“Heaven on Earth”

Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa
Ranked #5 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed here for the 3rd time in January 2014. My husband and I had our honeymoon here 10 years ago and then we came with our kids in January 2013. This time I stayed with my Mum. It is such a quiet and peaceful place, set in stunning and beautifully maintained tropical gardens. You hardly notice the other guests, it is so peaceful. The pool is stunning and we had it all to ourselves most of the time. The free 'on demand' shuttle bus is great to take you into town, but we found it very easy to walk back, as the location is very convenient. The restaurant is a bit over-priced, but there are many other options for eating out in Ubud. This is a charming, beautifully maintained piece of paradise, it has the perfect blend of elegance and rustic-ness. I look forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 1BreezyH
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear 1BreezyH,

Thank you very much for staying with us again and for your review. Please rest assured your kind comments will be shared with our team.

We are very grateful for your recognition of the character and spirit of Warwick Ibah as a perfect blend of elegance and rustic-ness, and we hope you will return soon. We are blessed to have return guests who appreciate such fine quality and authenticity in their choice of accommodation.

There are newer reviews for Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We lashed out and stayed at the Warwick Ibah for a couple of nights early in the new year. Whilst very expensive compared to previous accommodation I've stayed at in Ubud, as a special treat for a couple of nights, I don't think this could be beaten. With very few rooms you almost get the impression you are the only ones there. Our room was just stunning! It was a Treetop room and you just sat on your balcony and really felt like you were living in the top of the forest. The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom had a huge shower and a claw foot bathtub as well. Walking thru the grounds gives you the impression you are walking around an ancient temple that has just been rediscovered - moss covered walls, overhanging plants, it is just a really beautiful settings. And quiet! It's on a long narrow block so the rooms are a long way away from the road. It is an easy pleasant walk into town and we didn't bother with the shuttle. We didn't eat there but I imagine that the restaurant would be quite pricey but not an issue when you have so many great places nearby. In fact the reception staff recommended a restaurant one night and arranged the shuttle to take us down there and it was great. The pool is also absolutely amazing - could have stayed there all day in one of the little 'alcoves' they have set into the wall around the pool. Not somewhere I could afford to stay for a week but as a little luxurious indulgence for a couple of days, it was perfect!

Room Tip: Don't sit on the balcony in the evening with the doors open. Went inside to find every second f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris P
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Chris P,

We are grateful for you choosing to stay with us.

Thank you for the review. Regarding your point of affordability to stay with us for a week - we have an excellent value 5-night “serenity package” full of valuable inclusions, highly affordable and popular with guests on longer stays. Well worth a look!

In any case we hope you can return soon for any amount of time.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Let me preface this review by saying I don't sit still well, so perhaps the setting of a tranquil spa villa was wasted on me. My partner and I stayed 4 nights in early Jan 14 after 4 nights in Seminyak. The room and grounds were lovely, just as already pictured so I won't add more. The place is very private and despite other guests (incl a family) staying at the place they were hardly seen or heard. The staff were a little stand-off ish (mostly in the dining area), but helpful when approached, different to our experience in Seminyak. The restaurant was overpriced in my opinion, 50-100% more expensive than in town, but you pay for convenience. The (free) afternoon tea was nice. Of great value was the free (and as required) shuttle bus which took us to the top of the hill daily and would have collected us at a pre-arranged time, but it was just as easy to walk back down the hill. The location to town was good, about 1km from the main street and right at the start of one of the big walks (Campuche?). The free mountain bikes were also in very good repair and good fun to explore Ubud and further if you are game. Our room in the treetops had a lovely balcony area to sit and read, yet also housed insects that maintained a high pitched noise throughout the whole day.... something quite annoying that I simply didn't anticipate - yet I understand it comes with the scenery - thats nature. We were thankful for the extended (6pm) check out as we had a late night flight . Whilst there was nothing 'wrong' with this place, for the price it just wasnt me.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Redmushroom,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us in January. Although the lush and rather exotic nature of Ubud and the tranquility of our resort was not ideal for you this time, we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for making note of our lovely grounds and rooms, the privacy so many of our guests appreciate, and our superior location near to central Ubud.

We hope sometime in the future you will consider a stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

This places feels like an ancient temple (a five star one, of course!). Dine in the village, catch breakfast at the resort, make sure you're back for a swim in the awesome pool and have afternoon tea poolside.

If you have kids, organise some of the great craft courses at the Ubud art gallery. Painting, basket-weaving, all by highly-skilled instructors - wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear Epsc,

Thank you for your consice review. Also thank you for the great recommendation for those who are traveling to Ubud with children. The crafts and art courses are wonderful and keep the family entertained for hours!

We hope you return again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This place is beautiful! We stayed here for 3 nights in the Rose Room, was a perfect relaxing break, so peaceful. The rooms are amazing, great view of the tree tops. Staff were so lovely. The pool is great, not many rooms here so most times we had the pool all to ourselves. Easy walk to the main centre of Ubud and the rice fields. They offer a free shuttle drop off and pick up anywhere in the main part of Ubud which was so helpful. There are quite a lot of frogs and lizards and things in the gardens but that is all part of the charm. Room service and restaurant food was great, we had dinner on our balcony the last night we were there, was perfect.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear AlisonC82,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience a private dinner on your spacious balcony, the excellent walking tracks surrounding the resort and our facilities and services. Please rest assured your review will be shared with our team.

We hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Designer rooms, fantastic pool, attentive staff, within a short walk to the greater Ubud shopping area and trails. We loved our time here. The villa gave a luxuriant and quiet respite from the crowded tourist areas. The restaurant was overpriced but options are within walking distance.

Dear CCR_FoCo,

Thank you for your review. We are grateful for you recognising details of the accommodation, the fantastic main swimming pool and our attentive staff. Please rest assured I have taken note of your point regarding restaurant pricing and will see if we can improve on this for the benefit of future guests.

We hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at the Warick Ibah for two nights, being the first time I had ever even been to Bali. I too regret staying only the two nights (I had other accomodation arranged at Munduk) I could have happily have stayed here the whole week and a half I was in Bali. The staff were superb, arranging transfers and visits to the local sites. I stayed in a Treetop Villa overlooking lush jungle and river with the sounds of nature just at my door. The first night I arrived I took my camera and went exploring the grounds which are like nothing I have seen before, breathtaking. If you are looking for a truely authentic Bali experience, I would absoutely recommend Warick Ibah. Bonus it that it is also walking distance to Ubud, Monkey Forrest etc.

Room Tip: Treetop Villia's are excellent and very specious with balcony and private courtyard.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Melanie B,

Thank you for your review. Please rest assured this will be shared with our team who will be motivated and inspired from your comments. We also appreciate you noticing some of the fine aspects of the resort including the abundance of photograph opportunities, proximity to sightseeing, and recognising Warwick Ibah as a truly authentic Balinese experience.

We hope you return again soon.