I stayed at the Ibah for a holiday. I was a solo traveler.
I arrived and found out I had been upgraded free of charge to a villa. What a wonderful surprise!! The villa was divine!! Absolutely everything was perfect. LOVED the villa.
Ibah is located perhaps 5 minute walk from the middle of Ubud. There is a free shuttle from the hotel that comes in handy because it's quite humid!
The breakfast was okay - The amercian breakfast wasn't that great but everything else on the menu was lovely. Restaurant staff were FANTASTIC! Polite, attentive, helpful - just perfect.
The reception staff were not so great. I had organised an all day tour through reception and the tour was the worst day ever. It cost AUD $110 for the day which I found out only included the driver. I had to pay for everything else, which they did not tell me. Also found out that all of the destinations had government costs, local 'donations', temple donations and then other donations. Was an absolute waste of time and money. Reception didn't advise that there were significant costs (I had to pay almost $300 AUD just in stupid 'donations' that aren't donations at all). Reception should have advised what was involved and costs associated with the tour because if I had known, I wouldn't have gone. I was lead to believe that all costs were included. DON'T DO TOURS THROUGH RECEPTION/HOTEL. I would suggest researching local tour companies. I was on my own and at the various sites, was definitely taken advantage of by the locals and my driver just left me to figure things out for myself.
Also used the shuttle service often. Had one bad experience where they forgot to pick me up. Was not happy at all as I had prearranged this and went to an out of the way location. Was left sitting in a remote area trying to figure out how to get back. Had to find a pay phone to reverse charges to Australia to get a friend to call the hotel to come and get me. When I spoke to them about this, reception staff didn't give a toss about forgetting me. Was very very angry about this experience.
The spa staff were fantastic. I had the essential ibah treatment and loved it! It's quite expensive especially for Ibah but it was my last day, so thought I'd splurge!
Just an FYI. As it rains quite a bit, just be careful around the hotel with the slippery stone steps. I fell twice due to wet weather and ended up with bruises on my bum. Not really the hotel's fault, but just an FYI to be careful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Ibah is a prime example of classic and up-to-date Balinese hospitality and style. Exteriors reflect traditional Bali, with thatched roofs and stone walls carved with exuberant sculptures, making it the perfect place to discover the culture and spirit of Bali. The resort is situated on Royal grounds handed down through generations, alongside Holy springs discovered by a Hindu priest over four hundred years ago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas Hotel Ubud
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas And Spa
- Warwick Ubud
- Ubud Warwick
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa Ubud, Bali