“very good”

Ranked #18 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
japan
“very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

wonderful stay and excellent service. this hotel is near the rice field. very silent hotel. we didnt need A/C. the spa was really awesome. 10mins to Ubud center by car. the trance port is not free. arrogant response of a male staff was the only problem. perhaps he will change customer service attitude to see people.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yujiballs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Last July was my first time in Bali and I loved it. I was really in a typical balinese hotel that showed us their culture and tradition. Thanks to all the staff in Wapa di Ume for being so kind and welcoming. I felt like home. The room we had, me and my friend during our stay, was beautiful, it was huge and we had a gorgeous view on the rice fields. Besides, the food was delicious especially their Nasi Goreng (the best I ever had!!!). The location is great, you have a lot of activities around such as rafting, cycling, sea walking. I know they are extending their property, so it will become even more beautiful. Next time, I will for sure stay there again. Wapa di Ume is really the place to go if you want to discover balinese culture and relax as well. I really recommend it!!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Apolline F
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We recently had 6 nights at Wapa Di Ume & loved it. What a stunning location close to Ubud but far enough away to enjoy the peace & beauty of the rice paddies. The service in all areas of the resort was exceptional. The food was lovely, our room - perfect. We loved the afternoon tea high up above the restaurant. My only critique was the building noise accross the river... but that's probably unavoidable & not too intrusive. The burning off of their rubbish could have been avoided & caused nasty smoke at the pool side now & then. We tried the yoga & while the teacher was sweet & well intentioned I'm not sure it would have been too safe practice for inexperience Yogini's? But they are small matters in an otherwise perfect Ubud escape. We'll be back - hopefully soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

lovely atmosphere. Good place for rest after doing the sights in ubud. Restaurant was pricey for food. Drinks where well priced. Had full gluten free menu which was awesome for breakfast.

Lovely area. Good free events run by them. Great view

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view. lovely atmosphere.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I went to visited this resort with my friend, which I had a chance to experience Bail the first time in my life. One word that I need to say is "It is amazing" because of the relaxation atmosphere. The outstanding thing for this resort is the service. I enjoy the breakfast there so much and the staffs are so friendly. Thing that I really enjoy is Mie Goreng, it is the best Mie Goreng in Bail! Moreover, there is cooking class and yoga class too. I am glad that I made a decision to stay in this resort. No comment, just it is amazing!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nuntipark
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed 3 nights in the 2 bedroom villa with private pool. The resort is very nice and the private pool so refreshing after a day of touring. The service was outstanding and the room was very clean. I thought our breakfast was the best on our trip and they even provided wonderful gluten free bread.

The villa concept is a little different as the 2 rooms are connected by an outdoor stairs. I think if I had small children I would have not been comfortable having them sleep in a room on their own. The outdoor bathroom concept, which is so popular in Bali, did freak my adult daughter out when we open the door and a frog greeted us. I gave her the upstairs king bedroom with the enclosed bathroom and my husband and I took the 2 queen beds on the first floor. After freeing the frog I did not see any other visitors to our bathroom which was extremely nice with a huge shower and very deep tub.

Our villa looked out over the rice paddies which was so peaceful and beautiful. I had read reports of the noise level at the hotel since they are building next doors. I can see that this would be a disappointment if you had one of the rooms by the pool/spa which is where they are building. The 2 bedroom villa is nearer to the front office so noise was not an issue. I never heard any road noise.

I'm glad we were a short distance outside of town (5min). The traffic in town can get old and I enjoyed seeing nature right outside my door. The only area they could improve is to offer shuttle service every 30 min instead of every hour. Although the general manager personally drove us into town one night when we missed the shuttle. He would not accept any money. As I said, the service was outstanding. The hotel also offered a free massage which my husband said was very nice.

I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again if I return to Bali.

Room Tip: I would not stay near the pool/spa until the building is completed next door. Stay in the villas wit...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Albury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Wow! Everything about this hotel is absolutely breathtaking. The oasis, split-level pool, the hot oasis jacuuzi, clean rooms, delicious breakfast, metre deep bath tubs! The only problem is that the Spa which is part of the resort is quite expensive in comparison to other spa's provided in Ubud. We travelled in a group of 4 girls all around the age of 20 & it was our 'detox' from a week in Kuta before we went back to Seminyak. it was great. However, there are no TV's either, but that wasn't a problem. Make sure you bring plenty of insect repellent as the mosquito's from the rice paddy's definitely bite!

Room Tip: We had a Rice Terrace Villa & it was lovely. We went in the quiet season, so there was absolutel...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends