Pita Maha Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
LUXE Villas Bali(Ubud)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsinfinity poolour honeymoongarden villaevery hourthe riveroutdoor shower and bathamerican breakfastmain poollounge areaa free shuttle busbalinese stylebreakfast is servednusa duaafternoon teamosquito netcentral ubudrice terraces
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2009

bugs in the room, don't leave any windows open, and ask at the reception desk if the pool has been given chemicals.. i am not sure about those pools.. when our fountain turned on, a very large goppy ball of larva slipped out into the pool and really freaked me out... it was the size of a baseball and i would not swim in our private pool again. i never saw anyone doing anything to our pool in one weeks time... also the food in the restaurant is not that great and very expensive... staff is wonderful, were never really sure they understood english all that well, but it's just enough out of ubud to make it a great walk with great fun shopping. also make sure to use a safe deposit box, people are comming in and out of the room all day when you are gone.... so don't leave anything in the room... like money, passports, etc..

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Yes, the Pool Villa was gorgeous and spacious. Yes, the views are lovely. Yes, our bathroom was decadent. Even the location is just far enough outside of town for it to be quiet yet convenient. But the big thing here at the Pita Maha is the staff. There was nothing that was too much of an effort and they actually enjoyed conversing and laughing with you. We have been to Bali many times before and stayed lots of places but these people were that extra helpful. We dropped into the sister property for yoga by the river, (The Royal Pita Maha) and although the property itself was absolutely incredible, the staff were not half as friendly.
One peice of negative feedback I would give to the Pita Maha is more about Food and Beverage than anything. It just misses the mark. Breakfast is Ok...little things like soggy, cold toast and cold eggs kind of dampen your enthusiasm. At dinner, main courses that came out cold really arent up to par when everything else is.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank imaginelle
Reviewed 16 August 2009

Like many others we stayed here for a portion of our honeymoon. It was sheer bliss. The rooms were gorgeous-immaculate, spacious, and fit into the surrounding natural environment. I do not feel that the website accurately portrays how amazing the actual property is. Additionally we were treated like gold by every staff member we came in contact with. We made a mini video of our villa and our friends and family cannot even believe that a paradise like that exists! If you are staying in the Ubud area Pita Maha is the ideal place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2009

Having traveled all over Indonesia we let our guard down due to the opulence in this place. We hadn't eaten all day so know when we were served a lukewarm chicken dinner that was the source of infectious diarrhea. We both felt a bit off within a few hours of the meal. My husband refused to eat anything else from the restaurant . Shortly after breakfast, I was in so much pain I could barely walk and make it back to the room in the nick of time; I suspect I the food was contaminated by Clostridium perfringens. I couldn't leave the room or eat anything for the next 3.5 days. A huge waste of money as this was our most expensive hotel stay during this trip. The management wouldn't call a doctor, didn't offer soda for us to have any calories, or seemed concerned that 2 guests had been poisoned by their restaurant. What infuriated me the most was the total lack of concern by the management and failure to offer any palliative service. We were about to use our emergency travel insurance to evacuate home, when I found my Cipro. Only this saved me. The food handling in the tropics is so important and one expects high standards at a high end hotel. I've worked in food service so understand the importance of safe food handling. We completely missed out on using the facilities of the hotel, much less seeing the sights of Ubud. If the hotel had at least expressed concern or offered soda or soup, but they just didn't care. So... the hotel is beautiful, villas luxurious with gorgeous landscaping, great AC and beautiful views, however if the kitchen cannot provide hot/safe food the guests suffer. Our entire stay at this hotel was ruined due to poor kitchen sanitation.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Astrid_Avia
Reviewed 4 August 2009

When my husband and I booked Pita Maha for our honeymoon, we were just crossing our fingers that the place would look as nice as the pictures on the website.
The truth is, when we stepped foot in Pita Maha, we were stunned. We were so at awe at the beauty of the whole architecture and how well it was maintained. Pictures did not do justice to this place! Pita Maha’s staffs were all very warm, polite and extremely attentive. We loved the welcome drinks, the rice vine that was waiting for us in our Pool garden villa and the beautifully set villa with rose petals and flowers on the bed and in the bath. Yes, we took the honeymoon package. Which also came with a candle light dinner at our villa accompanied by live Balinese music. The whole ambiance was perfect and I must say, the food was really yummy too.
And oh..their private Spa Villa was heavenly…since we had the spa package inclusive in our honeymoon package, we had 1hr of Balinese massage and another 1hr we had their spa facilities all for ourselves – steam room, sauna, hot Jacuzzi, cold Jacuzzi, infinity pool and spring water. What a memorable time we had there.

The fact that, Pita Maha was so close to Ubud town made it really convenient. And their shuttle service was very efficient as well. Ubud town itself was very pleasant for light shopping. In fact, one of the best Mexican food we had was in Ubud, a Mexican restaurants called Mama something which was just a few meters down Pita Maha.
I don’t know if its because we were on our honeymoon or what, but we were showered with welcome gifts, spa gifts and a honeymoon gift on the day we left. All in all, it was a really nice stay. The rooms were really clean. The soft drinks and beers were replenished generously. The service excellent. We had only one complaint, the TV set was pretty crappy one. Too small for this era. But then again, who’s watching tv eh? ;)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple