De Munut Balinese Resort & Spa
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspool areas were beautifulwarung mendezplenty of sunbedsshort walkupstairs roomrainfall showerthe main streetlush vegetationrelaxing place to staybeautiful roomcentral ubudgili islandsaway from the hustle and bustlebusy roadbanana pancakessuperior roombreakfast was included
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Yesterday I returned to Australia after spending 9 nights at the De Munut Balinese Resort. I've been to Bali ten times over the past 8 years and have stayed at about 20 different resorts there.

This is what I experienced: Easy check-in and out. Friendly, and genuine plus prompt service. Everything was ready and waiting as per our pre-check-in arrangements. I was picked up from the airport on time and the driver was very professional and friendly. I also utilised another driver connected to the hotel who was also exceptional. Everyone was easy to understand and their English was pretty good. They organised the rental of a scooter and it was sitting waiting upon my arrival.

The breakfasts were lovely - not a huge range, but certainly well sufficient for me and I looked forward to the banana pancakes, although the omelets and scrambled eggs were also good. My breakfast was mostly made up of a plate sized banana pancake, French Toast (with honey) and either a mixed plate of fruit of a freshly juiced mixed juice. I must admit that I love the Bali coffee and at this resort I found that they changed the coffee regularly so that you had minimal coffee sludge accumulating at the bottom of the cup.

I loved my room - it was spacious, clean with a good sized front balcony and a lovely outdoor bathroom complete with a truly outdoor shower. Hot water was really quick and steady. The bed was king size and for me, very comfortable. There were mouisquito netting on the bed, but I did not need these.

The grounds were immaculate and kept in an old fashioned Balinese manner complete with water features and statues everywhere. There were two swimming pools which were clean and inviting.

I had a very good foot massage and customers told me that they had enjoyed hot stone massages and Balinese massage treatments.

The location was excellent for me - just a short way into Ubud. There were 6 good restaurants within a 30 second walk. Plus an excellent beauty salon just around the corner. It was pretty quiet - the noisiest part was late afternoon when the very large birds (macaws etc) at a museum across the road would become excited before they went to bed.

I was made to feel special - not just a number. I've stayed in many resorts where a blank face greets you, the staff here were different and responded enormously to a simple smile. I thank them for their kindness and assistance.

Room Tip: There are new rooms at the back which apparently are amazing and just a little more than the room I had. I also saw comparable rooms to mine, but they did not have the outdoor bathroom which I adored. So there is a fairly good choice depending upon your needs. They also had ground floor and first floor units (mine was a first floor). If you have mobility problems, then I'd advise a ground floor unit.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Great rooms, polite staff. lovely pools. We stayed for 3 night in De Munut Bungalow and loved every minute. Being situated away from the centre of Ubud was great, just a short walk to Monkey Forest Rd and some great restaurants. Kardika the driver who works from de Munut is fantastic as well, if you want to go on tour any where around Bali i recommend using him. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank WanderingFeet_Claire
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed in De Munut in May 2012, and simply loved it. I enjoyed relaxing by the pool, the nice and well looked after garden. The staff was very nice, friendly and efficient. A great place to stay, close enough to the center of Ubud so that you can walk there, and far enough so that you can be in a nice garden, even enjoy the view on a little rice paddy, and relax in a quiet place. The massages were very nice as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Yasmin S
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Beautiful room and grounds and fantastic value for money. Bathrooms felt very luxurious with their part outdoors plan, but remaining completely private. I loved showering whilst listening to the sounds of the wildlife around us.
Staff very friendly and situated a small walk or very cheap taxi ride to the main street. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hannah R
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Beautiful tranquil rooms, close to Ubud. Lovely friendly staff and a good if basic breakfast. The little lizards in the rooms are an interesting feature :) I especially loved the outdoor bathroom. The Balinese massage is very rough though, and I was left with bruises!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends