I've stayed at Ibah twice, most recently during the Chinese New Year holiday. This intimate little hotel is excellent value for money, with an ideal Ubud location, attentive service, and beautiful rooms.
Location: The hotel is just at the edge central Ubud, and is about a 10-15 minute walk to the market, palace, and other attractions in the town center. The hotel offers a feeling of seclusion, with extensive greenery and views of the surrounding hills. There are extensive nearby hiking trails through the rice fields around the Campuhan River. The location is an ideal combination of privacy and convenience - you're within walking distance of Ubud's restaurants, shopping, and sights, but are also able to enjoy the lush natural scenery.
Rooms: The hotel is in traditional Balinese style, and I believe has a total of fewer than two-dozen rooms. I've seen several of the rooms, and while the layouts and design vary, they are all unusually large and comfortable, with high ceilings. The property is on a hillside, with some rooms offering expansive views, while others have a more secluded feel. Room 104 has a covered outdoor porch and a big main bedroom. I know that at least one of the rooms is on two levels, which might be an issue for those with limited mobility. The area is very quiet, with birds and insects the main source of "noise".
Service: The staff are attentive, friendly, and professional. Some have been with the hotel for many years - always a good sign - and are eager to share their knowledge of the area. The hotel offers a convenient free shuttle service throughout central Ubud, and we never had to wait more than a few minutes for a driver to be available.
Food and amenities: There's an in-house spa, which I've never used. The pool area is charming, with a grotto feel, and never seems to be especially busy. Breakfast is served a la carte on an attractive covered terrace, and the food is of high quality.
Ibah attracts guests from everywhere in the world, mostly couples, but I've also seen a few families. The hotel's size and layout offers a great deal of privacy, and it feels like an exclusive bolt-hole for those who want to enjoy Ubud at its best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Ibah is a prime example of classic and up-to-date Balinese hospitality and style. Exteriors reflect traditional Bali, with thatched roofs and stone walls carved with exuberant sculptures, making it the perfect place to discover the culture and spirit of Bali. The resort is situated on Royal grounds handed down through generations, alongside Holy springs discovered by a Hindu priest over four hundred years ago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas Hotel Ubud
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas And Spa
- Warwick Ubud
- Ubud Warwick
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa Ubud, Bali