“Awesome place, loved our stay”

Bali Spirit Hotel and Spa
Ranked #91 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Singapore, Singapore
“Awesome place, loved our stay”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Had a great experience, rooms were spacious, aesthetically very appealing. Restaurant had great breakfast options. This js also very close to the Ubud market, palace etc.

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed nearly five blissful weeks in this garden. Alone. I've read all the reviews and had done before I booked. And I can imagine, o.k, all of those horrible things happening, (my balcony was invaded by a massive swarm of bees one afternoon, but hey, they might get in the room below, call Reception, instant good fun!, managers and staff all over the place, roof-tiles removed, sprays spread, fingers, hands and necks stung, was I surprised?) BUT, when travelling, most of it is us, and if we try to be sweet, and sometimes we are really tired and it's tough, sweet comes round. These are good, meticulous people, if your traveled spirit has time, they'll listen. A class act!

Room Tip: Really, how important is it to you to shower outside, seriously? Upstairs, and stairs, you have a v...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank BrianfromAthens
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed for 3 nights recently. The hotel is out of town but there is a shuttle that you can book. The hotel is quiet and a bit on the old side. There is a construction site right on the river but didnt really bother us. Enjoyed the pool bar, pool staff were always friendly and in for a chat. Loved the breakfast and restaurant food was nice. We stayed in a river villa for four persons which was two storey with an outside bathroom. Were woken each morning by the roosters or geckos fighting. We received lovely gifts for our 20th wedding anniversary.

Room Tip: River Villas good location near pool but lots of steps.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lorraine W
Perth
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stayed 4 nights in an Emerald Room. The room was clean and well maintained. Bathroom is a touch small but not terrible. The bed was comfortable and the views from the balcony are fabulous. Mozzie coils are placed in the room by staff in the evening. The hotel grounds are beautiful and well maintained. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. I would not recommend the hotel for people that cannot handle stairs as being built on a hillside there are plenty. The swimming pool and swim up bar are very nice. Breakfast is adequate to kick start the day and is made fresh. We ate at the restaurant a couple of times and the menu and food was very good. There are also some good dining options within walking distance or a cab is cheap. The hotel provides a shuttle bus into Ubud centre. For the price that we paid for the room, we believe that the hotel represents excellent value. We had a very relaxing stay with some good friends who had stayed at the hotel before and we would return again also.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank stoffa
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2011

A lovely hotel. The staff were always helpful. The best hotel we stayed in Bali. It's very beautiful. Nothing bad about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah P
Perth
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Stayed eight nights at the bali Spirit hotel in Ubud and I must say it was a wonderful stay and I wished we could have stayed longer. My family and I were treated extremely well by all of the wonderful staff. We arrived a couple of hours before check in but were shown straight away to our room which was huge. We had a emerald room (211) it was extremely clean, the bathroom was large as was the balcony. The gardens are lovely and so is the pool which we had to ourselves a lot of the time. As other reviews say there are a lot of steps so maybe if you have mobility issues choose somewhere else but we thought they added to it's charm. We walked nearly every morning into Ubud which was a pleasant walk through village streets and the monkey forest.We also used the shuttle which ran frequently into Ubud. The breakfast is very tasty especially the banana pancakes, yum! A special thankyou to Agung our bartender at the swimup bar, we enjoyed our talks about Bali with him. Overall I wouldn"t hesitate to reccomend this hotel to anyone and we will be back.

Room Tip: Emerald ground floor rooms have lovely terraces
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank destiny92
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Perhaps I was spoiled after spending a fantastic 10 days in Puri Santarian in Sanur Beach but this hotel seemed like a real downgrade after that. The rooms were clean but I didn't like the bathroom being outdoors (sounds exotic but with mosquitos and bugs not so much fun). The steps weren't much fun either. I'm a relatively fit 35 year old, and I was out of breath finding my way back to my room. The first day I arrived I was very hungry and too tired to go into Ubud so I ordered room service. BIG MISTAKE. Food was horrible. Don't eat here. There are Warungs about 10 mins walking distance which are much better. I would have preferred to be closer to the centre of Ubud, even though the shuttlebus was regular and free. Also, don't be sucked in by buying tours to tradititional dances as you can just go yourself in the evenings in Ubud. The best bit of this hotel was probably the pool. Its in a real suntrap and its quiet enough to have a sunbathe in the morning before you go out and about. Staff were very friendly and helpful. however I would stay elsewhere if I came to Ubud again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo