“Basic”

De Munut Balinese Resort & Spa
Ranked #103 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The rooms are too basic.
The ac does not work properly, the bathroom are outside the room and without roof, so you can meet a monkey anytime.
There are two separate swimming pools, I must say that there are very nice.
The breakfast was poor, and the staff normal.
The location is not so bad but a little difficult to access.
I´m sure we are not coming back there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My friend and I stayed here in December, 2013. It was lush and felt very tranquil. The rooms were large for two people and included an electric hot water kettle (made me very happy) and a mini fridge along with sufficient counter desk space for two people, plenty of closet clothes organizing space too. I loved the bathrooms. They were outdoor indoor masterpieces in my opinion. I want to live somewhere in which my bathroom can permanently be outdoor/indoor. You do need to keep the bathroom door closed though from the bedroom/living area unless you want to let insects, and amphibians in. Our first room overlooked the rear pool and was extraordinary for the price I thought. Our second room didn't overlook a pool but was very nice for the one night that we were in it. Personally I would request a ground floor room facing a pool. To me it made a difference. I encourage you to get a massage here too. They are very affordable and I had one every day. The breakfast that was included lacked sufficient variety in my opinion, but was very very good. The fruit smoothies and sliced fresh fruit were delicious!!! I also thought the location was perfect it was outside of downtown Ubid but downtown was accessible on foot or by taxi from the resort. Resort also makes it seem very large and expansive which it is not. It is more like a boutique hotel to me. I would say if something could be improved upon it would be the genuine friendliness of the front desk staff. They seemed just a little chilly to me. I would highly recommend that you stay here though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor overlooking the back pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is our second stay in The Munut, 3 years ago we stayed here for 5 nights. We were happy to stay here at the time, but now it's een better. The rooms are renovated and there is a second pool. Enough comfortable loungers by te pools, wich was important, because of Nyepi (silent day, nobody can leave the resort). We planned to stay here for only 4 nights, but it became 7 because we really enjoyed our stay here. Very comfortable big bed, big and nice open air bathroom, good working airco, minifridge, nice terras with sofa. Really, this place has it all. It is 15 min walk from Ubud Centre, but we hired a motorbike for the whole week at 50000 rupie/day (3€). Very easy to do short trips and explore the area. You can rent them in the resort.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

we went there mid febuary 14. on arrival we were told that they are upgrading their restaurant and it will be a little bit noisy... not really the first thing you would like to here upon arrivial. however, we were given a room upgrade and due to the ongoing work their will be breakfast brought to our room every morning.
the resort is quit small(not a bad thing if you want to relax), with two nice pools and very green surroundings. if you are looking for more privacy i recommend an upstairs room, which offers great views over the resort fence for breakfast on the balcony. the only downside of the stay were the dirty bed sheets. but we just asked for additional sheets to cover the matraze. after 3 days the room service learned about our wish and put an extra sheet on the bed by themselves. afterall it was a very pleasent stay, with friendly and helpful staff and an relaxing athomsphere.

the resort is about 15 min walking distance out of ubud centre; i recommend to rent a scooter to get around (personally i think thats the one and only way to get around in bali, if you don't wanna spent time sitting in the car for hours while waiting for the traffic to go on)
leaving the resort to your right, following the street for about 150 meters, you will find a small shop on the left with those petrol bottles in front. we rented our scooter(almost new, just ~1700km old) for 50.000 rp a day. better than what the reception organized for us...

so if you are on a budget yet want to have a pleasent stay to relax, give it a try...

Room Tip: upstairs rooms offer nice views
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank spumasi
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a suite room which had an outdoor shower, a very different experience.
Location wise it is a bit far walking distance from the main Ubud market area but taxis is around $3 which isn't that bad.

The room is very clean, a bit dark and wifi wasn't that strong in the room.Clean nice pool. Recommend upstairs room near the pool.

Got free breakfast every morning which is okay for that price but do not expect full buffet.Massage at the resort is good, with reasonable price.

Staff at the resort are really nice and helpful :)

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

This place was great with 2 pools, our room was large and comfortable with TV, air con, fan, comfy big bed. We asked for upstairs room and got a great view off our 2 balconies. The grounds are well maintained and breakfast perfect choices. Its a short walk to Ubud chaos or a $3 taxi fare. Squirrels played in the trees and geckos on the walls. Paddy field next door, oh and the walk on the road is fine, just freaky when you first go out but everyone just manages to go around you. Love Bali and this was a fantastic place to start.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank moaiisle
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed 2 nights from Oct 22, its a nice place to stay, Outside bathroom was excellent. The 2 pools are also good, but staffs are not friendly. Breakfast dint have much choice, need to walk 10 minutes for shopping areas. Air-con have also problem, not cold in our room. i stayed in the first floor room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple