This hotel is beautiful. We had a pool villa which was really special. The lady - Dewy - who showed us to our Villa was the sweetest. As were all the staff. We went there for three days as part of our honeymoon and loved this hotel. It's right in the hub of things and yet, set back a little off the street, the further you walk into the grounds the quieter it gets. Most of the accommodation is set towards the back facing out onto the jungle, which was really gorgeous and a great change from nusa dua.
We took advantage of the cookery class they offered which was really good fun. We also did a downhill cycle tour with Eco Bali tours, which the hotel helped us arrange, which i would really recommend. We saw a lot and had some amazing views - of the volcano and the paddy fields.
The only slight downside of this hotel was the breaskfast. It was very tasty but there was a slightly odd system where you had a choice of several four-course options. All of these came at once so you had cooked breakfast served with pastries and a fruit salad. While it was a generous amount, sometimes you didn't necessarily want all those four courses. Or not in that combination. It would make more sense to have a list of foods and ask people to pick 3 or 4. This is a very picky grumble though as everything was pretty spot on for a hotel in the hub.
If we went back i would try Mosaic restaurant. We had a bit of a tummy bug so had to cancel our reservations.
Great trip. Many thanks Komaneka.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Prestigia, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali