My wife and I stayed for 3 nights at the Komaneka Monkey Forest property towards the end of April.
We stayed at the private pool villa facing rice fields and it offered every convenience one could think of or want in a property nested right in the center of Ubud town. However, being adjacent to the rice fields wasn't exactly a good thing, we realized. A huge rat invade our room right on the day we checked in. The staff was very responsive and got rid of the pest promptly but that didn't completely dispel the unpleasantness of the experience. Privacy was also a bit of an issue with little kids and local Balinese working in the paddy fields lurking on the fence and peeping through the hedges either out of pure curiosity or in the hope of catching couples in 'action'. Regardless, I found this to be quite irritating.
Prior to our stay here, we spent 3 nights at the Tanggayuda property so coming in from that experience, the Monkey Forest property was ever so slightly lower in the degree of luxury. Almost as if to emphasize the difference in the grade of their properties (Tanggayuda vs. Monkey Forest), the staff at Monkey Forest while gracious and hospitable, seemed a bit terse and tethered when compared to the awesome staff at the Tanggayuda.This property is all about location, with the colorful street stores, fabulous eateries, the local market and galleries right outside or a short walk away. This property also had a very good in-house art gallery (with supposedly one of the best art collections in Bali)
I found Komaneka Monkey Forest a bit over priced for what it had on offer. If I were to go again though, I would probably prefer to stay at Tanggayuda instead and do the short ride into town whenever I want to. That way, I can get the best of both worlds. Overall, I would recommend this property to those who want to stay at a good, quite, well equipped place in the center of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali