“Made our 25th Wedding Anniversary so special.”

Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa
Ranked #8 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Frederickton
“Made our 25th Wedding Anniversary so special.”
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed at Ibah for 3 nights,wish it would have been longer.We were treated like family,the staff are amazing was so sad to leave them.wanted to stay somewhere nice for our anniversary and we could not have found better then Ibah.Food was beautiful,thanks to a great chef.Love the gardens the guys work all day keeping them looking good,love the pool area.We stayed in Oleander Villa with pool and it was everythink we could ask for.We will be going back to Ibah on our next trip to Bali.Looking forward to catching up with beautiful wayan,Ketut and Komang,you made our stay one we will never forget.Terima Kkasih.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tanaFrederickton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
UK
Reviewed 23 May 2011

From the moment we arrived we were more than happy that we had chosen IBAH. The rooms were lovely and our two bedroom villa(Frangipani) was all that we had hoped it would be large master bedroom with ensuite, second bedroom onto outside living area with separate bathroom and a decent size plunge pool.

There isn't one thing that caused me any major irritation which is a feat for me! The hotel has wonderful traditional Balinese architecture everywhere and it was a joy to wander down to breakfast. The staff, everyone of them were helpful, courteous and friendly, an asset to the hotel. To illustrate my husband had previously booked a table in the restaurant for my birthday and when we got back to the villa two of the restuarant staff brought a birthday cake to the room and sang happy birthday!

The steps can be a little slippery after the rain but then forewarned is forearmed.

The hotel is situated about 10 minutes walk into Ubud, nearby restaurants that we could recommend are Murni's Warung and Bridges(for a special occasion as expensive) but in truth The Paeon and The Three monkeys were also good. The hotel restaurant is aimed at a "fine dining" experience and reflects that in its prices.

So all in all as near to a perfect holiday as you could get. If you need a recommendation for a guide please feel free to pm us.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Clarendoug
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 May 2011

this is not a hotel designed for older folks - the lights from the reception to the rooms were dim and of uneven brightness. the steps for the footpaths and rooms were uneven and posed problems even for more sprightly guests especially on wet days when we were there. this hotel is not for older folks and avoid wet days,
the toilet for our Ibah suite was big but with only 1 small glass sink for a couple to share. the door between the bedroom and toilet was too tight to handle. the hotel should know this from its chamber staff and rectify prior to guest;s occupation.
hotel has beautiful sculptures and garden layout though.
the saving grace - excellent staff and service.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anthony9963
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 24 May 2011
Dear Anthony9963,

Thank you for these comments from your recent stay. Regarding the stone pathways we receive regular feedback that the do add to the allure of the resort and are loved by many return guests, but we also understand and regret that they are not for some.

I am pleased to advise our new treetops suites are equipped with twin-basins in spacious bathrooms, and our engineering team has investigated the tightness issue in your bathroom door and all similar doorways.

Thank you also for your comments on the beauty of the gardens, our excellent staff and services. We sincerely appreciate your review and actively include your feedback in our development plans and training programs.

I hope one day you will return to Warwick Ibah to enjoy the improved facilities and services.

Stuart Gemmell
Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I stayed at the Ibah for a holiday. I was a solo traveler.

I arrived and found out I had been upgraded free of charge to a villa. What a wonderful surprise!! The villa was divine!! Absolutely everything was perfect. LOVED the villa.

Ibah is located perhaps 5 minute walk from the middle of Ubud. There is a free shuttle from the hotel that comes in handy because it's quite humid!

The breakfast was okay - The amercian breakfast wasn't that great but everything else on the menu was lovely. Restaurant staff were FANTASTIC! Polite, attentive, helpful - just perfect.

The reception staff were not so great. I had organised an all day tour through reception and the tour was the worst day ever. It cost AUD $110 for the day which I found out only included the driver. I had to pay for everything else, which they did not tell me. Also found out that all of the destinations had government costs, local 'donations', temple donations and then other donations. Was an absolute waste of time and money. Reception didn't advise that there were significant costs (I had to pay almost $300 AUD just in stupid 'donations' that aren't donations at all). Reception should have advised what was involved and costs associated with the tour because if I had known, I wouldn't have gone. I was lead to believe that all costs were included. DON'T DO TOURS THROUGH RECEPTION/HOTEL. I would suggest researching local tour companies. I was on my own and at the various sites, was definitely taken advantage of by the locals and my driver just left me to figure things out for myself.

Also used the shuttle service often. Had one bad experience where they forgot to pick me up. Was not happy at all as I had prearranged this and went to an out of the way location. Was left sitting in a remote area trying to figure out how to get back. Had to find a pay phone to reverse charges to Australia to get a friend to call the hotel to come and get me. When I spoke to them about this, reception staff didn't give a toss about forgetting me. Was very very angry about this experience.

The spa staff were fantastic. I had the essential ibah treatment and loved it! It's quite expensive especially for Ibah but it was my last day, so thought I'd splurge!

