We stayed in Komaneka Monkey Forest for the first part of our honeymoon in Bali and overall it was our favourite stay, even if it was only for 2 nights. The location is excellent right in the heart of Ubud so you have easy access to the markets, restaurants and cultural attractions such as the traditional Balinese dance shows. The Hotel is small, but it has everything you need - helpful front desk, restaurant, pool, bar etc. It really feels like you have discovered a hidden gem and are experiencing the real Bali.
Couple of tips for Ubud make sure you go to the Dirty Duck restaurant - beautiful setting overlooking rice fields and great food, try and reserve a big bed rather than a table, I was a little jealous of others who got these! Also the Lotus Cafe near the Palace and market is amazing - you can see the temple from the restaurant and if you book a table around 7/ 7.30 you can see the dancing while you eat. I also wish we had done more trips from Ubud but we ran out of time before we travelled South - would have liked to have visited the Volcano, Hot Springs, Gilli Islands etc.
Back to Komeneka - the rooms are amazing, we just had a standard room but it was out of this world, four poster bed (flower arrangement every night), bedtime cultural readings left everynight, robes and slippers to use at night, hats and shopping bags to use in the day, fresh fruit and biscuits in your room, cute little terrace, the bathroom was amazing with a large sunken bath with rose petals when we arrive and an amazing outdoor shower.
Breakfast was lovely and they are happy to serve in your room - we had it on the terrace which was lovely. Complimentary afternoon tea was also a nice gesture which most hotels do. As honeymooners we also got a present each - two silk scarfs which was such a lovely thought. The hopitality is excellent and nothing is too much trouble for the friendly staff.
For a romantic, quiet, relaxing stay in paradise look no further than Komeneka. When you book your stay in Ubud make sure you know the distance into the centre because some hotels are quite far out and you have to get a shuttle bus which is not as convenient. We went on to stay at the Ubud Hanging Gardens - expensive but a once in your lifetime hotel in the mountains of Ubud - loved it but overall Komeneka is better value. We then when to Nusa Dua - Laguna Spa Resort &Hotel, which again was nice but a bit soul-less after Ubud.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Komaneka at Monkey Forest began as a residence for artists behind the prestigious Komaneka Gallery, specializing in fine contemporary Indonesian and Balinese art. Now recently renovated with luxurious suites, an infinity pool, open-air restaurant, spa, and pool villas, all in a lush garden with mature shade trees, this is a very special oasis. The resort's location on the Monkey Forest Road gives immediate access to the Ubud market and all the cultural activities of the Ubud palace, Puri Ubud, residence of Ubud's ruling family. At the other end of this bustling street, lined with restaurants and boutiques, is a sacred monkey forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Prestigia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Komaneka at Monkey Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Hotel Ubud
- Komaneka At Monkey Forest Ubud, Bali