We stayed at monkey forest on the back of a lot of great reviews on trip advisor for our honeymoon. It's a lovely hotel, very private despite being in centre of monkey forest rd. Location is great. Hotel itself is traditional with a modern twist in part but not cutting edge style as offered by the bisma komenaka. Lovely staff and some nice finishing touches like the hand bottled toiltries and welcome gifts and drinks. We booked one of the Pool villas which are great-Lots of space and good sized plunge pool overlooking the paddy fields and good aircon. There were a few things that let it down a bit-beds were very soft and uncomfortable although this was rectified by the ever efficient staff and there were a lot of animal noises to keep you awake, however this is to be expected in a forest location! No crawlies though in our room which was good. The hotel was good at making sure the rooms were bug free on turn down. A few geckos but that is normal. The roosters cock a doodle doo does become annoying though throughout all hours! What I did find disappointing was the communal areas lacked any real atmosphere. There is no bar at this hotel and only a small restaurant so as a result no real hub of life to the complex which is a shame as it has a lovely candlelit ambiance at night that can only be enjoyed from your own room. Such a waste! The pool is lovely set in lush green forest but again lacks any atmosphere. The pool bar is a small kitchen and it was difficult to even get a glass of water sometimes. There is very little to keep you there during the day. The clientele is slightly more mature and as a honeymoon hotel I think we expected a few more thirty somethings. All in all though, it was a pleasant stay. Not 5 star, but a worthy 4 star. I think bisma may have been more up our street and we are going back to bisma next time round. Komenaka have good staff, if not sometimes lacking in charm and banter, but very efficient and excellent service plus good standards of accommodation and cleanliness. I think I just expected a bit more of a 'wow' factor with monkey forest. I'd stay again but for 3 days max.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali