“Friendly staffs and fantastic rice paddy view”

Biyukukung Suites and Spa
Ranked #98 of 197 Hotels in Ubud
High Country
“Friendly staffs and fantastic rice paddy view”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The decoration and the environment impressed me the most. Besides that, the staffs at the reception are very helpful. Receptionist named Bawa who helped us the most even with our car rental and other bookings as some of the Indonesians are not really good in speaking English especially through the phone. We got 50% off with the spa and massage treatment as we are the guest of the hotel although the price is not the cheapest you can find in Ubud. One thing to mention, the wifi didn't work in our room hopefully this problem has been solved. My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay at Biyukukung Spa and Suites, will definitely come back if we plan to visit Ubud next time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The best part about Biyukukung is the location... it is conveniently located near the city, yet away from the hustle and bustle. The rooms face a rice padi field and you are lulled to sleep at night by the sound of frogs, instead of traffic, noisy tourists and lively bars.

They provide a free shuttle into the city and will also pick you up, just minutes after calling... making it more affordable to stay outside the city square, enjoying a bit more peace and quiet. It is close enough to walk to many areas too.

The room itself is average... bedroom with aircon upstairs and bathroom downstairs. However, I wouldn't rate it 4 stars. It's a bit rundown, wifi is unreliable and they provide no shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, etc. I was only in Ubud for a one night stopover and left too early to take advantage of the included breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Of the three hotels we stayed in Bali the Biyukukung Suites & Spa(BSS)was by far the best overall experience. So before everything else what stood out was an unique to BSS "on call hotel shuttle" that dropped you wherever you wanted in Ubud precincts and then picked you up when you were finished. I can say everyone would value this service element. When you had to go out of town the staff were happy to arrange it for you (yes you could bargain). The resort itself meanders down a hill to the lowest point where there is a second pool and spa (50% off for residents).Most room face terraced paddy fields filled with ducks (Bebek) and kingfishers besides little birds that feed on the paddy stalks! Freddy and his staff are smiling forever and happy to put right the little glitches (leaking false roof and bathroom roof) instantly.The upkeep is top class. breakfast is a la carte with seven set choices besides four Indonesian....by the infinity pool which is quite delightful or from a first floor viewing gallery. Its close to Monkey forest and all the good restaurant such Dirty Duck and Gula Bali which is a must do.We loved the BSS and will be back to stay when in Ubud for sure.

Room Tip: If you cannot climb steps ask for a villa near the reception. Depending on the view you look down or...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
South Africa
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

I checked in and then out of the hotel same day!!! I arrived at this hotel and myself an my driver had to carry my own bags from the car besides there being 3/4 staff standing around the reception area watching us but made no attempt to help. The staff behind the reception desk were all sitting watching TV while checking me in!!!! Not a good first impression!

Next to the room, the staff at least helped with the bags this time. The property don't feel was well maintained and some litter around the place.

The room have the bathroom downstairs that just had no appeal to me at all, the whole place smelt very damp ans musty......that stays damp constantly as I read now in other reviews. Should have done my research better!

Even the room upstairs smells damp!
I came straight back down to reception as I had requested a shuttle I had an appointment I had to attend. The people at the desk were busy checking someone in....... Local TV still going disruptively in the background........ I stood waiting for the desk attendants attention but he continues having. A conversation with another staff member until I interrupted and asked again for the shuttle.

I was going to a place near the botanical gardens( which I hear the botanical gardens in a tourist attraction) and the driver did not know where it was and was relying on me to tell him how to get there!!!!!
Seriously this is a joke!
And to top it all off when I check out and explain why I am leaving they ask me to pay for one night!!!!
Again I recommend don't stay here!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank spiritwithin
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 19 May 2013

we came from seminyak on a family holiday.Refreshingly different, this place is quite breathtaking with cosy rooms,very hospitable staff,nice pools(2 in fact). Highly recommended for a long stay.
They were very supportive in providing transportation for buying medicines when we needed it for an asthma attack to a friend.
All good eating joints are just 50-100 yards away.

Room Tip: take a duplex
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 May 2013

There's a reason why people choose Ubud rather than Kuta as their destination of Bali: the true Bali ambience. And that's exactly how we experienced the Biyukukung! The amazing rice field's view right in front of our balcony, the sounds of water from the river, very airy room, and definitely maximum hospitality and warm services from their people. A tranquility when you need it, a strategic location when you want it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back-side (new building) are larger and quieter with best view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Sacramento
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We really enjoyed the Biyukukung (although I still can't pronounce it). We were there for 5 nights and everyone was so nice. Our room was two stories with the bedroom upstairs and the bath down. It wasn't large but that's not a problem when you are using the air-conditioner to cool the room! Lovely views from the balcony and front porch area. They have two pools that face the rice fields as well. Being off the main street you don't get any noise except the frogs and geckos (and chickens in the morning!). Nice Indonesian breakfasts available with more lovely views to start the day.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple