resort and Spa – Ubud on TripAdvisor.
We are really happy to hear that you had a lovely stay, enjoyed the service delivered by our staff and driver.
Thank you that you enjoyed the room and nice rice paddy views to relax your stay.

To completed your stay we have a restaurant too and excited to read that you relished our food and drink that we offered.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I spent 4 days and 3 nights at Munari. The highlights for me were the serenity of the area: very quiet, beautiful natural sounds at night (rather than motos), and great service. My days started and ended with a dip in the pool- one of my faves. I had breakfast at the restaurant which was very good, 4 options if I recall correctly. They also had a great dinner menu. I ate outside every time and had no issues with mosquitos which I was concerned about. Make sure you keep the bathroom door closed bc critters will come in thru the open air windows. As a result I didn't have issues with bugs in my room. The only couple areas of opportunity:

- sound travels between rooms, it felt like the people in the room beside me were in my room all the time. I could hear them word for word and when they watched tv it was like my tv was on in my room

- wifi was spotty in the room. I kept getting a message that my session was up or something which I think meant another room was using my wifi login thereby not allowing me to login. Wifi worked best at the restaurant and in the main lobby which was fine but I didn't always want to go out there to use it...

- it's not incredibly close to Ubud centre, but that's not necessarily bad. I walked there in about 25 mins, and I'm a fast walker. The roadside there is erratic at points so don't wear flip flops as I saw a few people get stuck and take tumbles in the sink holes and gravel areas

Overall it was a great stay, the people were very nice and not one need went untended to. I enjoyed a massage at the spa as well. If you're looking for some quiet time to relax and enjoy the surroundings this place is for you. If you have kids, stay away bc they'll be bored and it would ruin the quiet for the other guests anyway. I'd come back here for sure.

Note: check out the naughty Nuri restaurant a couple a metres down the road. Great BBQ :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike D
Peter N, Director of PSB Hospitality at Munari Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear “Mike D”,

A sincere thank you for sharing your detailed review while staying at Munari Resort and Spa - Ubud. We are pleased to know that you loved and feel comfortable staying for 4 days and 3 nights with us. Thank you for loving the pool, beautiful natural sounds at night, our staffs services, breakfast, dinner menu, and spa services offered. For additional information, now we have a new facility free scheduled shuttle car service to Ubud center for all our valued guests, so the guests won’t have problem with walking distance to Ubud center. The team and I shall do our utmost to further improve our services and amenities offered, wished however that we would have been given the opportunity to address other concerns stated in your review immediately. Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming for your next stay at Munari Resort and Spa Ubud very soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

"Munari means half moon; a time that can bring about about magical and romantic feelings."
A description found on Munari's website and leaflet perfectly described this resort ambience.

My friend and I stayed for 4D 3N here. The most unforgettable memory about Munari is the relaxing sensation this resort provided for us since the day we arrived until the day we checked-out.

Upon arrival, there are two mini-glasses of welcome drink (which were delicious and refreshing) and foot massage (unfortunately, we missed this one). I was enchanted by the cleanliness and the fresh smell inside the spacious room. The smell was a combination of fresh linen sheets and afternoon breeze from padi field. We stayed at room number 4 (standard room) :) For us, this room is really really lovely. Just when we open our door, there is a tranquil, breezy balcony with a pool view, mini-padi field view, equipped with a comfortable bench, cushion and pillows. I could take a nap and wrote things in my journal for hours here. Also, they provided 2 kimono robes and matching slippers to be used upon your stay.

The same day, we ordered food from Munari restaurant: soto ayam and nasi uduk. Taste good. But we, like most of Indonesian - are crazy about rice. We live for mountains of rice! lol. What I am trying to say is, perhaps Munari Resort & Spa could provide an 'upsize' option written in selected menus. So any rice-eater like us could upsize their meal - larger than 1 portion but smaller than 2 portions :)

They pay attention to small details by providing all amenities needed from shower cap, shampoo and conditioner to needle plus several shades of threads. Note: I love the exotic smell of their shampoo and conditioner. They also provide two 'solution cards' as a way to communicate easier with room keepers (e.g.: put a certain card on bed sheets means you request the sheet to be replaced with fresh ones, although they change the sheet every 3 days).

