Taman Harum Cottages
US$169
US$1,331
US$1,255
Travelocity
All reviewsfree shuttlethe cottagesrice fieldsdowntown ubudshuttle service isminute drivebedroom villamasharithorbalicarverculturestatuesbugspeaceasia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2011

Stayed for three nights,
Slightly miss sold by or booking agency, beaware this is not in Ubud but a good 20min away. There is a free shuttle bus, but if someone else has it tough luck and we visited in a quite period.
Everything looks a bit tatty, and needs some TLC. Rooms looked clean, but the floor was very dirty and had not been cleaned in a long time.
The food is overpriced and although edible thats about it. Eat in Ubud.
The staff whilst pleasant were not very attentive and seemed more interested in sitting down and chatting.
No Mosi nets. No Mosi Coil, No rice field view (only in Villa) from standard room.
Annoying repetitive music played all the time.
Overpriced attached gallery
Aircon is a plus
Free WIFI
It could be OK but they need to smarten things up a bit

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Keithcarol
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Hi everyone, I stayed at this Hotel 10+ years ago and have visited occasionally since for reasons described below. Basically you get what you pay for and I think that the prior reviews give you a good idea of what it is like. Remember that it is pretty economical and while 20min short of Ubud it is 20 min closer to the Airport so like lots of Aussies I will arrive late and will enjoy getting to bed 20 min earlier than would be the case for Ubud or a large hotel (but I will be out of Kuta). The next day I will take it easy and after the 2nd night move on.

But I have another reason for staying there. The owner, Mr Tantra has a true love of the carving of the area and the onsite gallery displays some of the best carving in Bali, sure there are many, many places to view carving and many will be cheaper but in his gallery you have a true represenation of the best of the local area carving, so wonder around the gallery several times while staying. If you fall in love with a piece buy it, as we did. I bought a piece 15 years ago for $US2000 and I enjoy it to this day. When I go back to Bali I like to call into Taman Harum and see if Mr Tantra is in residence, he is always very welcoming and has tea with us. He asks if the statue is in good condition (despite moving it around Australia from desert to coast) - it is. I note that many of the staff are still there from 15 years ago and they also remember us and are very welcoming.

Mr Tantra also owns "Bali Spirit" which is more upmarket and has a good setting ( he tends to direct me there) but he lives at Taman Harum where his wonderful carving collection resides.

Hope you all enjoy your stays and don't take any notice of my star ratings or the date, I won't be going back till July but had to put something there

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sapphire_beach
Reviewed 4 March 2011

This hotel is about 15 minutes drive from Ubud Central. Not to worry as they provide free ride to town and free pickup too.
Central of Ubud can be noisy so, if you are looking for a quiet place to stay, just hanging out with your family and friends, read book, swim in the pool, watch CD - then this is the place for you.
But, if you need to be constantly in touch with starbucks, walk to the ATM machine, spa, market etc - then please look for those hotels/inns at the monket forest street.
All in all, I enjoy my stay, the staffs are friendly, and for the best part - the hotel staff give me a bouquet of flower as a birthday gift. It was my birthday, when I stayed there. Well, that means a lot to me.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2011

We just stayed for a night and we love it except for the fact that it's quite far from the market or Ubud centre. Walking out of the hotel, you don't find so many things except wood carving galleries and several restaurants. Still, the room's nice, breakfast is so so (coffee's not so good) and staff is friendly.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

When we got to the Taman Harum Cottages we assumed we where close to Ubud town, we where very surprised to find we where a good 20 min by the free shuttle bus, that is only available on booking so if someone has booked for the day you are stuck at the hotel with nothing to do. With 2 boys aged 9 & 7 this is not so relaxing. Our rooms also flooded when it rained so we had 3 Balinese moping all the floors. Breakfast was average and not a rice field in site unless you travel 1 hour away.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family