We stayed here as part of an Intrepid tour in Jan/Feb 2011. I had read some reviews beforehand so knew to ask for the brick built rooms, ie. not the thatched roof room as apparently they come with um.. visitors!
We were given a nice room on the second floor with a lovely balcony over looking the pool.. the room itself was decent enough.. traditional balinese wooden design , fairly dark. The "bathroom" as in most budget places was a toilet with the "one hose does all" job..not spiffy clean but not dirty either.. manageable Lol! the sinks etc are in the bedroom which means you can get some cockroaches so dont leave stuff lying around. Im used to budget accommodation as Ive done lots of tours but I came here directly from Bali Hyatt in Sanur so it was a bit of an adjustment! And some friends that stayed in the thatched roof rooms did have some droppings etc on their beds when they returned out from the um visitors that live in the roofs! That said the staff were lovely, the grounds are beautiful and the pool is good size and perfect for chilling out. The location is great, smack bang in the centre of Ubud which is a great place, lively with lots of great art for sale and some really good restaurants to boot. And there is a beautiful hilltop walk that must be done,followed by a fish pedicure! Try Kafe if you are in the mood for healthy homecooked food.. they do "raw" options here and great for vegans/vegetarians. the food is top quality and its a really nice place to just sit and watch the world pass by. The staff are all kids from the cartering school next door.
And you should definitely buy the lovely incense they sell here.. especially the "bugs away" one which came in very handy throughout our trip in Bali/Lombok.
We stayed one more night in Artini on the way home and were given the stone bungalows..such a difference! The rooms are genuinely lovely ..again theyre not maintained as well as they should, its the norm unfortunately in Bali things like peeling paint, damp patches etc.. however the room was huge with a massive bed, tv, fridge, dvd player and enormous bathroom.
If youre looking for 5 star modern accommdation then this isnt the place for you.. to be blunt maybe Bali isnt the place for you! But these rooms do the trick and as long as youre not too fussy theyre fine, location for me being most important with nice staff and food to follow and gorgeous grounds. Yes the rooms are a bit hit and miss but that kinda adds to the charm of the place.. nothing better than sitting on a rickety balcony overlooking the pool with a cool beer and listening to the family in the house next door get ready for dinner!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer 26 rooms, which are classified into 3 types with different facilities, all prioritizing comfort and beauty. Each room is designed in a typical Balinese architectural style and has its own private balcony where you can sit down and chat, read or just relax and enjoy the beautiful panorama of the tropical garden. Enjoy your holiday in total comfort and harmony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Artini 2 Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Artini 2 Cottages Hotel Ubud
- Artini 2 Hotel
- Artini 2 Resort
- Artini 2 Cottages Ubud, Bali