“Super Luxe with Mind Blowing Views!”

Pita Maha Resort and Spa
Ranked #29 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Bondi, Australia
“Super Luxe with Mind Blowing Views!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed at Pita Maha with my sister in one of the Garden Villas. Set on a mountain, the view was one of the most incredible I've ever seen (and I've been lucky enough to see some pretty spectacular places around the world), especially from the infinity pool. Our villa was spacious and had a traditional Balinese look, just as we'd been looking for - dark wood furniture, four-poster bed and a cool outdoor bathroom. The service was also impeccable - couldn't fault our stay there in any way. Tranquil, luxury and beautiful - just what you want out of a stay in Ubud!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Didnt expect it to be this good. My husband and I enjoyed every single moment of our stay. We stayed at the villa with private pool which is to die for. It is a big 1 bedroom villa with perfect view to the jungle and rice paddies. It has an outdoor bathroom with shower and tub. An absolute delight! At night we were suprised to find the curtains closed and the mosquito net around the bed. Excellent service!
The hotel also lent us mountain bicycles and we enjoyed the ride a lot. The breakfast is "a la carte" therefore freashly prepared. Delicious!
The only minor detail would be the pool temperature. Unfortunately it was cloudy and rainy. We would have loved to enjoy the infinity edge pool a bit more.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank the1travelreviewer
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at the Pita Maha Resort recently and enjoyed the most wonderful experience in this beautiful hotel. I travelled with a friend, my daughter and my six month old grandson. From the moment we arrived at Pita Maha we were made to feel extremely welcome. The staff were exceptional. We had lunch on the day of our arrival and the staff were very happy to hold my grandson while we enjoyed the most amazing lunch. All the staff knew my grandson's name by the time we finished lunch. The menu is very impressive and the food is delicious. They offer an a la carte breakfast and I chose the Indonesian breakfast, which was sensational. You can either have breakfast on the same level as the reception area or downstairs. Both areas have supurb views. I understand that breakfast is included in all reservations. Afternoon tea is served free of charge in the lounge area each afternoon between 3 and 5pm. Lovely little Balinese treats are offered. We had pumpkin and coconut cake and also black rice pudding. Both delicious. There is wifi in the rooms and also computers are available free of charge in the lounge area.

We enjoyed a very relaxing Balinese massage. Very caring massage therapists who were very experienced with all styles of massages. They were very careful to check how the pressure was and ensured we were comfortable during the entire massage. You could have a choice of having a massage on the verandah or inside. We chose to have it outside and enjoyed the sound of the running water in the river below and the beautiful trees. A truly memorable experience.

The staff were very happy to assist with steralizing my grandson's baby bottles and to ensure he had fresh paw paw and mango blended for his breakfast.

I wished I could have stayed for longer as the entire experience was just so relaxing. I was made to feel very special and the friendliness of the staff is genuine. There were always smiling faces and all the staff spoke english very well which ensured any requests were actioned without any confusion.

There is a free shuttle to the downtown area of Ubud. It is not very far out, but a little too far to walk. The shuttle works very well and is always prompt. The villas are huge and just beautiffuly appointed with an outdoor bathroom with a huge bath tub. I have never stayed in a villa as large and as beautiful as this. You have a choice of a villa with a private pool as well as a garden villa. The villa has fresh fruit and peanuts in a lovely glass bowl to snack on. I really loved the villa, the nicest I have ever stayed in.

I would recommend the Pita Maha to anyone looking for a very relaxing experience and who enjoys a Balinese hotel with all the traditional stone carvings and gardnes. I did not want to leave and feel sure I will return. Staying at Pita Maha was definatley the highlight of my holiday in Bali. Thank you to all the staff for all you help during our stay.

Kathy from Adelaide.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank 486kathyo
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at the Pita Maha and for very good reason. If you're wanting a truly unique Balinese experience that's luxury combined, then this is for you. As soon as you enter the Pita Maha, it's like you've been transported to another universe. It's just magical. The infinity pool is simply breathtaking. The villas are like stepping into your own private oasis. They are clean and very spacious. The outdoor bathroom adds to the magical ambiance and is very romantic. The staff are also exceptional and cater to all your needs. I travelled with my 6 month old and the staff were more than happy to boil the water we needed each day to sterilise the baby bottles. They also blended fruit for his breakfast everyday. I cannot fault the Pita Maha and that's why I keep returning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Zowena
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Me and my wife came Pita Maha to celebrate our 5th anniversary.

We were excited by the beauty and quiet of this place.
We were upgraded to a beatiful pool villa. This was really a dream place.

The staff was very nice and helpful - they fulfilled all our wishes so we could spend ten really fantastic days.

The only thing to improve is something very important for us and it is the food:

The breakfest (balinese, continental and american) is quite poor compared to classic hotel resorts. It is possible to choose from a menu but: is it included? Yes, it is, but nobody tells you, so you know it only when you pay your bill when leaving...

Friday evening there was a special event with diner and film screening about old city of Ubud. They made a special soup for us - Tom kha kai. Sorry, but we could not eat it, so spicy it was. Then, a main course, well normal meal, nothing special.
What was really special? The bill. Sorry, but I can have 3 dinners in one of the beautiful restaurants of Ubud for this price. So it was the first and last time that we took a diner in the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TomasZvara
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Pita Maha as a gift for my 60th Birthday from my sister who is a regular visitor to this resort. Being our first trip to Bali we were not quite sure what to expect. After the hour plus car ride from the airport through chaotic traffic to Ubud, when we entered the resort it was like entering a tropical paradise. The staff were very welcoming and after a welcome cocktail and efficient check in were taken to our secluded pool villa overlooking the river valley. We had some friends who were staying elsewhere come and join us one evening for a specially prepared dinner on the dining terrace which was perfect. There was nothing to fault with this resort and we will definitely be back again. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a taste of the traditional Bali but with an absolutely luxurious touch - you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: They are all great and very private with each one being self contained
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Auckland
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were lucky enough to visit Pita Maha last week and even luckier to be upgraded to a night's accommodation in the Villa Spa Suite. This stunning villa is facing the most amazing forest and river valley views. The infinity pool, the plunge and spa pools, the sauna and steam rooms, the outdoor massage area - all in a totally private environment - makes it very difficult to leave the hotel at all.

The staff were so warm and hospitable and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We will not forget this wonderful night and if you have a special occasion or honeymoon to enjoy, would strongly recommend a night or two in the Villa Spa Suite.

Suksma Pita Maha and all the staff who made us so welcome

Kirsty and Glenn Robson