“The perfect place for us”

Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa
Ranked #7 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have travelled all over the globe staying at numerous high-end world class hotels and I was very happy with our stay at the ibah. We stayed for two blissful weeks on our honeymoon in June 2014.

The ibah was the perfect place for us primarily because of the way it was built. The hotel is built so gradually into the surrounding nature that we felt like we were a part of Bali itself. We chose the smallest available room the treetop suite and were really happy with the size and quality of the room. The room was quite roomy (not gigantic - but comfortable) with a large bathroom, attached balcony with outside space and a further inside patio with a table for dining. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. We felt very safe staying there.

The best parts about the hotel were the beautiful everything (stunning lobby where you can feed the fish - lovely pool for a quick dip - warm and cosy secluded balcony), the service and the staff, the free shuttle and the proximity to good restaurants and things to do.

There are numerous ways the ibah could potentially improve itself - but these are all relatively small and unnoticeable by guests. There were quite a lot of ants around the pool area, the bathroom drains gave off a slightly unpleasant odour sometimes and the room was a tiny bit over air-conditioned. The two largest issues were with the tour arranged by the hotel which was not very good and with the potential for seeing wildlife that might scare travellers. By this I mean that we saw some harmless snakes in the growth and bats on our balcony (bats at night and this is where the tea and minibar is I case you are trying to get to it at night). This absolutely did not bother us and made the experience even better as we are very fond of wildlife - but I wanted to mention it for potential travellers who might not be.

To summarise-

The best parts:
- amazing staff, very attentive and kind
- brilliant location
- stunning surroundings and hotel design
- comfortable beds and room
- lovely balcony and outside space
- good pool, room service and restaurant
- afternoon tea with a different cake everyday
- free shuttle with great pick up and drop off service in Ubud

The slightly less good parts:
- do not arrange a tour with the hotel - the driver tried to charge us 40 extra dollars for random stops he decided to make
- potentially scary wildlife is you don't like wildlife

Overall would revisit

1  Thank FroggayFroggay
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear FroggayFroggay,

Thank you very much for your two-week stay with us, and for your constructive review.

We are delighted to read we are the perfect accommodation for you in Ubud and we will be proud to live up to your expectations in the future. We agree the treetops suites represent excellent value noting they are spacious and beautiful, as well as providing various places to relax, sleep and enjoy a meal in-suite. We also appreciate your mention of the resort’s superior proximity to town, the wonderful service from our team and the lovely main swimming pool.

Please rest assured I have made a thorough investigation into the driver experience you encountered with “Widura transport”. This company operates independently of Warwick Ibah and I have passed on your review and comments to the principal of Widura transport.

Thank you very much again. Please return soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I stayed in 7 rooms at the Warwick Ibah after my Bali wedding and loved the hotel. The hotel is small so there is no enormous pool or grand lobby, but the hotel has beautiful rooms with great views and is in a fantastic location in Ubud.

My husband and daughter stayed with me in a Royal Suite and found the room fantastic. My sister and parents stayed in treetop villas which were exceptional and had glorious views of the stream below. I noted that many people on trip advisor have said the Treetop Villas are a bit of a distance from the lobby so I was expecting a trek to get to the rooms, this is most definitely not the case. The treetop suites are closer than any lobby from a major hotel.

The breakfast was great and freshly made to order. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

The hotel itself is so close to central Ubud, yet seems a world away when you stare out your room window or room balcony.

I have been to Ubud five times and each time I have stayed somewhere different. From now on, I'm not going anywhere else. The Warwick Ibah ticked all the boxes.

Room Tip: I would recommend room 207 which is a Treetop Villa. It was just glorious. (This is the room my sist...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Rosylosy,

It was an honour to have you and your wedding party stay with us and we are delighted to read you were pleased with all the accommodation.

The intimate scale of the resort and the spacious layout affords our guests precisely the satisfaction you mention. The beautiful rooms, great views and the resort’s fantastic location are all regularly appreciated by our well traveled clientele.

We agree the treetops complex is not too far from the lobby, and is wonderfully positioned strategically above the river to appreciate the forest canopy views and the tranquil flow of fresh mountain water streaming below.

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your kind review.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed in Ubud for 2 nights. The hotel is really good and the staff is extremely helpful. Breakfast at the garden is serene.
Had wonderful dinners at the nearby restaurants and it's especially helpful that the hotel provides transport to and fro.

Room Tip: While most rooms are extremely private, the passage that leads to the inner rooms are dark and may b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Gymmi,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your review.

We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay, particularly the meals you had in the garden, and the services received from our team.

The pathways to some of our accommodation are cobblestone and authentic to traditional Ubud. Although the vast majority of our guests have no problem with them, clients with walking difficulties should be aware of these prior to making their decision.

We also appreciate your mention of our free on-call transport within the Ubud area and our excellent proximity to town.

Thanks again, please return soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My 75th birthday and this is the BEST place I have ever stayed in. Its exquisitely beautiful. Their lovely photos are an understatement! And they don't tell you about the staff. They are gracious informal charming and so so skilled. Say hello to Cok Sri or to Putri or to Sinar at reception and the pleasure of being with these lovely people starts before you get to your Ibah suite. You will gasp for breath when you see it! Its BEAUTIFUL! Each suite is set in the ruins of this old palace. Enjoy, enjoy! Michael and Vivienne.

Just a tiny suggestion... Lets have a few herbal teas in the room when you get round to it.

Room Tip: All the suites are beautiful. We had two different ones. Both perfect.
2  Thank Michael P
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Vivienne and Michael,

It is an honour to have you stay with us, particularly on the occasion of your 75th birthday.

Please rest assured your kind words will be shared with our team who you mention, and their colleagues. All of us are grateful for your generous remarks.

I am delighted to see your suggestion to make more herbal tea available in the rooms. I think this is an excellent idea and we will be happy to, "get around to it” quickly. We hope you will return soon to enjoy them!

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am grateful - so grateful - to have had the opportunity to travel internationally. Since we all have different criteria for "best in the world", here are mine: walking distance to downtown. Walking distance to a nice gym (watch the stray dogs, though). Walking distance to a grocery store. Walking distance to beautiful early morning strolls through villages and rice fields and along the ridges above Ubud. A short drive to the epic scenery of Jatiluwih. The Ubud farmers market is AMAZING. Go early, while everyone is sleepy and the locals have time to chat with you! My room plus terrace was roughly twice the size of my flat at home. Whilst seated on my covered terrace, I could see only the hills and canyons surrounding this property, which was the best seat in the house during the afternoon downpours! The people at this property were incredibly gracious, friendly, and professional.

Room Tip: Next time, I'd go for upstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jen335

Dear Jen335,

We are grateful for your stay with us and for your excellent review.

You have surmised so much of lovely Ubud and Warwick Ibah including the resort’s excellent proximity to markets, beautiful strolls, rice fields, picturesque villages, and Jatiluwih.

We are also grateful for you mentioning the balcony of your suite and the pleasure you found relaxing there, as the weather passes without disturbing your comfort. All the resort’s suites and villas have these spacious balconies, a feature we are very proud of.

Thank you also for mentioning our wonderful team who will certainly see your kind review.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have looked at this place on the internet for years -sigh, one day! Well the day came and my fiance and I were blown away! This place is dreamlike, the gardens, the ancient looking stone work and the beautiful villas were mind blowing! We were speechless, just beautiful!
Considering the style of the place it was very quiet and we had the magnificent pool to ourselves most days, The staff were very attentive without being intrusive. And.....the meals were outstanding and very reasonable for beautifully presented 5 star food. Just wow!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Samkerri,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are honoured to have you stay with us.

We are happy to read the facilities and services met your expectations and you appreciated the unique style and character of the resort. It is also great to see you were able to enjoy the magnificent main swimming pool and found the meals and services outstanding. Please rest assured your comments will be shared with our team who most certainly appreciate them. Thank you very much again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Wow, where do I begin! This place is a dream world. We were lucky enough I stay here as it was my best friend's 21st and her Dad treated us to this beautiful hotel. He staff are absolutely delightful - there is nothing they won't do for you! We asked them to teach us some Indonesian words which they were more than happy to do. I've honestly never met people so smiley! There is a shuttle bus to take you to town and they pick you up until 10pm too which was a treat! (The town is only a 10/15 minute walk away.
We rented bikes for free and rode around the rice fields - definitely worth doing.
The grounds are BEAUTIFUL! The pictures don't even do it justice - the pool area is gorgeous and so lovely to relax in - towels are provided at the poolside and there's a little bar to get poolside drinks. The restaurant on site is quite expensive so we went into town every night and tried to find places which were cheaper.

The rooms are so lovely - we had a four poster bed with a mosquito net built in. There wasn't aircon but Ubud is a lot cooler than surrounding areas in Bali so he fan was fine! Every evening the staff come and undo the mosquito net for you and in the morning do it back up again - we felt like royalty!

On my friend's birthday they surprised us with a deluxe breakfast and birthday cake - made her day! Honestly this place is a dream, you have to go there if you want luxury! Couldn't recommend it enough :)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ac1444
WarwickIBAH, General Manager at Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Ac1444,

Thank you very much for staying with us and also to your friend on this special occasion. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you also for your kind comments about our team who genuinely care for the experience of our guests and meeting or exceeding your expectations.

If I may clarify one point from your review - All our accommodation is equipped with air conditioning. It is true that sometimes Ubud is cool enough to not need it, but it is definitely available in all suites and villas.

We are honoured to have you stay with us and hope you will return soon.

Thank you very much again.