The staffs? Incredible. Without any exaggeration, I've never experienced a pure service with heart like this in all staff layers. Our room keepers are incredible, trainees on Munari restaurant were great as well, chefs are amazing, security guys were great, etc. And sincerely asked how was my day with their free bike rental (asked by Ms. Widi, I forgot how to spell her name). Moreover, we sat for like half hours just asking about interesting places in Bali from Trunyan, Lovina until Nusa Lembongan. Mr. Ketut - the front desk man - was really generous on answering our inquiries without getting bored (we often found almost eye-rolling action from various staffs in various situation, so his generous patience and information were really an awe-inspiring action).

Wow, with this next paragraph I am definitely making an essay about Munari.

Anyway, Munari is really a place called home in Ubud. A little suggestion or perhaps question: Do you clean your pool often? Because I swam everyday and seeing the same sediment. But nevermind, we still enjoyed the inviting aqua pool. Will definitely come back. Keep up the great work PSB Hospitality! I am looking forward to hear other hotels and resorts managed by you :)

Warm regards,
Emilia

Room Tip: I personally love rooms on second floor since they are more quite and enable wider view on beautiful...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Peter N, Director of PSB Hospitality at Munari Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Emilia,
It was a honor to us for your comments at TripAdvisor.
On behalf of Munari Resort & Spa – Ubud we thank you very much for your kind words further to your recent stay with us.
Thank you for sharing comments with us and really help us to increase our service in the next future.
It is our responsibility to make you comfortable during your stay at Munari Resort and Spa.
We will share your comments to all team, so we can do our service better then before.
Once again, thank you very much indeed for your great comments , support and we are looking forward to welcoming your back in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great experience at Munari, the staff were attentive and genuinely interested in how our trip was going every day. Room was lovely and very relaxing. We stayed as a family but I would definitely go back as a couple or solo traveller as well given the opportunity as the balconies for each room were lovely and secluded each with a nice outlook. Some people have mentioned the pool was a bit cold, but given that it wasn't a heated pool (which is standard on hotels of this size and star rating) we thought it was lovely and refreshing!
Spa treatments at Munari were also fantastic, only issue I can see is, you can hear everything from the pool which can be a bit distracting!

Room Tip: 2 bed apartment is over 2 floors, young children would need to share with parents on ground floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Peter N, Director of PSB Hospitality at Munari Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear “Jill C”,

A sincere thank you for sharing your review while staying recently at Munari Resort and Spa Ubud. It was a big pleasure to know that you and your family really enjoyed your long holiday here. Thank you for loving the 2 Bedroom Suite, nice view, lovely and refreshing pool, the spa treatments and the attentive staffs. As you mentioned before, the Superior and Deluxe room on 2nd floor also have the great view and relaxing balcony just to relax or sitting around and enjoy the freshness of Ubud air. In addition, we do appreciate your constructive feedback as it helps us to consistently improve our services to our guests.

Once again, we thank you for staying with us and we all looking forward to welcoming you back at Munari Resort and Spa Ubud very soon.
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We booked Munari resort and spa through Agoda, and really satisfied with this choice. Munari wellcomed us with a large room front of a blue pool and fresh environment. Staffs were friendly, they showed us how to go to Nuris that is the famous restaurant here. If we have a chance to come back to Bali, we will choose Munari to stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear “Trang T”,

We all really thank you for staying with us at Munari Resort and Spa Ubud, also for sharing this great review. It is really rewarding for us to read that our welcome first impression, the pool and our service offered has made our Resort an unforgettable holiday for you.

We all and the entire team look forward to welcoming you back to Munari Resort and Spa Ubud very soon to experience more about Bali.