“Why it will always be #1!”
Review of Villa Saraswati

Villa Saraswati
Ranked #6 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Before we even arrived at the villa, we communicated with Komang, the manager, via email to help us organize some activities including visiting a local school. We knew we chose the right place because Komang went above and beyond to meet our needs and truly made it easy to anticipate our stay. When we finally arrived, we were greeted with afternoon tea and given a chance to decompress after a long flight. Had a wonderful complimentary massage that truly helped! We truly appreciated that. My boyfriend and I stayed in the Lotus room which came with a spectacular outdoor bathroom!! I wish I could take that shower home! The best part of that room besides the bathroom, was the surrounding glass doors that made us wake up to the beautiful morning light each day (we pulled the privacy curtains to let the light in the mornings). We also particularly loved waking up to the sounds of nature around us.. Swaying palm trees, birds chirping, an occasional rooster crowing.... And!! No annoying kids!! Yes!!!!! None! Peaceful it was! In the mornings we had a wonderful start with their breakfast selections and we desperately miss their banana pancakes terribly! We also had toast, eggs, bacon, banana smoothie and fresh fruit! What more could you ask for?? Delicious! In the mornings the staff made their offerings, which was quiet, but we particularly loved the smell of their incense so much so we had to buy some dupa. The place is wonderful. The pool was always clean and quite refreshing... Towels were always available for us which made things easier. The staff is by far some of the nicest people I have ever met and I cannot thank them enough for making our stay memorable. We even met Robyn, the owner, who was a feisty Australian lady with a great sense of humor! Why stay anywhere else when you can stay at a place that makes you feel like you're with family? Love it! Thank you for allowing us to continue to love experiencing the world through bed and breakfasts! What a great place!

4  Thank Latte_nan

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have no doubt that this place deserves it's no. 1 spot on trip advisor and we would love to stay there again. We stayed for 4 nights in Swan room which had everything one needs. Villa Saraswati is in the north of Ubud, about 15 minute drive from city centre of Ubud. Extremely quiet and peaceful and the property itself idyllic, with a beautiful little pool to do laps in after a hot day sightseeing. The staff were wonderful (thanks Komang, Wayan and others) and catered for all our needs. They organised all our outings to wherever we desired. With only 5 rooms, it is so cosy that u feel like u r on your own and all the staff there just for you, truly great experience. It's a must stay and reasonably priced. Have a look at the pics at judge for yourself.

2  Thank Caesar72
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. It is a beautiful property with friendly & helpful staff. Our room was huge, clean and comfortable. The location was perfect - only about 10 minutes away from town, but far enough away to avoid the traffic and noise. Komang, the manager, was available and helpful with every request/question we had for him. It was a pleasure to meet Robyn and Dean, the owners as well. We look forward to a longer return trip to Villa Saraswati in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GraysinAZ
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I loved this place. The staff were attentive, the hotel adds personal touches and it's clean. The outdoor showers are awesome! It is for people who want quiet and relaxation. You feel like you have the place to yourself! Will be coming back here for longer next time!

1  Thank Melissara23
Reviewed 7 April 2014

To say that I 'like' it here would be an understatement. In the past four months I have visited this gorgeous location three times, and this last I have brought my husband along as I loved it so much.

So close to the excitement of Ubud yet far enough away to enjoy the peace and tranquility of Bali. With an outstanding staff and fabulous service, I am not sure what else one can ask for and I am not always so easy to please.

Great made to order breakfasts including banana pancakes, coffee, fresh fruit and fruit drinks. Excellent bedding, hot showers, (there are two in the lotus and veena rooms) lots of space, sunlight, attention to cleanliness, a wonderful pool and free shuttle service into town.

You can either have a fully-planned day or plan to do nothing at all here. It truly is heaven.

Thanks to all and apologies for my late review; and yes Julie (and Tom) I am finally reading, and still do wish to take the entire staff home with me !

P

Room Tip: I love the Lotus and Veena rooms but all five are lovely, well appointed and confortable
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WTravelGirl50
Reviewed 23 March 2014

After two weeks of a hectic business trip, I decided to stay 4 days and 3 nights in Bali by myself. I did not have much time to research places to visit, so as usual I relied on trip advisor reviews and chose Villa Saraswati as my base. I am so happy I did! This place is worth more than what they charge. Before my arrival, the manager, Komang was very responsive to my many questions. His staff took care of arranging everything for me, including transportation by professional and friendly drivers, same day laundry service and an amazing massage.

The breakfast is soooo delicious. The staff is so attentive to every detail. I felt like part of a family.

Also, the owners, Robin and Dean were great. I did not have much time to experience ceremonies and they took the time to show me a bunch of pictures and explain the depth of the culture.

There are only two things I need to point out. In all the reviews I read I never read anything about the geckos. Perhaps, this is not a big deal for most people but I have a phobia of geckos. I did not realize how many there are everywhere in Bali! This almost spoiled my trip, but everything else was so wonderful that I would go back. Luckily, the staff was very understanding and helped me deal with it :-).

Also, as it has been stated in other reviews. The Villa is about 10 minutes (scooter ride) from Ubud center. For me this was perfect.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank whalesspell
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Villa Saraswati is a Garden of Peaches in earth. We really enjoyed the atmosphere during our staying in the villa.

Birds and insects are chirping in the early morning and evening. Its gave you a feeling seems staying in a forest, where far from a noisy city. It is a good place for mind and body relaxing.

We like so much your Balinese decoration in your villa. Fresh and clean everywhere, thumps up on your cleanliness.

We would like to say thank you to all friendly staffs, especially Mr Komang and a staff who prepared a supper to us in the first day we arrived in midnight.

May come back to stay again and hope you will continue remains your good quality standard.

Thank you for all !