Just an FYI. As it rains quite a bit, just be careful around the hotel with the slippery stone steps. I fell twice due to wet weather and ended up with bruises on my bum. Not really the hotel's fault, but just an FYI to be careful.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Chanelno18
Dear Chanelno18,

Thank you for the review of your stay at Warwick Ibah and for bringing to my attention the issue and disappointment with your day tour.

Please rest assured that I have met with our reception team on the subject. As an immediate correction to procedure we must be clearer to guests that an 8-hour day tour includes the private vehicle and uniformed driver but does not include guide services, entrance fees or “donations”. We should always recommend the guide services particularly when guests are traveling alone. Please accept my apology if this was not advised before you left for the day trip.

The complimentary shuttle service in the Ubud area is subject to heavy traffic conditions, and we regret occasionally delays occur as a result. I am advised our driver was on the way to collect on the day but was blocked in traffic as a result of local ceremonies.

Thank you also for your kind feedback regarding your villa upgrade, our location, the food, the Spa, the staff and their service. Again please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding and where our procedure let you down. We appreciate you staying with us and hope you will return again soon.

Stuart Gemmell
Thailand
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We love our stay at the Ibah, their staffs are one of the best- very helpful, proper, attentive and very warm. We felt truly welcomed by all of them especially Eka at the Front desk and most of the dining room staffs. The ibah is the hotel with a great character, carved rock wall along the pathways up and down the hill. The ibah suites we booked are large, nicely decorated and clean. Some reviews have mentioned they need refurbishment which they may, but we don't find the old taps or rustic doors negative, they just go with the whole atmosphere and still work just fine.

What we find inconvenient is the lack of in-room wifi, and the old pathways with moss could be a little slippery under the rain. (60+ guests should really mind the steps.) We booked 2 Ibah suites for our family of four because their 2 bedroom villa was not available. It was a disappointment to get both suites down the lower ground where the view we saw was only the lower part of the steep valley. We did expect they would allocate us the two suites in the same roof where one is on the upper floor and one is down so we can also have the upper view. For what we lacked of this booking, however, the staffs hospitality offset all. 5 stars for their kindness and their service mind.

The hotel location is excellent, near the river where we can hear the water flows and see the grass field, also right next to the popular walking ridges to Ubud ricefield and river valley. It is only about 10-15 min walk to Ubud town (palace/market).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Sydney
Reviewed 21 March 2011

My husband and I returned to the Ibah in February this year after having had such a good experience with the hotel at the same time last year. We booked a Bliss package which included return transfers and a spa treatment (which I have to say is the best one I have ever had in Bali because those Bali massages tend to hurt - those boney fingers get right in) as this was for our Honeymoon. We arrived at the hotel and checked in but the girl checking us in proceeded to tell us about the hotel and where everything was located - "Yes we know where everything is because we stayed here last year!!!!" I learnt a few things on this trip (staying at 4 hotels). 1. No-one really cares that it is your honeymoon 2. It is very offensive to be a repeat customer but not acknowledged when you check in - I must say in Ibah's defence they did send us a welcome back note late that evening. 3. In room dining is fun - but more on that later. We checked in - but didn't get the room that we had last year - so a little disappointed because last years room was a little more special - not to say the room this year was terrible - except that you had to leave your room to go out onto the balcony to go to the bathroom which was a seperate room to the room and you could sit on the toilet and be seen by the villa above and by people walking past on the pathway so we just had the blinds shut in there the whole stay and that meant you had to get dressed to go to the bathroom. Free wifi in the restaurant area was good, shuttle service to town is great, the pool and the pool side service is wonderful, the breakfast inroom was good but I wouldn't recommend eating in the restaurant at night there - the meals weren't that good and completely overpriced. Lovely hotel but we will try elsewhere next time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank resortqueen_10
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Stayed two night in Villa Oleander. Greeted at the airport, cool wash cloth and water waiting for us. Staff are friendly and welcoming. Free transport anytime into Ubud. There are many steps, but not steep steps, I have a pin and plate in my knee and I managed fine, careful though, some can be a little slippery. Bed was comfortable enough, though we were woken by roosters crowing quite loudly in the morning, but it just all adds to the charm I think. Breakfasts were yummy and the restaurant area was very picturesque. Internet did not work in our room which was a bit of a pain with having to check work email, had to spend time in the lobby/library to use wifi..they also have computers for guest use I believe...and dvds to loan. As for the lady who spoke about 'worms'...there are a couple that get into the bathroom, but they are harmless and don't attack :) There is bug spray in your room so you can always spray around the outside door in the bathroom so they don't get in. I love outdoor bathrooms, I requested one. It's just not Bali without that :) We got a special package through the villa direct so it's always best to contact them and organize what you want :) Hmm which reminds me, never got our free massage, drats lol. We had private plunge pool which was often used, especially when returning from town hot and bothered....It's a fair distance from the airport, but the scenery is nice to look at.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay.
By the way, the Monkey Forest was spectacular, the scenery there just amazing. Monkeys can be a little aggressive but you are safe if sensible. Lovely to watch :)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple