“Bali Paradise”

Ranked #21 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
manchester
“Bali Paradise”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Loved our stay here, set just far enough out of the centre of Ubud to be quiet but an easy 15 to 20 minute walk in, or use the regular shuttle bus from the hotel. The views of the surrounding rice fields from the rooms are stunning and the grounds of the hotel are gorgeous. The staff were really friendly and helpful and we enjoyed our breakfast every day overlooking the views. Super comfy beds and great bathroom, delicious food in stunning surroundings, would love to go back someday!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floor for the best views of the rice fields.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed here with my now fiancé. This resort really made our first holiday to Bali perfect. To say the staff were amazing is an understatement!! Every was so friendly and kind.
Was upgraded to the Honeymoon suite for the first 2 nights, complete free of charge.
We had the private dinner out in the rice fields which was again, perfect. Our waiter was beyond helpful to the point we gave him the equitant of $20 AUD tip which brought tears to his eyes. Meals were fantastic, and had the best breakfast I’ve ever had. A real culture experience, with no TVs nor radios. It was just what we wanted on our trip to Bali. Could not rate this place high enough, recommend anyone to stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fritter123
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a lovely hotel set in the paddy fields just north of Ubud. We stayed in a lovely rice terrace room which was huge with an amazing sunken bath in the ensuite bathroom. I loved the beds (felt cocooned inside the cotton drapes). They served afternoon tea at 3.30pm and we also joined a rice paddy walk which was great. Breakfast was excellent and the view pretty unbeatable!! You get the best of both worlds as the hotel is peaceful, but will shuttle you into Ubud if you want to shop / eat / visit art museums / see Balinese dancing etc. all the staff were very friendly and helpful - faultless. My favourite thing was the cooking lesson - which was great fun and very tasty (we got a lot of help!).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This place is wonderful. The staff were so welcoming and kind. We stayed in the Terrace Villa with a pool overlooking the rice fields. The villa was large, nice, and private. The outdoor shower was beautiful. We loved the food and the staff paid great attention to detail. I am gluten free and they made gluten free bread everyday for me and remembered at every meal that I could not eat anything with wheat. We went on their rice walk which was great, a traditional dance ceremony with dinner held at the hotel, and visited the elephant park about 45 minutes away. We also enjoyed walking up the road to see small villages and temples and explore a bit on our own. Ubud is amazing and has a great market and the resort makes it very easy to get a shuttle in and out of town. We would definitely go back here.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the villas with a pool as they are the most private. Other reviewers me...
Singapore
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had high expectations from the tripadvisor reviews. The place itself is very pretty but our two bedroom villa was designed without any thought for comfort and function.

There is no sound privacy. Also, the downstairs bathroom has doors with top-to-bottom louvres which face towards the bed so when I was ill, my daughter was awakened by the sound of my retching. How awful! The upstairs bath is quite dangerous, with polished marble or granite which gets wet very easily from the shower. The overall lighting, especially reading lights, were also very bad. There is no living area for the family to sit around and chat after dinner. The doors had to be kept closed because people walking past can see right in, so we did not enjoy the garden outside. All very thoughtless.

The overall quality of the finish is cheap. It feels as if the owner wanted a luxury resort but did not want to pay for the details. Our villa was the first one on the right as you walk from the lobby towards the rooms.

Service was good, though. Staff were lovely.

I won't stay here again only because I know of so many places which are much better and cost less. At the rates they charge, even on Agoda specials, I would have expected more. As someone who lived in Bali for two years and have visited Ubud countless times in the past 14 years, staying in some spectacular hotels, I really, really don't get all the glowing reviews for this place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank MichelleSin
Bay of Plenty Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights here at the end of our 10 night stay in Bali. We had booked a lanai rice terrace room but were upgraded to a Terrace Villa with pool, it was just beautiful! The room and pool were just as they look in the photos, stunning views and just charming inside. They like to encourage their guests to return so they try and upgrade where possible. We were in the downstairs room, if you prefer more privacy I would suggest you request an upstairs room as guests walk past the front of your room on the way to theirs, however we never had any issues with this and did not see the other guests upstairs, we heard them on occasion. No TV or radio here it was bliss. We ventured down to the main pool area and there was hardly anyone ever there either. We took a yoga class at the yoga room they have at the resort, this was almost like hot yoga with the big windows open but certainly an experience. On our last day we had a couples massage at the spa which was lovely, we were even allowed the room for an hour after to shower and change to prepare for our evening flight.
The restaurant they have on site is amazing, I am gluten free and they had freshly baked gluten free breads and croissants every morning as part of the three course brekkie. They were so lovely and even when it was outside of the lunch or dinner hours they did not hesitate to prepare a meal for us, beautiful food and views! Shuttle bus had aircon and takes you down to the village for shopping every hour also. Just take note of what the car looks like as there are many others similar and we missed our ride once and had to get a taxi that charged us much more than was fair.This really was a wonderful resort and we would love to come back.

Room Tip: Request upstairs in the terrace villa with pool rooms for more privacy
Epsom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

A basic function of any decent hotel is to get its booking system correct. Having booked and paid for a Lanai Terrace room complete with double bed and views over the rice fields months ago I was really expecting that would be what I got.

Instead, after an elaborate welcome and a tour of the grounds walking past many rooms with a terrace we retraced our steps and turned into a terrace enclosed by a brick wall and a room with hardly any natural light, which wasn't a Lanai Terrace room at all.

Only when I complained and after much discussion did I finally work out that they were overbooked.

I won't bore readers with the rest of the details except to say it soured our experience with the hotel even though we were moved to a Lanai terrace room with TWIN beds the following day.

This raises several questions.

How could they possibly overbook in the first place?

When did they discover they were overbooked?

When they discovered they were overbooked, why didn't they contact my travel agent so we could make alternative arrangements? There are, after all, plenty of hotels in Ubud.

Why didn't they tell me when I checked in that they were overbooked instead of letting me find out for myself when we reached the room?

And finally if I hadn't complained would they have ignored the whole thing?

Otherwise the hotel is quite nice but frankly not nice enough to be worth the aggravation if you don't get the room you paid for.

Room Tip: Double check you are getting the room you paid for.
3 Thank THFC1882Epsom