I had Room 201 (part of a duplex) - located across the path from the reception area. It was two levels with a nice terrace on the 2nd floor. It overlooked rice fields on one side and the infinity pool on the other. The room had good air conditioning, a garden bathroom, lots of hot water and electronic mosquito repellent devices on each level.
There are 12 steep steps to the upper level which had a bed, sofa and TV and a beautiful comfortable terrace with table and chairs, sink and plantings. The lower level had the main bedroom, sitting area, small patio and front garden with two chairs. The included breakfast was good and the service was friendly.
Have the hotel pick you up at the airport as the property can be a little hard to find as it is off a busy street and you look like you are turing into an art gallery’s parking lot. Behind is this secluded, quiet, hospitable place bordered by rice fields. The cost of the airport transfer is comparable to taxi prices.
Lunches and dinners in the hotel restaurant were average. They are building a larger restaurant on the property and I hope the kitchen will improve. There is one computer for public use at 500 rupiah per minute. (about $3.50 per hour)
One afternoon, staff children had run of the pool so noise was a problem.
There is not a whole lot to walk to in the area - across the street is a mini-mart, ATM, moneychanger and place to buy sim cards. Mas is known for its woodworking, so there are small galleries up and down the main street. I didn’t find any restaurants within walking distance.
Thankfully, there is a free shuttle to/from Ubud which leaves you at the Tourist Office, in the center of town.
A staff member told me they are remodeling all the rooms - putting in bathrooms and air conditioning on the second level.
I would stay here again at the beginning or end of a trip as it is a quiet, comfortable place to unwind yet close enough to Ubud (15 minutes) to take advantage of its shopping and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the cool and breezy of the rice field, 17 traditional rooms and cottages are spread across the side of rice fields and lush tropical garden. In each, the Balinese architecture, décor, fine painting is of hotel standard while all the modern conveniences expected by the discerning international traveller are here. All are air-conditioned and have exotic garden bathrooms, convey the essence of the tropic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Taman Harum Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taman Harum Cottages Hotel Ubud
- Taman Harum Hotel
- Taman Harum Resort
- Taman Harum Cottages Ubud, Bali