“Amazing everything thank you!”
Review of Villa Saraswati

Villa Saraswati
Ranked #6 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I was traveling alone and Villa Saraswati was my first stop. First I was picked up at the airport by Sutarya my driver tour guide and now friend. if you need a driver please ask for him. desutaryaubd@hotmail.com. Sutarya was a unplanned amazing part of my trip. He is a kind man and will do anything to help with your driving needs around the island. I know you will enjoy his services. Now the hotel. Komang who runs the hotel is amazing he and all of the staff made me feel so welcomed and comfortable. Especially traveling alone as a woman I never worried about a thing. I think it goes beyond service they are just amazing people that make your stay even more special. Villa Saraswati is so beautiful and peaceful. I enjoyed my morning breakfast with all of the other guests. Still thinking about how good the banana pancakes were. I cant recommend Villa Saraswati and my driver Sutarya enough. They helped make my trip to Bali even more special. It was a magical experience. Thank you all for an unforgettable time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Shawna C

Reviewed 1 October 2013

we have just left villa saraswati - i never write comments but in this instance just have to say our stay was absolute heaven. This is my 7th trip to bali over many years - but i have never has such a wonderful experience. Robyn, Dean, Kamong and staff are without exception wonderful; the facility is beautiful; breakfast superb; i feel wonderfully and absolutely indulged whilst also feeling the warmth and peacefulness of ubud that for so many years i've simply heard about. thank -you - we'll be back.

1  Thank fyncat
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The only bad thing about Villa Saraswati is that it set the standard so high that our next hotel in Sanur was a big disappointment... :)

Everything about our stay here was wonderful, the staff, accommodation, service, surrounds, location, breakfast - everything. Overall it is excellent value for money.

Nothing was too much trouble & the staff were attentive without being annoying. And always smiling and just lovely people.

There probably isn't much else to add but thank you to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: All rooms would be great - we went for the Frangipani room on the ground next to the pool which is h...
1  Thank myboyfriendsanerd
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed six nights at Villa Saraswati. From the moment we stepped inside we were made to feel welcome and special. Robyn and Dean are wonderful hosts and nothing is too much trouble. Komang and all the staff are cheerful, so willing to please and very courteous. Our room was spacious, spotlessly clean with high quality furnishings. Villa Saraswati is located approximately 3 kilometres from Ubud centre which certainly adds to its charm, in our opinion. There is a shuttle service and drivers or taxis are readily available. We really liked our driver l Made who we used several times as we were visiting the Ubud area for our daughter's wedding. He was always happy, informative and he and his car immaculately presented. We have travelled extensively over the past 10 years and this is our first time in Bali. Living at Villa Saraswati is a "must do" if you are holidaying on this island - it is simply gorgeous, serene and very special.

Room Tip: We loved the Lotus room. Outdoor and indoor shower, delightful outlook and very spacious.
1  Thank Wendy I
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Previous reviews capture everything. The overall experience and personality of Villa Saraswati is more luxurious than any Four Seasons, Taj, or Mandarin in which I have ever stayed. The hosts were incredibly helpful and went above and beyond to accommodate us - taxi rides provided immediately, timely airport transfers, restaurant recommendations that always delighted us, fresh smoothies made-to-order, delicious breakfasts, and, most importantly, local insight into how we should best spend our time (i.e. day activities). In fact, we spent quite a bit of money to cancel reservations in Sanur following our time in Ubud - just so we could spend more time at Villa Saraswati. Our trip was originally supposed to be for 3 nights, but we un-regretably extended to 5 nights/6days :)

Room Tip: All the rooms seem fabulous
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mlmurphy818
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Husband and I stayed 3 nights at Villa Saraswati in August. We stayed in the Peacock Room. The room was a bit dark as it was not poolside so we just went outside into the common areas to read or use the internet. In the afternoons after a day of touring, we would sit by the pool and have a cup of the delicious ginger and lemongrass tea. One day I asked for it iced and the staff willingly fixed it for me.

Robyn and Dean are gracious hosts. The afternoon I scheduled in house massages a neighbor was using a chain saw to cut down trees, making a lot of noise for hours. So the massage was not the most relaxing, no fault of the villa, due to the noise. To make up for it, Dean offered us both a glass of wine. That's hospitality.

If I ever return to Ubud, I will definitely stay at Villa Saraswati. We especially appreciated the no children policy as it keeps the noise level down.

Room Tip: The value of the less expensive rooms can't be beat. The Peacock Room had both an inside and out...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at the Villa Saraswati. Everything was perfect...the place, the pool, the staff, everything! I'm already looking forward to my next trip to Bali and to the Villa. They do everything to make sure you have a great stay. I really can't say enough good things about this place! It is a few kilometers north of the center of Ubud but if you rent a scooter (or just take their shuttle + a few taxis) it's fine. The area around the villa is full of temples and small shops and homes...it's much more authentic than a lot of other hotels in Bali.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple