I have travelled all over the globe staying at numerous high-end world class hotels and I was very happy with our stay at the ibah. We stayed for two blissful weeks on our honeymoon in June 2014.
The ibah was the perfect place for us primarily because of the way it was built. The hotel is built so gradually into the surrounding nature that we felt like we were a part of Bali itself. We chose the smallest available room the treetop suite and were really happy with the size and quality of the room. The room was quite roomy (not gigantic - but comfortable) with a large bathroom, attached balcony with outside space and a further inside patio with a table for dining. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. We felt very safe staying there.
The best parts about the hotel were the beautiful everything (stunning lobby where you can feed the fish - lovely pool for a quick dip - warm and cosy secluded balcony), the service and the staff, the free shuttle and the proximity to good restaurants and things to do.
There are numerous ways the ibah could potentially improve itself - but these are all relatively small and unnoticeable by guests. There were quite a lot of ants around the pool area, the bathroom drains gave off a slightly unpleasant odour sometimes and the room was a tiny bit over air-conditioned. The two largest issues were with the tour arranged by the hotel which was not very good and with the potential for seeing wildlife that might scare travellers. By this I mean that we saw some harmless snakes in the growth and bats on our balcony (bats at night and this is where the tea and minibar is I case you are trying to get to it at night). This absolutely did not bother us and made the experience even better as we are very fond of wildlife - but I wanted to mention it for potential travellers who might not be.
The best parts:
- amazing staff, very attentive and kind
- brilliant location
- stunning surroundings and hotel design
- comfortable beds and room
- lovely balcony and outside space
- good pool, room service and restaurant
- afternoon tea with a different cake everyday
- free shuttle with great pick up and drop off service in Ubud
The slightly less good parts:
- do not arrange a tour with the hotel - the driver tried to charge us 40 extra dollars for random stops he decided to make
- potentially scary wildlife is you don't like wildlife
Overall would revisit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Ibah is a prime example of classic and up-to-date Balinese hospitality and style. Exteriors reflect traditional Bali, with thatched roofs and stone walls carved with exuberant sculptures, making it the perfect place to discover the culture and spirit of Bali. The resort is situated on Royal grounds handed down through generations, alongside Holy springs discovered by a Hindu priest over four hundred years ago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas Hotel Ubud
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas And Spa
- Warwick Ubud
- Ubud Warwick
- Warwick Ibah Luxury Villas & Spa Ubud, Bali