We had originally booked the Deluxe Room, however after checking in they also gave us the option of staying at their sister Komaneka hotel, Rasa Sayang, just a min's walk down the road. They were doing maintenance works at Monkey Forest, so thus they were looking after guests to offer Rasa Sayang. After viewing both rooms, we preferred the boutique-ness of the green grounds and outdoor-like wet bathroom of the Monkey Forest hotel. My partner also cheekily asked if we could upgrade to a villa!
So upon our return after lunch to check-in to our room, they had organised an upgrade! The pool villa suite was absolutely gorgeous, romantic, spacious, luxurious, private and so so honeymoon like!
The service at Komaneka is second-to-none. Usually the Balinese are already quite accommodating people, however, we grew very fond of a few of the service personnel there. We were brought our afternoon tea twice, after requesting for it (outside of the afternoon tea service hours). They knew when we returned, and within 5 mins of arrival, the doorbell sounded and our food delivered complimentary. Also, every we walked past the lobby to our daily scooter adventures, the staff would willingly offer us two small bottles of water to take with us. There's many more instances, but we felt so very taken care of, smiles all the way, and with these hotel staff, I was eager to tip (ie they didn't linger around for more). I was blown away, and my partner and I said we'll definitely return to another Komenaka (either Bisme or Tagalalang) for our honeymoon.
Worth every minute of our stay! LOVED IT!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali