Taman Harum Cottages
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfree shuttlethe cottagesrice fieldsdowntown ubudshuttle service isminute drivebedroom villamasharithorbalicarverculturestatuesbugspeaceasia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I took the Honeymoon package at Taman Harum Cottages (on August 2013). The price is reasonable with a lot of activities (incl. one day tour, watching the traditional dance, free pick up all day/night within Ubud Area, free massage, free learning Balinese traditional music, candle light dinner on the balcony etc).

The room was beautiful and spacious. The crafted furniture were gorgeous. very Balinese. And the breakfast were superb!

Room Tip: My bathroom was the outdoor type of bathroom, so make sure the door is fully closed during the night to avoid the mosquitos.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nadhnadira
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at the Taman Harum Cottages in March of 2013. The rooms were beautiful and spacious. The furniture and even the buidlings themselves were gorgeous and made us really feel like we were immersed in the Balinese Culture. My 3 young children enjoyed the pool and all its fountains as well. We ate breakfast every morning at the hotel restaurant and were always pleased with our meal. The prices were very reasonable too. Our daughter turned 5 during our stay and the staff was kind enough to serve cake with candles and sang to her as well. They were happy to drive us to different locations whenever we asked and assisted my husband with a quiet workspace with Wifi for an important phone conference for his job. They were so sweet. The best part came after we left. Our son left behind a treasured teddy bear that he had had since birth. I finally thought to email the hotel to look for it about a month after our trip. Believe it or not, the staff had saved it and said they thought it looked loved and someone would be looking for it! How kind! They even mailed it back to us not once but two times! The first time we were out of town when the package arrived and the Australian Post sent it back to Bali. The incredibly generous and kind staff at the Taman Harum sent it back to us again. Now my son and his teddy are reunited. The thoughtfulness of the staff at the Taman Harum continued long after our stay with them was over. I'd highly recommend this hotel for your next holiday in Bali!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Krisina S
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in Bali. For a reasonable price, you get to stay in a lovely landscaped hotel, reminiscent to the old Balinese architecture, it almost makes you feel like staying in a palace environment. The moment we arrived, we were greeted with smiles from the front desk and were welcomed with drinks on a hot sunny day. I loved the privacy each room brings as each unit is spaced reasonably that any noise from other guests wouldn't be easily heard. Isn't this just perfect for couples on honeymoon?

Breakfast choice may be a little limited, but I have no complaints in this department as the food is freshly prepared when you order. Oh by the way, having breakfast overlooking the paddy fields definitely brings more joy to an early start.

The hotel however, is a little out of the way from central Ubud, depending on how you look at it - Some love the privacy and quietness, some prefer to stay in the central area. The hotel must have recognized that this would inconvenience guests trying to get to Central Ubud on their own, that they offer a FREE shuttle service to & from Hotel. Meaning, you tell the driver where you want to go in Ubud and he will drop you there. Finished shopping or sightseeing? Call the hotel to wait for the shuttle pick-up. It's FREE when it's in Central Ubud though.

In short, I loved the landscape, architecture & ambiance this place brings and to top it off in an exclusive private environment, makes this hotel one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wtchuah
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed at Taman Harum on 23 to 26 Oct. As I arrived at night, all I could see were trees and hearing crickets. It was like going into a night safari. When they show me the room which was on the second storey ( there 3 rooms on the same floor) , each doors were uniquely craved and colored. My room ( deluxe ) was spacious and so is the bath room. They even have a clothes rack in the bath room incase you need to dry up some wet laundry and a dressing table. The only thing about the bathroom is that the water from the shower is a little weak and on the whole needs some maintaining. I had a better view of the surrounding in the next morning and i must say i do like the quiet n peaceful surrounding. I have also tried the food ( other than the breakfast which is included) in the hotel restaurant and it was good . Yes , the hotel is outskirts of ubud centre but they provide good and free shuttle service . Arrangement is flexible and I have no problem asking the staff to bring me to and fro. The hotel staffs are indeed friendly and warm
On the whole, my stay at TH has been wonderful .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank wongjo
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were 2 families of teenage children and loved our stay at this very friendly hotel. From the moment we checked in the staff were attentive. They couldn't do enough for us. From the gardeners to the restaurant staff, everyone greeted us with a smile. We stayed in the new Villas, which were very cheap and beautiful. The villas had one king bed with en-suite and upstairs another either double bed or 2 single beds with a smaller en-suite and terrace, as well as a sitting area with TV downstairs. The grounds were beautiful with little seating areas scattered around that allowed our large group to sit and talk. The pool was small but nice. A pool table in the restaurant was a nice touch for our teenage children. As this was the end of our holiday, we left the children at the hotel one night knowing that the wonderful staff were watching over them. Best of all was the free shuttle service on call until 10pm. The Spa offered great massages as well. We would very happily come back here again if only to sleep in the amazingly comfortable beds!

Room Tip: If travelling as a family, try the new Villas
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family