We stayed at Komaneka for one night in July 2010 while we stopped into Ubud. The place is absolutely gorgeous, perfectly manicured. The rooms are fantastic and the service is some of the best i have ever experienced, EVER in any country. Food is also wonderful. Its located in a great place, lots of vibrance and activity on the streets; and Monkey Forrest if your interested, down the road.
However, i do emphasise DO NOT take in food to feed the monkeys.. We learnt the hard way.. We bought bananas from the people selling them out the front of the entrance, and as soon as we walked into the forrest a monkey came running up to my partner and bit him on the hand to get the whole bunch of bananas.. Trip ruined.. almost..
We went back to the hotel and asked them to call a dr to find out what we should do (rabies outbreak at the time), and the lovely man at the desk did this for us and advised us that the dr had recommended my partner get the rabies vaccination. So.. the man at the desk called for a van, and drove us to the only hospital in Ubud at which no-one spoke any english.. he stayed with us the WHOLE time to translate everything and to drive us back to the hotel.. it took about 6hr or so in total.
We would never have found this hospital on our own let alone been able to communicate with anyone there. The staff at Komaneka were an absolute GOD SEND. and they never even asked for a cent, of course we insisted and left them enough to know how much we appreciated their help. They were so concern with my partners health and although we had a bad experience at the forrest, it could not have been more kindly handled.
We will def go back to komaneka, and thankyou so much to all the staff. It is an absolute oasis amongst a busy backdrop and we have recommended the hotel to all of our friends.
And if anyone is interested, my partner is fine, we flew home a few days later and he received the full course of injections plus the immunoglobulin (might be spelt wrong) which they dont even have in most countries, we were very lucky. Be safe and dont feed the monkeys ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali