“I can't believe I have to leave today.”

Pita Maha Resort and Spa
Ranked #32 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

Have just had the best time here. We absolutely love it here. The rooms are great and I love the outside bathroom. Never had a problem with insect while bathing under the stars. Love love love this place.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Zkai

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Though a bit late in writing this , we were 3 couples & stayed at Pita Maha Resort and Spa for our Silver Jubilee wedding annv .Oh !! we all had such a wonderful time and earnestly felt that we should have stayed here for a week of bliss and sheer tranquility . The staff right from the time we checked in till we left after 4 days stay were very courteous ,ever friendly , ever smiling ........ in short a wonderful place and wonderful people .They made our stay a real memorable one .
Thank you Pita Maha we look forward to coming yet again whenever we visit Bali .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maish-u64
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We had a lovely time here. You DO share your time with the insects but its not a huge problem and the rooms and bathrooms are spotless. This is because you're pretty much in the bush, just above a river valley where the landscape is rich in wildlife. Embrace it!
The spa here is worth every penny. I had a treatment every day (pregnant) and it was glorious. We ate exceptionally well here too - most evenings (visit Mozac nearby one evening for a change) and the shuttle service into Ubud itself was perfect. Never any problems. We loved our little pool outside in the garden but there is a larger infinity pool for those who like to swim strokes or dive in. Its perfect for kids too. The walk around the complex comprises of some steep staircases and hills so if you do find strenuous walking a problem then this might not be the place for you otherwise we saw it as an opportunity to keep us fit and walk off all the delicious food we had been eating!! We took independent tours around the island (A MUST!!) rather than through the hotel as we'd arranged this before our trip. We used Hotel Beds for our transfers and tours and thought they were excellent. Our tour guide in Bali was KADEK (ask for him) as we learnt SOOOO much from him and he was a real sweetie!!
Turn down in the hotel was great. The mozzie nets are over the bed, there are mozzie plugs and spray cans available. I only got bitten once on the whole trip which is amazing (I usually get eaten alive!!!). Ubud is great. Just get into its own rhythm and enjoy the experience!!

Room Tip: We had the villa NEXT to the large pool and we also stayed a night in the SPA VILLA which is like a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tiredbunny2002
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Thank you Pita Maha staff we had a wonderful holiday there recently. My husband,(first time to Bali) 2 children (12 & 13) and myself spent 4 nights here. We all loved it. The villa with pool was great, the views wonderful and the hotel gardens and pool were marvallous too! We made full use of the shuttle bus into Ubud, 5 - 10min away mostly in the evening to dine out. We only had the breakfast which was included. The hotel was quiet, which suited us really! We left to go to Sanur for the remainder of our holiday (another 4 nights) but I have to say I was a bit dissapointed. Much prefer Ubud!

Room Tip: I think we stayed in 304, villa with pool right at the edge and end!
3  Thank Ber-10
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for my 40th birthday present from the family as I had suggested it a while back because of the reviews and the views I saw in a magazine. The hotel is lovely and the views are amazing...unfortunately, we are a bit spoilt that we travel from Perth to Bali every three months...cheaper than going over East...it is our second home "without children, sometimes"...we visited the Pita Maha rOYALl whilst there and needless to say, the staff were amazing as well as the rooms and the view. We tried to change our booking to this hotel but the Pita Maha wouldn't let us without a huge fee. How does that give considering they are owned by the same person?The Pita Maha needs a makeover. The furnitue is old and the staff weren't fantastic given the price we paid. Go to Pita Maha Royal....

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Cheryl K
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed at the Pita Maha last week for 4 nights with my husband and 6 yr old son. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. From the moment you walk into the lobby you are greeted with warm smiles, a lovely welcome drink and a stunning view. We stayed in a pool villa, which was to die for. The inside of the villa was large, which is great when travelling with a child. My son was so excited about sleeping in a tent! (mossie net). The pool is small (plunge) but still lovely to cool down. The main pool has great view and is a good size. The only thing I would recommend with the villas is to perhaps put in a day bed (that seats 2 people). The two sun lounges are in the direct sunlight (with no umbrella) and there is only one other place to relax, which is only for one person. If the villa was set up with a day bed, it would then make the villa perfect. The bathroom is outdoors (so beware of mossies & insects) but it is lovely to sit in the tub in the outdoor bathroom. The hotel is small enough that the staff know your name and it makes it extremely personal. They even gave my husband a birthday cake for his birthday which was a nice touch. We had a few massages whilst we were there (which were unreal) and on the last day we had one in their ‘spa villa’ which was amazing. My recommendation would be that it would be nice if they had a proper spa salon where they sold products for face and body. The only thing about our stay at the Pita Maha we were slightly disappointed with was the quality of food served at the restaurant. (There are many great restaurants close by though). My suggestion would be that for such a small hotel they have a set A la carte menu rather than the usual Continental or American breakfast options that come with your accommodation package. You can then pick and choose what you want. The only negative thing that happened to us during our stay, was unfortunately on our last morning. We walked into the top level of the restaurant to sit in the same table we had sat in every other morning (overlooks the pool and our son could sit and watch the squirrels in the trees). We were greeted by a lady that was rather abrupt (compared to other mornings) who would not let us sit there, as it was only set for 2 people! (Despite the fact every other day, they had added another chair and place setting!). This was an unfortunate incident as the rest of our stay was superb. However, the hotel was a very child friendly (despite other trip advisor reviews I have read), our son absolutely loved it there and we will definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Pool villa's are lovely, but when travelling with kids, they seem to want to spend most of the t...
2  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We recently stayed at this beautiful resort and absolutely loved it. Not only did we get a free upgrade to a villa with pool but we also were handed a beautiful good bye present in the form of handmade wooden name sign and a personalised jewelry case. There was a little hick up regarding our check out date but that was resolved to our satisfaction. The pool is just magical, the food is quite good if expensive and the location of the hotel is fantastic. We also had a massage at the spa villa there which was very good albeit a bit expensive. The spa villa had a pool and one cold as well as hot jacuzzi. The staff was extremely friendly and I loved how our villa would be made up when we ventured out to have breakfast and dinner. I definitely would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Villas on top of the hill near the reception involve less stairs and villas in lower areas are more...
4  Thank MsInTransit