We were walk in customers looking for an upscale but affordable hotel right in Ubud. We were greeted with wamr welcome, and cool towels and refreshing drinks and happily shown a nice room. The hotel is right on the main strip in Ubud, but runs all the way back to a jungly ravine, so it's very green and quiet throughout.
We asked to stay for three nights, and by the first, we were begging for more (unfortunately they were full, but helped us find a nice room at one of their sister hotels). The room was spacious, with a nice desk area, window seats, a nice patio with comfortable lounge chair, in room safe, outdoor bathroom. The only thing lacking would be CD player/sound system. We could hear the room beside us at times, but they were unusually loud with their television I think... who else stays in a room in Bali and watches movie after movie on thier TV?
The pool is located at the back of the property by the ravine, and is the most quiet, unassuming, elegant pool you ever needed. Very nice salt water system that refreshes.
Breakfast is fantastic. DO have the french toast. It has raised all my french toast standards forever more. Maybe it was the warm fruit compote, the roasted bananas or perhaps the grilled fruit that came with it....? We didn't have any other meals there, because there are so many options to walk to from the hotel.
One cannot say enough about the staff at Komeneka. Their pride and professionalism is evident in everything they do. They all seemed to know us, and even sneaked in and made up the room when we were having breakfast. Amazing. No more wondering if they would come at at inconvenient time, or if it would be made up by the time you come back for a cool siesta mid-day. Very appreciated.
I felt very happy and comfortable at Komeneka. They treat you like family, only Royal Family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali