Komaneka at Monkey Forest
Travelocity
US$227
US$167
1,278 results
All reviewspool villamonkey forestafternoon tearice paddyrose petalswelcome homeapple tvother resortssuite roomlittle touchesour honeymoonthe hustle and bustleturn down servicewonderful staythe main streetnusa duabusy ubud
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We arrived at the komaneka early afternoon,having stayed here 2 years ago we had a fair idea what our stay would be like. How Wrong we were. At check in all our details from our last visit were on line so after our welcome drink and cool towel Gek told us that we would be upgraded to a suite and we both received a complimentary 30min massage. Our room was amazing our bed had a heart laid out in petals, the bath was also filled with flowers. The ensuite was unbelievable double vanity,bath,separate shower,makeup table and plenty of cupboard space. This would have to be one of the best hotel rooms we have ever stayed in. Gek made us feel so welcome as if we had returned home.
The breakfast is off a menu and served at your table this makes a nice change from the buffet style that you get in most other hotels. The service from the staff is exceptional they know you by name after one day and nothing is too small or hard to attend too.The location is so convenient for wandering down the street to shop or getting something to eat.
We arranged thru the hotel to go to Lovina one day yes slightly more expensive than outside the hotel, but the transport is first class you have bottles of water, cold drinks and face towels in a cooler pack in the back supplied ,little things but a very nice touch. My wife upgraded her massage to 1 hour and I had the 30min massage, we both agreed that spa was bliss. I think the hotel only has 20 rooms so you get the feeling the place is empty as you walk around or use the pool very relaxing. After 3 nights we were had to move but we both agreed this is one of the best hotels we have ever experienced and would have no hesitation in recommending it to our family and friends.
A big thank you to Hera,Gek,Eric and the rest of the staff we look forward to returning one day.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank broggo14
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I have nothing but raves for this hotel. I was immediately destressed when I walked in. Everyone in the hotel was very nice and said hello when you passed. Check-in was a breeze. The rooms are fabulous. Lots of space and everything well thought out. Plenty of storage for luggage, huge shower and tub, double sinks, tissues in 3 places, desk, private outdoor table and chairs, water by the bed, flashlight by the bed, slippers and robes, etc. A converter was provided but it did not fit our US plugs. Free wireless in the rooms worked with no problem. Oranges and cookies were provided on a shelf by the TV.

The pool area was quiet and never crowded. Water was brought around during the day and the pool was frequently cleaned of dropping flowers and leaves. It was relaxing to sit by the pool for a few hours after touring all day.

Tea and snacks were provided in the afternoon by the pool which I tried the first day. Everything was delicious. Breakfast was a delight; a menu rather than buffet, which was nice for a change. Over the course of our stay we tried many of the items and all were delicious. Breakfasts were a relaxing start to the day. Staff were very accomodating to your preferences. We stopped at the restaurant one evening to order some room service and it arrived very quickly.

My only recommendation for this hotel is to provide wireless by the pool. We were lucky that our room was right by the pool and we could sporadically pick up a signal. I saw lots of people trying to use laptops at the pool and all gave up after awhile.

I highly recommend this hotel and if I ever come back to Ubud I will only stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EWR-NJ-traveler
Reviewed 20 June 2012

My partner & I stayed at the very beautiful and serene Komaneka at Monkey Forest Road, Ubud from 8th - 12th May 2012.
I was totally amazed at how much more relaxed I became while there.
Though we stayed in Legian for 10 days prior to our stay in Ubud, which was lovely,
it was a totally different atmosphere in Ubud. Totally serene.
It seems everthing was in slow motion.. even my walking seemed like slow motion!
I'm usually a very fast walker but found myself calling after my partner down the winding pathway to 'wait for me'.. It seem like time stood still. So quiet and peacefull, so serene & beautiful.
The Reception staff were so accommodating and welcomed us each time we left the hotel for a few hours to wander down Monkey Forest Road. They would say 'welcome home'.. which was just so lovely. The main young lady at Reception was just amazing. It really did feel so comfortable it felt like home staying there.
Always smiling & always ready to help with any questions or directions we were asked for.
Our room was exquisite.. I cannot begin to say. It was so very large overlooking a rice field. We had a beautiful balcony room and when we were shown our room when first arrived, we were delighted at the arrangement of red rose petals along with Frangipani's in a ig love heart shape on our gorgeous 4 poster bed..
We had a complimentary massage for 1 hour which was heaven on earth.
The 'cake' afternoon teas were scrumptious.. Around 3 - 5 each day we had tea and 'cake' by the pool. We also were given a lovely card from the Manager - Mike, with little photo's of all his staff on the front. The words inside were so lovely welcoming us to the resort along with 2 material bags with baths salts, massage oil and soap as a gift.
Upon our leaving the resort 5 days later, the Manager farewelled us and he was absolutely delightful - giving us more gifts.. two stunning scarves. I was really moved and it felt like we were leaving behind us long lost friends. I would most definately recommend this gorgeous resort to anyone who would like to be pampered (we all do) and treated like you were a member of the family. I have never stayed in a hotel which has impressed me so much as this hotel and their very happy staff. Even the gardeners would stop their work and stand up and smile to say hello.
I can't say enough - though i'd best stop before I start waffling on and on.
Justine & Murray - Perth WA

Room Tip: The room was a suite which they said was big enough to be turned into a 'family room' which they would be doing in the near future. It was around 80 sqm.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Justine M
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We have just returned from our fourth stay at komenaka and it was even better then the last.We were a family group of seven and everyone just loved it,the hotel is beautiful and very peaceful the staff are amazing and so friendly and helpful.We were offered an upgrade to the sister hotel across the road Rasa Sayang four of my family transferred over there and loved it also.The staff treat you like family and we were invited to a special ceremony held at the hotel temple which we will always remember.A special thank you to Yuli Niti and Dede and the rest of the staff', see you all in October.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank darcyColacVictoria
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This hotel is beautiful. We had a pool villa which was really special. The lady - Dewy - who showed us to our Villa was the sweetest. As were all the staff. We went there for three days as part of our honeymoon and loved this hotel. It's right in the hub of things and yet, set back a little off the street, the further you walk into the grounds the quieter it gets. Most of the accommodation is set towards the back facing out onto the jungle, which was really gorgeous and a great change from nusa dua.

We took advantage of the cookery class they offered which was really good fun. We also did a downhill cycle tour with Eco Bali tours, which the hotel helped us arrange, which i would really recommend. We saw a lot and had some amazing views - of the volcano and the paddy fields.

The only slight downside of this hotel was the breaskfast. It was very tasty but there was a slightly odd system where you had a choice of several four-course options. All of these came at once so you had cooked breakfast served with pastries and a fruit salad. While it was a generous amount, sometimes you didn't necessarily want all those four courses. Or not in that combination. It would make more sense to have a list of foods and ask people to pick 3 or 4. This is a very picky grumble though as everything was pretty spot on for a hotel in the hub.

If we went back i would try Mosaic restaurant. We had a bit of a tummy bug so had to cancel our reservations.

Great trip. Many thanks Komaneka.

Room Tip: Pool villas are lovely although you get a bit of jungle noise at night - which i liked!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple