“Highlight of my trip”

Ketut's Bali Cooking Class
Ranked #3 of 38 Food & Drink in Ubud
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An Original Balinese Cooking Class offers you an opportunity to learn how to cook real Balinese food with local ingredients, with skilled and friendly Instructors. Teachers who can impart the secrets of Balinese cooking to you in a casual and fun atmosphere. Chef Ketut is cooking instructor of Payuk Bali Cooking Class. He emphasizes a friendly teaching style centered on actually doing, rather than watching. He guarantees that by the time you complete your course you will not only have learned a thing or two about Balinese cooking but you will also have had a most memorable experience.
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This was the cheapest and best cooking class I have ever done in all my travelling. Fantastic value. Ketut and his assistants will turn your cooking class into a cooking Paaarteeeeee! Sooo much fun. Learnt some great recipes and excellent secret tips. No wonder I couldn't get my sate sauce to taste that authentic! Everyone was looked after. I did the afternoon but I believe the morning is even better. As the only vegetarian I was catered for with no problems. Lots of laughs. Big thanks to Made who helped with our group. This is a must do while visiting Ubud. Jungle kitchen cooking - fun and yum!

1  Thank B00kGirl
There are newer reviews for Ketut's Bali Cooking Class

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Definitely worth your money. It's a very well planned cooking workshop indeed! I would recommend you to pick the morning class as you get to go to the Ubud morning market and experience the daily buzz. What's more, you get to see the beautiful rice terraces in Laplapan village as the instructors would explain the lives of farmers at the padi fields. Of course, the stars of the class are Ketut and his friendly assistants. These wonderful people are entertaining teachers with substance. If you are serious about picking up some Balinese cooking skills and recipes, I must say that Payuk Cooking School will not disappoint. The food prepared by you and your classmates will impress you.

1  Thank Gwendolyn H
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed cooking at Payuk Bali. The staff where friendly and more than willing to help answer our every question. The price is expensive as cooking classes go but well worth the money. We learnt how to make our own traditional blessings and coconut oil along with numerous dishes. A truly unforgettable experience. Our only regret is that we only had time to do the afternoon class so we did not get to visit the local market. But we have come home with our own menus and ready to cook up some treats for our friends!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent a thoroughly enjoyable morning with Ketut and his team. Everything was well organised and the food preparation was efficient and clean. All up it was interesting and educational, but also very entertaining ... and the food we cooked was delicious.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We were given the leaflet for Payuk cookery course by our hotel so thought we'd give it a try. It's was fantastic! We were picked up at our hotel in a mini bus and taken to the kitchen just out of central Ubud. It's high up in the hills so the view we had was quite something. We were shown how to make an offering which is more difficult than it looks! The staff were very good and the meals we cooked were fantastic (if I do say so myself!).
I'd definitely recommend this to anyone visiting Bali.

Been to Ketut's Bali Cooking Class? Share your experiences!