“Disappointment ”

Royal Kirana Spa & Wellness
Ranked #24 of 230 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

When it first started operation about a decade ago, The Royal Kirana was fantastic then with impeccable service and a view to die for. Fast forward a decade later, I came back expecting the same wonderful experience I once had and to say I was disappointed was an understatement. The spa is still beautiful although it didn't look as well kept as it was before. In fact, I wonder if there has been a change in management as the spa looks a bit "defunct" as if nobody was running it properly. The sun decks by the pool were still all covered in tarp as if they weren't open for business and the gift shop was no longer in operation.

The massage and facial were satisfactory although they weren't out of the world good. They were good but I can get similar standard of treatment elsewhere. Also, the products they use in the shower room weren't the same premium Shiseido spa range they used to provide anymore and the current ones feel like poorer and cheaper alternatives.

After the treatment, I ordered lunch at exorbitant prices and they came terribly late and we waited for almost 45 minutes for the lunch which was below par and tasted more like plane food. We were the only people around sitting by the pool and it was dead quiet in a bad way. It didn't even feel like the pool water was circulating. It was a far cry from how it used to be before and I was sorely disappointed that they are still charging the same premium price. If it is just a regular day spa at a regular price, I would be okay with it but at a premium rate, The Royal Kirana now feels like a rip off.

If you are planning to pay premium for a top notch spa experience, you're better off taking your money elsewhere like say the Bvlgari Spa at Uluwatu or the likes. The Royal Kirana just doesn't cut it anymore as one of the top spas in Asia unfortunately. It is really quite a shame and I'm not coming back.

5  Thank leeyeelin
"statues"
"appointment"
"indonesia"

Reviewed 25 November 2013

it is a spa in a Jungle of Ubud.. very beautiful and lush garden . a lot of aqueducts and beautiful terracottas artwork. very nice BALI DECO TOUCH.. it is a balinese fairy tale experience. perfect ambience, peace and relaxing. more than a spa.. it is a NAtURAL REJUVINATION

1  Thank Krishna_photographer
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I want you to imagine a fantasy land where every wall, ceiling, floor is made of living things. A world of carved stone, wood and thousands of candles. Imagine you are Alice, and you've just tumbled through the rabbit hole and Wonderland is now in Tropical Asia. You are now at Kirana Spa. This is open plan living at it's most spectacular.
Kirana Spa is all about the property. I can honestly say there are better quality treatments on the island. But when ever I have friends come stay with me in Bali, just for sheer WOW factor I take them to Kirana Spa. Get the best value by booking a 1hr treatment only. Make it a massage of some sort. Book the last appointment of the day so that you can witness the thousands of candles lit through the property as you leave at night. Allow another 2-3hrs after your massage to lounge by the pool and make use of the Haman and Sauna. A truly mind blowing, jaw dropping sensory feast. Enjoy

2  Thank FlygirlSydney
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The most beautiful enviornment I have ever been in. I have been to many places in the world and this is the best. Very professional and welcoming staff. Excellent massage. Make a reservation.
Tell Surani I sent you! She is the manager and a wonderful person.

3  Thank Sita345
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This day spa is a hidden gem . You do not often get I go behind the gates of other resorts . If you are not staying at Royal Pita Maha then here's your chance . The whole place is spectacular . Gardens going to the spa are worth the trip . When you get to day spa deep in the resort a new little world opens up . We chose a facial my friend and I as we like that they use Shiseido products.
The beds look out over an infinity pool to the mountains . The facial was divine . The girls have the most beautiful technique . $ 95 for full facial and arm massage may sound alot by some Bali prices but would only suggest use best on face can get cheaper elsewhere no doubt but good facials so worth doing .

3  Thank Flicky K