I stayed here over New Year with my husband and two young children. We were very pleased with the facilities and service, especially for the price. The hotel has beautiful grounds full of trees, birds, and old Balinese details. My kids enjoyed watching the wood carvers at work in the hotel gallery. The pool is small but big enough to cool off and play a bit, and it never seemed crowded while we were there. The grounds were big enough that our kids had fun exploring them, but small enough that we didn't worry if they wandered off for a while. Our room was large and bright, with a nice little table on the patio where we ate some of our meals. Like others, we found the bathroom less than ideal, but it certainly didn't ruin the trip. It did get quite buggy--nothing like getting bit in your nether regions while using the toilet in the middle of the night--but it wasn't a big deal for us. The restaurant was hit and miss, with some meals being quite good and others just okay. The prices are very reasonable, though. And a few times we ordered food from a restaurant in Ubud and had it delivered, with the hotel helpfully placing the order for us and giving the restaurant directions.
What really made it a good experience for us was that great staff. They were extremely helpful with everything we needed, and we took advantage of the free shuttle into town. I think it was the time of year, but we did find a lot of traffic getting back to the hotel in the afternoon. Several times, we had arranged for the hotel car to pick us up in town, only to be left waiting for 20-30 minutes. As we didn't have an international cell phone, that was a problem--but I gather that is not common year round. At any rate, the staff learned our children's names, and the fact that it is a small hotel gave it a warm, familial feeling. We were a bit sad to leave and would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the cool and breezy of the rice field, 17 traditional rooms and cottages are spread across the side of rice fields and lush tropical garden. In each, the Balinese architecture, décor, fine painting is of hotel standard while all the modern conveniences expected by the discerning international traveller are here. All are air-conditioned and have exotic garden bathrooms, convey the essence of the tropic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Taman Harum Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taman Harum Cottages Hotel Ubud
- Taman Harum Hotel
- Taman Harum Resort
- Taman Harum Cottages Ubud, Bali