“The best guesthouse in Ubud!”

and 1 more site!
Gerhana Sari 2 Hotel
Ranked #11 of 523 Ubud B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“The best guesthouse in Ubud!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

This really is the nicest place I have stayed at not only in Ubud but in general!
The two young brothers run it with so much love & enthusiasm, keeping it spotlessly clean and looking after their guests with so much care & attention.
I stayed there for 2.5 weeks and felt like I was at home basically. They helped me with any information I needed, organised booking a trip for me, always friendly & ready to help - the kindest, most gentle people I've ever had the privilege to stay with.

They offer a lovely breakfast, which is brought to your front porch & they make the nicest omletes ever!! You must try them.
And they'd go to the fruit market every day at 6am so they can always offer fresh fruit to their guests & when I moved from a room on the 1st floor to the ground floor, I was bit scared of the little ghekos outside (which are absolutely everywhere here) & they immediately organised to put some nets on the few ornated little windows, so I can feel comfortable & now I've been in Ubud for nearly a month, I know no one in Bali does this for you as ghekos are believed to bring luck & nobody really cares that you're scared of them.

The location is also prefect, right next to nice restaurants (lots to choose from), if you go for yoga, like me, the yoga barn is only 10mins walk. I would recommend the two rooms on the upper floor but the only difference is the view basically, they are all nice. And because the place is at the end of a little alleyway, it's peaceful & quiet.

I also want to mention that this is the best place if you are solo traveller as then you never really feel alone when you get back, you are well looked after and there's always a friendly face for a little chat should you want it, even if you get back late. Thank you guys for a wonderful stay - I can't wait to be back!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank G_ergana2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here with 2 friends in September and the place is amazing. The owner met us at the main road even though we arrived at midnight and had tea ready for us upon arrival. the breakfast, which was unexpected, was fantastic, and the rooms were very spacious, clean and secure. The location was fantastic, on the main area in Ubud and close to the monkey sanctuary. The staff were so friendly and accommodating and the atmosphere was brilliant. Couldn't recommend this place enough, especially at the bargain price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

This is a small place, with personalized treatement to it's guests. In monkey forest street, on a small street on the right, you'll find a beautifull garden, with a small building far from the noise of the main street. Our room was very big (more than enough for a couple), with good bathroom and hot water. No AC but a very good fan on the ceiling is more than enough.
The breakfast is served on the balcony, outside, and you can just choose from omelete, pancacke and jafle (banana toast). It's not much but it's a family based business, and only two people doing all the work (cooking, cleaning). Eventhough, there' always available hot water for tea or coffee.
They also suply during the night mosquito repelent and incense for the balcony.
Everything is always clean, the guys are very very nice and friendly, and our stay was very very good. I would comeback anytime, you're in center Ubud and you don't even realize it, when you want to sleep.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DanyAboim
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 December 2013

So you walk down this little alleyway just off monkey road not really sure what awaits you and then after 40 meters or so you're in this little peaceful oasis.The super friendly staff greet you with a genuine smile and before you know it you're sitting on the terrace outside your room having a coffee and enjoying the lovingly maintained garden. They've already laid out tea/coffee and a hot thermos for you to help yourself and there on the table a piece of paper with the wifi code, its just totally stressfree. You really can come and go as you please and if you need anything there was always someone around to answer your queries. rooms where spotless and tastefully decorated, breakfast was yummy. very reasonably priced and in a prime location. Save yourself alot of time on the internet jumping from site to site searching for a place. if this is your price range for a room I don't see how you could do better. Enjoy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank jonnyalways
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Nice quiet little family-owned place from all the monkey forest road noises. Really nice simple, tidy but big room and toilet. Owners were really nice and friendly. Breakfast was brought to our terrace every morning and there are always hot water available for tea or coffee. Loved this place, would definitely recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We found this place after searching around trip advisor it only had 5 reviews but we thought we'd just give it a shot. It is lovely close to most things on monkey road and yet so peaceful in a small garden, the guys who run it are friendly without trying to hard and ask you what you want for breakfast. They have more modern rooms but I would recommend the fan bungalows they are so nice with a lovely porch area. Sleeping was easy and every night they light a mosquito repellent outside your bungalow. The bathroom has a small pond in and is outside but very private and the shower was lovely. I will admit however it was hard to find as it's down a small alleyway. It's just after an alfamart in the right hand side if your heading up monkey forest road. Tea and coffee making flasks refreshed twice a day unless you request more.

Room Tip: Just go with the fan room unless you want air con
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Caldes de Montbui, Spain
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I did an internship in Ubud during 3 months so when I arrived I started looking for accomodation and I checked thousands of homestays around the main area:

I saw a lot of dirty places and over-rated rooms but when I found out Gerhana Sari 2 I knew that this was going to be my place.

I needed something not so expensive, with good location because I don't drive any motorbike, with breakfast included and the most important requirements were: somewhere clean, a nice atmosphere and a safe room to leave all my stuff for long term.

I had a good vibration from the beginning when talking with the owners so we made an agreement and I spent the 3 months there.
I'm really happy with my decision because I felt like it was my home and they were like my family. Finally another Dutch girl lived for a long period as well.

- It's a tranquil and a green spot in the middle of Jalan Monkey Forest
-This place is reliable and I never missed any belonging in 3 months
-They cleaned my room every day so it was always a pleasure coming back home and see everything ready
- The whole family are lovely and they prepare and organize everything by themselves

Will come back soon to visit them!

Room Tip: There are 3 type of rooms, I stayed in the one with fan and modern forniture.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo