Just visited this property few days ago and had a great time, my review as follows:
1) Location: On the main road, same row as kupu kupu resort which overlook the river ayung and mountains. About 15 minutes drive to the centre of ubud town. What is nice about the location is that it is very private and exclusive. The entrance to the resort is nice and classy. Saw a few shops outside the resort but didnt had the chance to walk out of the resort as we have our own driver. Overall, not too far from the centre yet so private and quiet with gorgeous view.
2) Check In & the resort in general:
Check in was very fast. The resort ground is quite huge, with private garden and 2 pools. Very good first impression as we arrive and walk to our room.
3) Deluxe Room
We had the deluxe room. It is very spacious and very nice. The bathroom is also very huge with rainshower and bath. Room is clean and classy. The deluxe room can easily qualify as an exec room or junior suite in my opinion. One minor complain - they should change the current tv to flat screen tv. The deluxe room overlook the garden.
4) Free evening hi-tea
Being informed during check in, there's complimentary evening hi tea at the restaurant. The restaurant overlook the river ayung which is nice actually. I find it very relaxing. Our hi-tea was 3 pieces of fried banana with grated cheese & choice of coffee or tea. Portions for hi-tea i would say is very good.
The breakfast comes in a selections of a few sets to choose. Had the local set, comes with mee goreng, omelet and choice of coffee or tea. The breakfast tasted ok but i wish there's more to it/bigger portion. Maybe for improvement, the resort can maintain its current breakfast set selection but add a basket of pastries or toast with jam/butter irregardless of whichever set the customer choose. I believe this will made the breakfast look better and guest will feel more satisfied. After all, few pieces of bread/pastries wont be that costly.
6) Swimming Pool
There's 2 pools, one of it almost an infinity pool but it isnt. I would say for a 10 rooms property, the pool size is good. Only missing is i dont see any pool towel available. So we had to use the towels provided in the room. As a suggestion, maybe just put extra 2 towels in the room for pool usage. This is easier and more practicable than having to have a pool towel attendance.
7) Wifi & Staffs
Wifi signal is very strong in the room and outside the room. Resort staff is very friendly overall.
Hotel also has free shuttle to ubud centre. However, cant comment much on it as we didnt use it.
Overall, for the price this property charges, it is really worth it. I had a good time at this resort. It is comfortable, relaxing and stress free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puri Bunga Resort and Spa is located in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia. It offers ten suites, all of which have air-conditioner, cable TV, and Internet connection. Some of its amenities include spa and massage service, swimming pool, yoga class, and free use of mountain bike. While staying here, you can visit some interesting places like Antonio Blanco Museum, Monkey Forest, and Basakih Temple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Puri Bunga Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Bunga Hotel Ubud
- Puri Bunga Village Ubud
- Puri Bunga Resort And Spa Ubud, Bali